Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156883 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8640 on: August 15, 2018, 11:10:17 PM »

I wasn't actually planning on throwing them but from what I have experienced with other brands of throwing knives, this one would be great for the purpose.
Pretty sure an accomplished thrower of knives could easily hit an eye with that knife.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8641 on: August 15, 2018, 11:23:37 PM »
You know you can only use one knife at once don't you?  Don't go threatening anyone's wife with a very little knife.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8642 on: August 15, 2018, 11:45:28 PM »
Bought a card for my dad's birthday and another card for my condolences on my great nephew passing away. He was only 11 days old but very premature. The funeral is tomorrow and I have to go to it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8643 on: August 15, 2018, 11:57:14 PM »
The funeral is tomorrow and I have to go to it.

Not really the sort of thing where you'd have a wake because of the circumstances.  Desperately sad for the family.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8644 on: August 16, 2018, 01:02:25 AM »
The funeral is tomorrow and I have to go to it.
Not really the sort of thing where you'd have a wake because of the circumstances.  Desperately sad for the family.
It turns out that they are having a wake. I have been invited to it. I don't think I'll go. What could I possibly say that would make it easier for them?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8645 on: August 16, 2018, 01:09:55 AM »
Be there.  Have a pint of whatever they drink in Perth.  Really though, it's not a cause for a laugh and five pints.  Just go and do the stuff.  Slope off after 40 minutes - they'll get the gist.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8646 on: August 16, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »
You know you can only use one knife at once don't you?  Don't go threatening anyone's wife with a very little knife.

I use them one at a time, but I own about one hundred decent kitchen knives. Usually, preparing a meal I use four or five knives.
That is a luxury my grandmother never had, specialized knives for specific duties. She had two knives, one large enough to kill and butcher bison and another small enough to pit cherries.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8647 on: August 17, 2018, 12:19:49 AM »
Be there.  Have a pint of whatever they drink in Perth.  Really though, it's not a cause for a laugh and five pints.  Just go and do the stuff.  Slope off after 40 minutes - they'll get the gist.
I went to the funeral but not the wake which was at my brother-in-law's parents' house. I like them a lot but there would have been too many people I don't know there.

My niece was a mess, I felt awful for her. My brother-in-law was too, which I found kind of strange. The service was very nice though.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8648 on: August 17, 2018, 12:23:45 AM »
Yeah - when it's someone's house, it's really a message.  It's too intimate.  If it's a pensioner that's died it's different.  You can slope up to the pub like normal.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8649 on: August 17, 2018, 06:15:43 AM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8650 on: August 17, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
Hey, I bought tickets last night as well, but I have to drive to my destination.

Joe Bonamassa is coming to Indy and I do not want to miss it. It is in November, but early ticket purchase is a must if one wants any chance of getting in. It is a small venue. One of my old radio contacts gave me a heads up and I just spoke for two tickets as soon as I saw the email.
It was like my mouse could not move fast enough to the "Reply" button.
Tickets were not cheap.

Joe Bonamassa was on his morning radio show last year (last time Joe B. did a local concert) and I am hoping to get a chance to meet him. We'll see how it goes.
I am taking my daughter. It will be our third concert together.

If you do not know Joe B. this is one of my favorite songs he does (I think I have posted this elsewhere on the site):

Another video, but this is about his stuff. This is a man I want to meet.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:43:46 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8651 on: August 17, 2018, 01:27:57 PM »

Do not get me wrong, Jimi Hendrix is still my favorite guitar player for all time and I still treasure my time with Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, but this guy is awesome, too.
I see his little "Nerdville Museum" and I wonder if he is ...

I do not know. I would like to meet him.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8652 on: August 17, 2018, 06:32:12 PM »
Bowes & Church's Food Values of Portions Commonly Used
This classic guide to nutrition has helped put the “balance” in balanced diets since 1937!

I've wanted this for about 5 years.  Finally found a used copy cheap enough to buy.  New retails for about $150.  I paid $18 for a 2009 edition.  The data on source foods hasn't changed and prepared and fast food can't be that far off.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8653 on: August 17, 2018, 10:15:18 PM »
I am taking my daughter. It will be our third concert together.

The best.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8654 on: August 18, 2018, 01:36:15 AM »

Do not get me wrong, Jimi Hendrix is still my favorite guitar player for all time and I still treasure my time with Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, but this guy is awesome, too.

My all-time favourite is Tommy Emmanuel, closely followed by Eric Clapton.

Clapton, as we all know, is god.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein