Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157670 times)

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #9240 on: March 18, 2021, 03:39:10 AM »
Twelve 8' x 4' 10mm thick plywood panels.

I'm going to use them to internally line my new shed.  I've already put in insulation (3mm double foil bubble wrap).  Also have a two seater leather sofa and a TV projector.

Once this is done I just need to wire up some electricity and the outdoor cinema room is complete and ready for the summer.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9241 on: March 18, 2021, 04:32:39 PM »
paraphrasing:   Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in. :^)

Funny coincidence: I'm listening to The Godfather soundtrack as I write this.

I watched all three about a month ago.

If the need arises, I have more quotes handy.    ;^)

Watched them recently, too. Have you seen Coppola's new cut of III yet?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9242 on: March 18, 2021, 04:34:15 PM »

I'm going to use them to internally line my new shed.  I've already put in insulation (3mm double foil bubble wrap).  Also have a two seater leather sofa and a TV projector.

Once this is done I just need to wire up some electricity and the outdoor cinema room is complete and ready for the summer.

What kind of screen do you have?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9243 on: March 18, 2021, 05:08:08 PM »

At the moment an old white bed sheet (for testing purposes).  When I put up the plywood lining I'm just painting the end wall white (might do a second coat thats slightly greyed, depending on results.)

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #9244 on: March 19, 2021, 05:53:38 PM »
1st pay day, so I treated myself to a new M1 macbook air.  8)

Normally a PC guy, but windows laptops rarely have impressed me if I want a good portable machine for day to day use.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9245 on: March 20, 2021, 06:20:36 AM »
Pecan pie to celebrate Pi Day.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

We will be there shortly!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9246 on: March 20, 2021, 06:29:32 AM »

Only seen a trailer hack on Youtube.

I am very interested. Some of the hype is just adds to the mystery for me. But, I am RIGHT THERE!!  Probably just buy it when I first see it for sale.

Probably buy the White Album a few more times, too.  :autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9247 on: March 20, 2021, 06:36:20 AM »

At the moment an old white bed sheet (for testing purposes).  When I put up the plywood lining I'm just painting the end wall white (might do a second coat thats slightly greyed, depending on results.)

Haven't seen the results, but a local farmer put to use a vacant cow field and barn for drive in theater type of small scale deal.

He painted the side of a barn with this type of stuff. Don't know this brand, but the guy said he used a Rhino product (like the pickup bed liner people) I can't find a link for.

https://www.projectorscreen.com/projector-screen-paint-on-screen

Might pay to do some research.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:38:54 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9248 on: March 21, 2021, 09:18:23 AM »

Haven't seen the results, but a local farmer put to use a vacant cow field and barn for drive in theater type of small scale deal.

He painted the side of a barn with this type of stuff. Don't know this brand, but the guy said he used a Rhino product (like the pickup bed liner people) I can't find a link for.

I did.  Projector paint is like £100 a tin.  I've read stuff where people have just used white matt household emulsion and it worked fine.   So I'll mix up whatever I need from the tin of white and the tin of grey that I already have in the cupboard under the stairs.  If it turns out no good I've got a cheap non-reflective white cloth screen that cost me £10 on ebay - I'll hang that.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9249 on: March 22, 2021, 05:49:54 AM »
I bought a khaki backpack and a blanket for the cats at the Salvos.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9250 on: March 22, 2021, 05:28:13 PM »

Only seen a trailer hack on Youtube.

I am very interested. Some of the hype is just adds to the mystery for me. But, I am RIGHT THERE!!  Probably just buy it when I first see it for sale.

Probably buy the White Album a few more times, too.  :autism:

If there's a new version, sure. :zoinks:

I have the original LP still, complete with photos and everything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9251 on: March 22, 2021, 05:33:51 PM »

Or, if you want to place your speakers behind the screen, a double-layered white lycra/spandex sheet works. A black rear sheet works well if the lighting conditions aren't perfect. The spandex is audio transparent.

My garage screen is 3.3 x 1.5 metres lycra, with five JBL speakers as screen channels. The frequency response is awesome.  :headbang2:

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9252 on: March 23, 2021, 04:36:55 PM »

Or, if you want to place your speakers behind the screen, a double-layered white lycra/spandex sheet works. A black rear sheet works well if the lighting conditions aren't perfect. The spandex is audio transparent.

My garage screen is 3.3 x 1.5 metres lycra, with five JBL speakers as screen channels. The frequency response is awesome.  :headbang2:

I like that idea better!

... but I'm a sound nut from way back.

I remember you buying the material, but I have not seen updates. Sorry if I missed them.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9253 on: March 24, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
I should post pics. It took me forever to get everything up and running.

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9254 on: March 26, 2021, 02:44:47 PM »
6 bottles of Saint Emilion.