Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157941 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8940 on: June 05, 2020, 11:57:57 AM »
Walked into the finally open Bookstore.  Went in empty handed, walked out with an armful, which soon became a bagful when I got to the car.   8)

I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!    8)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:19:43 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8941 on: June 05, 2020, 01:48:16 PM »
3 books. None of which for me. All gifts that I've sent off to friends.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8942 on: June 05, 2020, 03:47:44 PM »
I've been searching Amazon for something new to read. Can't decide what. It's a bit desperate since I have plenty of unread books around right now, but I don't know which one to start with. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8943 on: June 05, 2020, 05:02:49 PM »
I've been searching Amazon for something new to read. Can't decide what. It's a bit desperate since I have plenty of unread books around right now, but I don't know which one to start with. :GA:

I just basically grab the one that's a bit different and go with that one.  Now it's historical, the next one will be a biography.  Or maybe the latest Star Trek book I picked up today.  I'll decide when the time comes.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #8944 on: June 05, 2020, 07:54:30 PM »
Steam games.
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8945 on: June 05, 2020, 07:59:29 PM »
Alcohol  :beer:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8946 on: June 05, 2020, 08:04:34 PM »

That's on the agenda tomorrow for buying.   :wine:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8947 on: June 05, 2020, 08:06:24 PM »

I might be back myself. I don't normally drink much but I've had two already. It's been a shit week and the youngest is at her Dad's.  :beergrin:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8948 on: June 05, 2020, 08:17:57 PM »

I might be back myself. I don't normally drink much but I've had two already. It's been a shit week and the youngest is at her Dad's.  :beergrin:

As long as it doesn't interfere with sleeping it's all good.  Moderation or even abstinence is good.   But, there are some days when I remember Anthony Hopkins saying, "Life is too short, eat the delicious food........etc.  So some days, one needs to indulge, and dare I say it.....over indulge in small doses.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8949 on: June 05, 2020, 08:19:49 PM »

As long as it doesn't interfere with sleeping it's all good.  Moderation or even abstinence is good.   But, there are some days when I remember Anthony Hopkins saying, "Life is too short, eat the delicious food........etc.  So some days, one needs to indulge, and dare I say it.....over indulge in small doses.
well my sleep schedule is non existent right now anyway while I'm needed by the oldest. But I only drink a handful of times a year. Tonight I'm all about enjoying.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8950 on: June 05, 2020, 09:01:25 PM »

well my sleep schedule is non existent right now anyway while I'm needed by the oldest. But I only drink a handful of times a year. Tonight I'm all about enjoying.

Cheers!   I'm done and heading off to bed.  See you on the flip side!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8951 on: June 07, 2020, 03:40:08 PM »

I just basically grab the one that's a bit different and go with that one.  Now it's historical, the next one will be a biography.  Or maybe the latest Star Trek book I picked up today.  I'll decide when the time comes.

My spazz self wants to focus on whatever my current obsession is but I have a bunch of books waiting that I know are good reads and that I will like. And it always ends with me grabbing something else entirely. Plus, of course, ordering more on Amazon.

I'd pay good money for being able to simply read whatever is on top of the pile.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8952 on: June 07, 2020, 03:42:00 PM »

Did this on Friday. Now drinking the last of it.

I wonder if there will be a wave of coronavirus alcoholics once this thing is over.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8953 on: June 07, 2020, 04:05:18 PM »

My spazz self wants to focus on whatever my current obsession is but I have a bunch of books waiting that I know are good reads and that I will like. And it always ends with me grabbing something else entirely. Plus, of course, ordering more on Amazon.

I'd pay good money for being able to simply read whatever is on top of the pile.

Why pay good money, just go thru the pile and choose the one that appeals to you?  Thats what I do.  After I finish the latest history one, I will read the Star Trek one and then the Biography of John Entwhistle, the WHO's Bassist, aka, The Ox!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8954 on: June 07, 2020, 04:10:16 PM »

Did this on Friday. Now drinking the last of it.

I wonder if there will be a wave of coronavirus alcoholics once this thing is over.
I'd say absolutely given the drastic increase I'm seeing just in depression, anxiety and PTSD cases.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad