Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158494 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8820 on: February 09, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »
A UV flash light
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8821 on: February 09, 2019, 10:07:22 PM »
As I try to count into the future, I might still be a bit light on small rifle primers.

Bullets are the hard part and I have been focusing in this, but now, getting to a balance, I need a few pounds of powder and a bit more sizing lube ffs.

I know that you folk who do not load your own rounds do not have any way to understand some of this. Suffice it to say that I am set except for powder for years into the future without having to buy anything else to load about twenty thousand rounds of hotrod .223, .45 auto and 9mm.

I was already set up well for .44 Mag and 30.06 Yes, I still use a century old round for most of my local sporting needs. You will find that many do as well. 
I have another three more larger and more "sporting" if long range game comes into play. I am set up for those as well.

I, as a hunter, a full magazine of five as about as ready as you can be when it comes to huge magnum cartridges. You will only get one shot at your game.

I've thought about it before...as much as the SO likes to shoot. Could never get him interested though and I don't think he has enough patience...can't say that I have the time right now.

My dad used to reload...spent a lot of time in the basement helping. It was a repetitious process and very relaxing.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8822 on: February 10, 2019, 05:29:24 AM »
Bought lunch.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8823 on: February 10, 2019, 10:24:40 AM »
I need to buy milk, bread and margarine.  Aren't I the perfect little housewife?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8824 on: February 10, 2019, 10:30:04 PM »
I need to buy milk, bread and margarine.  Aren't I the perfect little housewife?
I feel like that when I have to go out and buy those things.

Today we're lacking bread and ice.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8825 on: February 11, 2019, 10:22:43 AM »
I didn't make it to the store yesterday.  Instead we had 2 meals of take-out.  Dumb choice.  I still need to grocery shop.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8826 on: February 11, 2019, 04:45:38 PM »
3 mil garbage bags

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8827 on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:10 PM »
I didn't make it to the store yesterday.  Instead we had 2 meals of take-out.  Dumb choice.  I still need to grocery shop.

Made it to the store.  Nice find.  45 ounce margarine is regularly $5.29 (I wait for a sale.)  It was on unadvertised sale for $2.69.  The mix I buy (Churn style) had a $2 off coupon stuck on them and the margarine is good until April 19.  69 cents for almost 3 pounds. 

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8828 on: February 12, 2019, 07:21:03 PM »
A front side turn signal for SO's Buick. Someone backed into it in the parking lot at the bar...the camera wasn't recording and no one is confessing. :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8829 on: February 13, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »
As I try to count into the future, I might still be a bit light on small rifle primers.

Bullets are the hard part and I have been focusing in this, but now, getting to a balance, I need a few pounds of powder and a bit more sizing lube ffs.

I know that you folk who do not load your own rounds do not have any way to understand some of this. Suffice it to say that I am set except for powder for years into the future without having to buy anything else to load about twenty thousand rounds of hotrod .223, .45 auto and 9mm.

I was already set up well for .44 Mag and 30.06 Yes, I still use a century old round for most of my local sporting needs. You will find that many do as well. 
I have another three more larger and more "sporting" if long range game comes into play. I am set up for those as well.

I, as a hunter, a full magazine of five as about as ready as you can be when it comes to huge magnum cartridges. You will only get one shot at your game.

I've thought about it before...as much as the SO likes to shoot. Could never get him interested though and I don't think he has enough patience...can't say that I have the time right now.

My dad used to reload...spent a lot of time in the basement helping. It was a repetitious process and very relaxing.

It is tedious and dangerous. It does not save you money, if you count your time invested.
It is a hobby.

Now, when you have a target rifle, loading your own is the best way to max out accuracy, once you know what you are doing.
Loading thousands of rounds over the coming months actually does save quite a bit of money, assuming you assign your time invested as relaxing hobby interest.
I do.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8830 on: March 28, 2019, 02:45:28 AM »
I went for lunch at a café while my friend was being tattooed. I had delicious sweet potato wedges and a Coke.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8831 on: March 28, 2019, 03:39:11 AM »
Speaking of target shooting, I have very steady hands and I can shoot straighter than most people,

Years ago a friend of mine wanted to give shooting a try. We went to the range and he had 5 shots at the first target. At 100 metres. 4 were in a very tight group, way better than myself or anyone else there that day. But his 2nd shot had missed the target completely by the look of it.

So when we went to change targets I saw that the first hole was slightly misshapen. He had put the 2nd shot literally through the same shot as the first, before the light barrel heated up and threw the rest out by less than an inch spread.

The guy had talent. With a good target rifle he would have been winning competitions with a couple more practice sessions under his belt.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8832 on: April 20, 2019, 04:39:58 PM »
AAA batteries and filter cartridges for my respirator

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8833 on: April 21, 2019, 02:58:48 AM »
AAA batteries and filter cartridges for my respirator

I realise it's not THAT kind of respirator, but still...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8834 on: April 30, 2019, 10:20:48 PM »
Not what I bought, but what I unbought.  For the first time in my life (except for the first couple of years with my parents) I do not have a landline.  The middle of May will see me without cable for the first time since the mid sixties.  Planning on an indoor antenna, a Roku or Firestick, and a few internet channels.  I think we may save $100 a month.