Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156497 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8445 on: April 05, 2018, 11:21:10 PM »
Guarantee you there will be NO ONE approach this house without this awesome little fellow sounding his alarm!!

I already love him so much!!

Isn't he beautiful?!?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8446 on: April 05, 2018, 11:36:26 PM »
He is, DD. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8447 on: April 05, 2018, 11:39:31 PM »
I'm not really a dog person but I agree with you, he is beautiful. You've captured what he really looks like in body and legs in the last photo. What a nice looking dog.

We took in a rescue too. Sort of. We heard a kitten meowing for two days, decided to let her in and she went straight for our cats' food. Not backwards in coming forward. She's totally black and since we have had her, she has put on some weight and her fur looks much better. Her eyes have also cleared up.

She is very playful but is still wary of us humans and flees under my bed whenever she's scared. At first she wasn't litter tray trained - she kept pooing in the lounge room. Geez that was gross to clean up. So Kayleigh came up with the idea of blocking the lounge room off at night and having the litter tray near the back door. We have been doing this for a week and the kitten goes in the tray now.

She seems to be very nocturnal and plays throughout the house for most of the night (except the lounge room).

We have named her Kira and she is going to the vet this afternoon. That will be eventful.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8448 on: April 05, 2018, 11:51:50 PM »
My sister-in-law is in hospital and we are taking care of her dog in the meanwhile, for at least another week or so.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8449 on: April 06, 2018, 12:07:17 AM »
I'm not really a dog person but I agree with you, he is beautiful. You've captured what he really looks like in body and legs in the last photo. What a nice looking dog.

We took in a rescue too. Sort of. We heard a kitten meowing for two days, decided to let her in and she went straight for our cats' food. Not backwards in coming forward. She's totally black and since we have had her, she has put on some weight and her fur looks much better. Her eyes have also cleared up.

She is very playful but is still wary of us humans and flees under my bed whenever she's scared. At first she wasn't litter tray trained - she kept pooing in the lounge room. Geez that was gross to clean up. So Kayleigh came up with the idea of blocking the lounge room off at night and having the litter tray near the back door. We have been doing this for a week and the kitten goes in the tray now.

She seems to be very nocturnal and plays throughout the house for most of the night (except the lounge room).

We have named her Kira and she is going to the vet this afternoon. That will be eventful.

I love the name Kira!

As most cats tend to do, her behavior will begin to sync with yours as time moves on.

All those doggy pics, my daughter took with her Samsung S2 tablet. She emailed them to me and I resized them to about one tenth size to make them more forum friendly.
Still OK pics of a great dog, though.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8450 on: April 06, 2018, 12:14:25 AM »
Those are some pretty good pictures. :)

What made your dog blind in one eye?

Rescue pets do go through some shit - Kira's tail is broken in two places. I wonder how on earth that happened.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8451 on: April 06, 2018, 12:17:19 AM »
He is, DD. :)

You can kind of see how a bit of dwarfism might be a part of his breeding; almost full size head and paws, but very short legs. As I mentioned though, solid muscle. Do not believe it, try playing tug-of-war with him - little fucker will impress you with his strength AND his stamina. Wears me out!

Never gonna stop, though. He will make me stronger.
 :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8452 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:57 AM »
Those are some pretty good pictures. :)

What made your dog blind in one eye?

Rescue pets do go through some shit - Kira's tail is broken in two places. I wonder how on earth that happened.

Very little history is available with most rescue animals.
Our vet just said it was due to an unknown accident, not a disease. Thankfully.

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8453 on: April 06, 2018, 12:24:54 AM »
They are a mystery aren't they?

Back to topic: What have I bought? Well, kitten food plus a few other groceries.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8454 on: April 06, 2018, 12:40:49 AM »
Awesome dog, DD.

Ren, will you post pics of Kira? And how does Liam like her?

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8455 on: April 06, 2018, 08:58:52 AM »
Thanks. He stole all our hearts very quickly.

He came housebroke, happy, the super hearing guardian, with a strong desire to run around the house and play Fetch and Tug-of-War type things with any toy that makes a squeaky sound. He also dabbles in the game of Keep Away.

Oh really fucking cute; If he wants to turn his nose up at his meal offering, he will grab some and lay it at your feet in order to begin a trade negotiation to gain access to what ever you are eating or preparing.
Amazingly entertaining little dog and so fucking smart.
Love him so Much!

Seconding the motion. Post pics, Ren!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:03:27 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8456 on: April 06, 2018, 09:45:32 AM »
Well done DirtDawg.  Both of you chose well in picking each other.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8457 on: April 06, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »
Guarantee you there will be NO ONE approach this house without this awesome little fellow sounding his alarm!!

I already love him so much!!

Isn't he beautiful?!?
That's awesome. Congratulations.

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8458 on: April 07, 2018, 09:39:01 PM »
I'm going to get Kayleigh to post some photos. I'm having a bit of a hassle with all my pics at the moment, plus I'm on my Kindle.

So we went and took Kira to the vet, only cost us $37 apiece and that included vaccination (oh noes, autism!), worming tablet and some wet food.

On the way in the car (5 minute trip, not even that) Kira pooped in the carrier cage. So she was scared shitless.

The vet was really nice but had some news for us. Kira looks to be a boy. So it's Kieran now? Kayleigh reckons we should leave it at Kira.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8459 on: April 11, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »
Carpet in bathrooms is just not done here, although my sister and I did live in a very old house with carpet in the toilet and bathroom. The previous owners were from th UK. That might explain it.

It doesn't get very cold here, hence my surprise at your putting carpet down in the bathroom. I wonder if I could handle one of your winters.

We used to have carpet in the bathroom!