Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157817 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #9315 on: June 14, 2021, 11:31:44 AM »

Contractor grade Craftsman table saw with a "burnt out" motor for forty bucks.
Someone in the history of this old saw from the '70s messed with the motor to switch it to 220V, which is fine, but the cables were not properly strain relieved during re-installation. I rewired the thing for 110V and it runs great. Can't wait to get it all squared up and running right!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9316 on: June 19, 2021, 05:29:28 PM »
I ordered a gift. It felt weird doing it because I've hardly shopped online at all this year.  :hadron:
:gopher:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9317 on: June 20, 2021, 12:12:38 PM »
A 10 seater Ratten garden dining set.

A cover for a 10 seater Ratten garden dining set.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9318 on: June 20, 2021, 12:13:34 PM »
A accacia wood bed and mattress.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9319 on: June 20, 2021, 06:55:35 PM »
Air hose fittings
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9320 on: June 21, 2021, 04:18:17 AM »

Today I am inundated with ads for beds.  You'd think that modern advertising bots would be able to work out that the last bed I bought probably hasn't worn out in the (checks watch) 23 hours since I ordered it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9321 on: June 22, 2021, 07:10:35 AM »
Google knows what's best for you. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9322 on: June 22, 2021, 07:12:54 AM »
Bought and returned a Samsung wireless charger. Said on the package that it supports charging Samsung Galaxy Watches but it was only when I tested it that I saw the fine print stating that yeah, only the latest version of the bloody watch.  >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9323 on: June 22, 2021, 07:09:53 PM »

Today I am inundated with ads for beds.  You'd think that modern advertising bots would be able to work out that the last bed I bought probably hasn't worn out in the (checks watch) 23 hours since I ordered it.
Ended up setting browser to clear after closing. Didn't really mind being targeted with ads, until noticing the tv doing it too. Seems to have worked.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9324 on: June 23, 2021, 03:39:00 AM »

Ended up setting browser to clear after closing. Didn't really mind being targeted with ads, until noticing the tv doing it too. Seems to have worked.

Yesterday had two emails.  The first saying that my brand new bed was being carefully crafted by local artisans from responsibly sourced renewable timber supplies and would be delivered on 21st August.  The second email said that my mattress would be with me in two days time.  I had to email them back and point out that a mattress without the bed is like the sound of one hand clapping.  Thanks but no thanks.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9325 on: June 23, 2021, 03:40:14 AM »
My son broke his turtle tank so had to go buy another.   £180.   Which was coiincidentally the amount of money I had in my savings account.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9326 on: June 23, 2021, 07:14:00 AM »
I meant to buy software for XML diffing and contacted the company in question for a quote. They no longer sell named licenses but after hearing that it was for personal use only they gave me a license for free. :)

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9327 on: June 23, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »
I ordered a gift. It felt weird doing it because I've hardly shopped online at all this year.  :hadron:

Good on ya, matey!

You would be one of The Very Few who shopped online LESS this year than before.

I have fallen in love with online shopping for incidentals. Kroger makes it SO easy. Canned and dry good, soaps, cleaners, paper goods all fit the  "let someone else"  shop for you scenario.  Click on a picture and someone else in the store finds it and brings it out to your car. As close to ZERO contact as I have seen.
Pretty sure that that is just ONE of the many new paradigm models this pandemic scare has fueled.
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9328 on: June 23, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »

I like to drink iced tea in the summer months. I prefer Luzianne brand. Finding it lately is a challenge. Seems to NOT be a priority in some of the stores favoring quick easy sales of products EVERYBODY needs.

Only place I can find the "NON decapitated" variety (my twistedness - decaffeinated tea has no head :P) has been DAMNAZON, damn it!

BUT, I ordered some tea from Damnazon ttwo days ago late in the afternoon. I received my order before noon the next day. Pretty sure that's what the original Amazon visionary had in mind at the start. I forgot his name. I win.

Then came  "Save The Sale"  at any cost, even using third party venders. Damn.

I got my favorite tea in a case, delivered from Walmart in St. Louis, MO, via Damnazon's effort almost immediately.  Kind of hard to find fault with the master plan. Certainly fits the current conditions.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9329 on: June 23, 2021, 06:31:07 PM »

Good on ya, matey!

You would be one of The Very Few who shopped online LESS this year than before.

I have fallen in love with online shopping for incidentals. Kroger makes it SO easy. Canned and dry good, soaps, cleaners, paper goods all fit the  "let someone else"  shop for you scenario.  Click on a picture and someone else in the store finds it and brings it out to your car. As close to ZERO contact as I have seen.
Pretty sure that that is just ONE of the many new paradigm models this pandemic scare has fueled.
 :dunno:

I never started shopping online to replace regular shopping, but I've gotten more conscientious about it because it's so easy.  :dunno:
:gopher: