Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156232 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #9330 on: June 23, 2021, 06:57:36 PM »
Roast beef with Swiss cheese, horse radish, onions, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper on a hard roll  :devour:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9331 on: June 24, 2021, 04:29:12 PM »

I like to drink iced tea in the summer months. I prefer Luzianne brand. Finding it lately is a challenge. Seems to NOT be a priority in some of the stores favoring quick easy sales of products EVERYBODY needs.

Only place I can find the "NON decapitated" variety (my twistedness - decaffeinated tea has no head :P) has been DAMNAZON, damn it!

BUT, I ordered some tea from Damnazon ttwo days ago late in the afternoon. I received my order before noon the next day. Pretty sure that's what the original Amazon visionary had in mind at the start. I forgot his name. I win.

Then came  "Save The Sale"  at any cost, even using third party venders. Damn.

I got my favorite tea in a case, delivered from Walmart in St. Louis, MO, via Damnazon's effort almost immediately.  Kind of hard to find fault with the master plan. Certainly fits the current conditions.

My maternal grandmother retired from Wm. B. Reily in the early 60's.  She worked in the factory, packaging the coffee.  I always loved the lingering fragrance of coffee from her from work.  In a summer of the early 1970's I worked in the office.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9332 on: June 24, 2021, 04:31:57 PM »
Roast beef with Swiss cheese, horse radish, onions, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper on a hard roll  :devour:

Put that on French Bread and you've got heaven.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9333 on: June 24, 2021, 04:33:18 PM »
A two year battery for the car.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9334 on: June 25, 2021, 12:59:39 AM »
Bought beer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9335 on: June 25, 2021, 08:03:49 AM »

I like to drink iced tea in the summer months. I prefer Luzianne brand. Finding it lately is a challenge. Seems to NOT be a priority in some of the stores favoring quick easy sales of products EVERYBODY needs.

Only place I can find the "NON decapitated" variety (my twistedness - decaffeinated tea has no head :P) has been DAMNAZON, damn it!

BUT, I ordered some tea from Damnazon ttwo days ago late in the afternoon. I received my order before noon the next day. Pretty sure that's what the original Amazon visionary had in mind at the start. I forgot his name. I win.

I got my favorite tea in a case, delivered from Walmart in St. Louis, MO, via Damnazon's effort almost immediately.  Kind of hard to find fault with the master plan. Certainly fits the current conditions.

My maternal grandmother retired from Wm. B. Reily in the early 60's.  She worked in the factory, packaging the coffee.  I always loved the lingering fragrance of coffee from her from work.  In a summer of the early 1970's I worked in the office.

My maternal grandmother was born in 1908 and retired from Timex watch plant after many years of coming home stinky.

I have enjoyed these old memories lately. I have started a kind of mental "Credits" page in my mind, like at the end of movies. Keeping track of what I had learned from whom and when has actually continued my interest in living at times.

"OH!  I learned that from my granny!"
 :lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9336 on: June 27, 2021, 03:21:24 AM »
I want to buy The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9337 on: June 27, 2021, 05:15:33 PM »

I have trouble dealing with too much smells, even if they're good smells. Working in a coffee factory would probably ruin coffee for me.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9338 on: June 28, 2021, 04:51:14 PM »
When Grandma Teenie would visit us on her vacation, she would ride the train.  Her clothes were in a grocery bag and the suitcase was filled with Luzianne coffee.  Another grocery bag held the french bread.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9339 on: July 04, 2021, 12:25:23 PM »
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes - all strips (but one) between 1985 and 1995.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9340 on: July 08, 2021, 06:17:03 AM »
A small bottle of Daisy Love by Marc Jacobs (purse size - I've taken to spritzing perfume on my covid masks so I can smell something nice and it makes wearing them a bit more tolerable).
Another 50 box of masks.
Cheap quilt cover set from Kmart.
Groceries.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #9341 on: July 08, 2021, 07:48:32 PM »
Mostly stuff for my daughter's new flat, and limited edition/special offer whisky. I found a belter at Aldi - 'Glen Orrin' Casksmith Single Grain Ale Cask Reserve. It's £15 and well worth a punt, especially if you like smooth grain whiskies with interesting flavour profiles. This stuff is scarily moreish. FourAce, you should pick some up to try while they still have some. But don't bother looking anywhere in the Aire Valley cos I got it all. :fiveshots:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #9342 on: July 09, 2021, 06:57:36 PM »
New disk brakes and a speedo drive for my personal scooter.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9343 on: July 10, 2021, 03:08:13 AM »
Books.

- Albert Einstein

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9344 on: July 10, 2021, 01:44:56 PM »
Mostly stuff for my daughter's new flat, and limited edition/special offer whisky. I found a belter at Aldi - 'Glen Orrin' Casksmith Single Grain Ale Cask Reserve. It's £15 and well worth a punt, especially if you like smooth grain whiskies with interesting flavour profiles. This stuff is scarily moreish. FourAce, you should pick some up to try while they still have some. But don't bother looking anywhere in the Aire Valley cos I got it all. :fiveshots:

The Aldi stores here don't sell hard liquor, only wine and beer. I don't buy them but have read Aldi alcohols have a good reputation for quality with great prices, high marks in reviews just like their food.  :thumbup:
:gopher: