Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155838 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8910 on: April 19, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
Lucin Variscite  :laugh:
:skywarp:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8911 on: April 19, 2020, 07:44:55 PM »
Welcome back, Jesse! :)  :thumbup:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8912 on: April 19, 2020, 08:00:27 PM »
Lucin Variscite  :laugh:

Your profile pic reminds me of malachite.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #8913 on: April 20, 2020, 08:26:26 AM »
Thanks Renaeden! nice to be back

Rockhound, Nice catch! it is Malachite.  :laugh:

I've been deep in it for some time now, collecting rocks minerals and gemstones. I've also got some Faceted Iolite, Herkimer Diamonds, Star Garnets (4 and 6 pointed) stars, Topaz crystal, a 20 ct Epidote from Pakistan  :laugh: :laugh: (emo)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8914 on: April 20, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »
4 new books :heart:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8915 on: April 20, 2020, 10:43:12 AM »
Thanks Renaeden! nice to be back

Rockhound, Nice catch! it is Malachite.  :laugh:

I've been deep in it for some time now, collecting rocks minerals and gemstones. I've also got some Faceted Iolite, Herkimer Diamonds, Star Garnets (4 and 6 pointed) stars, Topaz crystal, a 20 ct Epidote from Pakistan  :laugh: :laugh: (emo)

We collected some Herkimer Diamonds on our trips there.  Crystal clear and double pointed.  With a few carbon spots in them, but, that's the norm for most of  what we found. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #8916 on: April 20, 2020, 12:10:45 PM »
Oh nice. Herks are actually pretty rare in large sizes that are clean. My biggest one is not very big, but fairly clean. I have 2 in the matrix and 1 just lose.

I also have 4 "Payson diamonds" which are similar to herkimers but are not as pretty imo

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8917 on: April 20, 2020, 12:17:55 PM »
The Herkimer Diamonds in the mine store are beautiful and there are some unusual shapes.  One actually clustered in the rough shape of a crucifix.  The big ones are usually found by the pro rock hounds not the ground scanners or casual diggers like myself and Amber.  BUT, it's the lure of the finding that one special stone that keeps my eyes peeled to the ground.   :mischief:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8918 on: April 20, 2020, 12:24:46 PM »
Groceries. Did some BBQ'ing earlier.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #8919 on: April 20, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »
The Herkimer Diamonds in the mine store are beautiful and there are some unusual shapes.  One actually clustered in the rough shape of a crucifix.  The big ones are usually found by the pro rock hounds not the ground scanners or casual diggers like myself and Amber.  BUT, it's the lure of the finding that one special stone that keeps my eyes peeled to the ground.   :mischief:
Awesome. I try to find stuff locally too, mostly though I purchase stuff online. I'm trying to get some Tiffany stone now but wow is it expensive

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8920 on: April 20, 2020, 04:07:58 PM »
Awesome. I try to find stuff locally too, mostly though I purchase stuff online. I'm trying to get some Tiffany stone now but wow is it expensive

Amber buys stuff online.......I want to FIND stuff in the wild.    8)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8921 on: May 28, 2020, 08:28:07 PM »
We bought the most awesome thing on Wednesday. We went to City Farmers (which is a huge pet store) and bought some cat food and a litter tray for the cats. So what, a litter tray? Well this one is different. The cats have to get in it from the top where the entrance is.

The reason why we bought it is because Liam had a nasty habit of standing up while he peed and spraying all over the entrance to the old litter tray, which was shaped like an igloo. Liam also used to pee on piles of clothes (washing in the laundry), the bath mat and in the bath (which I didn't mind too much as it's easy to clean).

So in the new tray, Liam can stand up all he likes. Now I'm going to clean the tiles and grout in the laundry and hopefully they'll stay clean.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8922 on: May 28, 2020, 09:20:10 PM »
A pile of books to keep me busy for the next two months and a few pairs of seriously cool harem pants that scream hippie but that's me anyway. I will be living in them most of the summer I suspect.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8923 on: May 28, 2020, 09:34:43 PM »
We bought the most awesome thing on Wednesday. We went to City Farmers (which is a huge pet store) and bought some cat food and a litter tray for the cats. So what, a litter tray? Well this one is different. The cats have to get in it from the top where the entrance is.

The reason why we bought it is because Liam had a nasty habit of standing up while he peed and spraying all over the entrance to the old litter tray, which was shaped like an igloo. Liam also used to pee on piles of clothes (washing in the laundry), the bath mat and in the bath (which I didn't mind too much as it's easy to clean).

So in the new tray, Liam can stand up all he likes. Now I'm going to clean the tiles and grout in the laundry and hopefully they'll stay clean.

That sounds like an improvement over all I have seen.

My cat goes in the garage, but we still keep her SPECIAL box in that garage. SHE, being a girl and all does not stand up to pee, but as delicate as she "is" sometimes, especially if she has already gone there, she hesitates to enter. So, getting two or maybe all four feet  near  the powdered clay goal line, she tries, but we still get a bit of projectory feline effluent against which we constantly toil.

This type of box and a handy hose might pay most of the cat shit bill.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:37:49 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8924 on: May 28, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »
A pile of books to keep me busy for the next two months and a few pairs of seriously cool harem pants that scream hippie but that's me anyway. I will be living in them most of the summer I suspect.

Pics? No, not the books!! I have already read most of the books. I am interested in harem pants.
 :boatfish:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.