Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155792 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8670 on: October 05, 2018, 04:29:29 PM »
Chemical peels and aloe Vera gel and more iPhonelightening cables.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8671 on: October 05, 2018, 04:48:07 PM »

I need to find a decent depilatory for someone I know.

Being all autistic and all she has trouble with alarming hair in the worst places.
 :hahaha:

Yeah, I know nothing about any of that.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8672 on: October 05, 2018, 06:31:33 PM »
Sorry, Scr'eap that whole website does not once mention NHRA,  but that all happens across town.

One would think while hawking all the shit this town can do the Uhm, drags would have been at least noted.

BTW, it was kind of fun this year.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #8673 on: October 05, 2018, 07:02:01 PM »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #8674 on: October 05, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »
Sorry, Scr'eap that whole website does not once mention NHRA,  but that all happens across town.

One would think while hawking all the shit this town can do the Uhm, drags would have been at least noted.

What is this in reference to??   :dunno:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8675 on: October 06, 2018, 01:13:05 AM »
No buy, but a "friend" called earlier with a short notice invitation. Have not heard from him in a month or so, but he asked if I was up for a trip to the speedway this week end.
Of course, I said something like, "Yeah, what's up?"
He has a spare ticket to the Redbull Air Race down in Indy and I am who he thought of.

YES!!  I am going!  These small plane aerobatic fliers do some amazingly crazy shit to win.

I am going!!

I have never been to this, but check the link:

http://airrace.redbull.com/en_US/event/indianapolis-2018?rbcid=837_P_2018_USEA_AIRRACE_DIGSEM_Google_Brand?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhNas-Pbv3QIVVrjACh0GZwaFEAAYASAAEgKhAvD_BwE

Wow. Let us know what it was like.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8676 on: October 07, 2018, 10:56:37 AM »
A Yankee screwdriver
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8677 on: October 07, 2018, 03:21:43 PM »
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8678 on: October 07, 2018, 03:22:11 PM »
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8679 on: October 07, 2018, 03:51:38 PM »

I bought an amazing hoodie for my daughter reflecting my outing today. GOD DAMN Air Race! Never seen anything like this before. Holy SHIT!!

I am too big. They did not have any that would even come close to circumferentially enclosing my massive body. Fuck!! I weigh about two hundred ten pounds. One would think that a big ass sweatshirt would be available.

I mean FUCK!! I was one of the smallest big guys there.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8680 on: October 07, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »

What is this in reference to??   :dunno:

I just remember that you used to be involved in a big player in the NHRA. I try my level damdest to go every year to the Nationals here.

I went to enjoy it all when it all was in town, here. (I posted about it all) I had fun and I would have loved to have had you there to tell me who you want to fuck and stuff.

Drag racing rocks!!

Other than all that, fuck you. Go away.
 :asthing:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:26:53 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8681 on: October 07, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »
No buy, but a "friend" called earlier with a short notice invitation. Have not heard from him in a month or so, but he asked if I was up for a trip to the speedway this week end.
Of course, I said something like, "Yeah, what's up?"
He has a spare ticket to the Redbull Air Race down in Indy and I am who he thought of.

YES!!  I am going!  These small plane aerobatic fliers do some amazingly crazy shit to win.

I am going!!

I have never been to this, but check the link:

http://airrace.redbull.com/en_US/event/indianapolis-2018?rbcid=837_P_2018_USEA_AIRRACE_DIGSEM_Google_Brand?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhNas-Pbv3QIVVrjACh0GZwaFEAAYASAAEgKhAvD_BwE

Wow. Let us know what it was like.

Nope. No words.  WOW is about as close as I can get.

You can only barely imagine what THIS RACE LOOKS LIKE while you are (NOT SITTING, BELIEVE ME!!) jumping and witnessing this race first hand.

The smellls - yeah racing engines. The SOUNDS - no way to describe. Think two hundred and forty miles per hour looks impressive in a fucking car, try a bit faster and no fair touching anything, let alone the ground. I know those Indy cars use enough aerofoils to force more than twice their weight onto the track as they rip it up. But now you have to float on those foils! and the power of those engines! The sound! Yup the Indy cars could theoretically drive upside down at just over one hundred miles per hour and they can go way more than double that.

These guys do all of that and then just whip upside down and flip around and holy shit they are fucking five feet apart!

I just can not relate what I experienced. But it was amazing and I loved it. I want to go back next year!!  I will take more water. Drank more than two gallons. It was hot.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8682 on: October 07, 2018, 04:25:12 PM »
What an experience it was.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8683 on: October 07, 2018, 04:48:53 PM »
A Yankee screwdriver
Cool! I have one that my grandfather bought during a "home improvement" not long after WWII for a fluke - it was some time in the fifties. He was installing wiring into his shed where he had a blacksmith shop and a guy offered the use of his instead of my grandpa making nails again to get the job done.
He went to buy one that week end and I have it.

I also have his folding wood measuring thingy (not sure what to call it - it is not a tape or such - just a way to measure things and it folds up into a six inch size even though it can unfold into an eight foot measure) which I have popped half way open and run it throiugh my tumbler to clean it up some.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8684 on: October 07, 2018, 05:03:33 PM »
I have been to an airshow once, it was pretty awesome. It was held along the Thames seafront at Southend, outside London. It was 20 years ago and the RAF Tornadoes and Harriers were incredible.

I've been to a couple of Formula 1 motorbike races in Sydney. That is pretty good fun. I'm not really into motor sport in general, I had a friend who was an accountant who had free passes so he could help balance the cash registers at the food vendors. I went to a Formula Ford race at Silverstone in England as well. Another friend had a cousin who was one of the drivers. It was good to see the weekend warriors battling it out in their Porsches in the preliminary races as well.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass