Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155793 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #9015 on: August 02, 2020, 05:51:39 PM »
Basic groceries and some tops
Welcome back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9016 on: August 09, 2020, 12:37:09 PM »
Something to make odeon jealous

16mm looks to be in good shape and no smell.  Can't really check it out all my projectors are put away with lots flea market stuff in front of them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #9017 on: August 09, 2020, 06:15:00 PM »
Sold my EF 70-200mm f4L IS about 8 years ago, really kicked myself over it but I needed the money.

Found another one a few days ago for an absolute bargain, jumped straight on to it and it arrived yesterday. Really good condition - really happy to have it back.  8)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9018 on: August 09, 2020, 07:15:28 PM »
Pens and a notepad to journal. Journaling is great for creativity and ideas.
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9019 on: August 10, 2020, 01:09:26 AM »

16mm looks to be in good shape and no smell.  Can't really check it out all my projectors are put away with lots flea market stuff in front of them

Ooh.

Make sure you don't store it with other films yet, though, just in case.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9020 on: August 10, 2020, 08:26:21 PM »
I already have my Win98 gaming PC

:yikes:

Some things are better left dead.

I built it as a fun little project a few years ago, mainly so I can play old DOS/windows games without the need to do any tricks or emulation like DOSbox. It's more than fast enough to run up to XP fine, but kept with Win98 for max compatibility. I am thinking of swapping the CPU/mobo so I can use ISA slots for older sound cards though, as some DOS games don't like the current one installed.
I know I've said this to you before but damn I wish you lived closer to us. This is exactly what monkeyboy loves (he's looking to do the same for the same reason) and he could learn so much from you.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9021 on: August 10, 2020, 08:27:08 PM »
Bought access to all of my brain images for $5. So now I can see all the cool sciencey stuff but I still have to wait a few more days from the report from the radiologist.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9022 on: August 15, 2020, 07:02:05 AM »
Stopped at a church sale at 7AM, just as they were getting ready to "open" to the public.
I was on the way home from dropping my son at work. I know, he has a Jeep, but this is easier for him, I suppose. And I am a lawn mower parent, apparently.

Anyway, I found another box of vinyl, but this was more of a collector of modern re-releases. They had the first four McCartney releases on 180 gram pressing and a few more, "McCartney, Ram, Band On The Run, Wings At The Speed Of Sound, Flaming Pie (with live DVD, was not even aware of this version)."
Many other cool old albums as well. Asking around five to eight bucks per, but I bought the whole box of forty nine records all at once  for $100.

Yes, everyone was masked.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9023 on: August 15, 2020, 07:07:11 AM »

Ooh.

Make sure you don't store it with other films yet, though, just in case.

Good call.

I notice this collection includes "Little Black Sambo."  Kind of a semi-banned film, these days.

Interesting find, Parts!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9024 on: August 15, 2020, 07:43:36 AM »

I built it as a fun little project a few years ago, mainly so I can play old DOS/windows games without the need to do any tricks or emulation like DOSbox. It's more than fast enough to run up to XP fine, but kept with Win98 for max compatibility. I am thinking of swapping the CPU/mobo so I can use ISA slots for older sound cards though, as some DOS games don't like the current one installed.
I know I've said this to you before but damn I wish you lived closer to us. This is exactly what monkeyboy loves (he's looking to do the same for the same reason) and he could learn so much from you.

I'm probably confusing you for someone else - have we talked on facebook? Usernames confuse me on here so I don't know who is who at times.

I recently installed an IDE 250mb zip drive into it so I can save Simcity 3000 maps onto it, like I used to as a kid. Also got a USB zip drive so I can transfer them to my main PC if I want to.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9025 on: August 15, 2020, 11:34:44 AM »

I'm probably confusing you for someone else - have we talked on facebook? Usernames confuse me on here so I don't know who is who at times.

I recently installed an IDE 250mb zip drive into it so I can save Simcity 3000 maps onto it, like I used to as a kid. Also got a USB zip drive so I can transfer them to my main PC if I want to.
I DM'd you my name :)
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9026 on: August 15, 2020, 05:15:47 PM »
A small box of fossils mostly shells and crinoids but also a couple with leaves and a piece of a bone. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9027 on: August 30, 2020, 04:36:38 PM »
A wifi controllable plug. Going to try it with my raspberry pi and turn it into a window camera for security purposes that I can access online - would allow me to turn it on/off at will when away.

I've had it set up in my last place due to the abundance of smackheads roaming outside the apartment building. There has been burglaries around the area as of late, so need to keep an eye out.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9028 on: August 30, 2020, 08:02:55 PM »
Fuel for the van. Nothing exciting.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9029 on: August 30, 2020, 10:07:27 PM »
A couple of pants from the Duluth trading company.   They are so comfortable and sturdy.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant