Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155869 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8430 on: March 26, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
Ren? manipulative and malevolent? my autistic arse she is. Or if she is, she is fucking GOOD at it. Good at in a way that would, if compared, put kassi S's talent for snark to shame. And that is quite obviously never likely to happen.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8431 on: March 29, 2018, 11:30:17 PM »
Has no one bought chocolate lately?

I'm hoping that there's no family thing happening this weekend because I have no money and therefore no chocolate.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8432 on: March 30, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »

I'm hoping that there's no family thing happening this weekend because I have no money and therefore no chocolate.
There were chocolates sitting by my computer today when arriving home. Eating them right now.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8433 on: March 30, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »
I haven’t been eating much chocolate lately, just haven’t fancied it. I do like chocolate though. Phoenix would be drinking from her variety of hot chocolates. :)
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8434 on: March 30, 2018, 09:16:18 PM »

There were chocolates sitting by my computer today when arriving home. Eating them right now.
That's sweet. Literally.
I haven’t been eating much chocolate lately, just haven’t fancied it. I do like chocolate though. Phoenix would be drinking from her variety of hot chocolates. :)
I haven't fancied it either until I saw blocks of chocolate caramel on tv. Yum! I love that combination.

I think you're right about Phoenix.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8435 on: April 02, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »
Flooring, Two by twelves, a new toilet, carpet and various related shit.

Yup! I am one sore mother fucker. I did something I usually do not do. I was on my knees a lot this week, sawing, measuring, shoring up an old floor and finally resetting a new toilet. Actually got it done in two days. I am sure Parts will be horrified, but I did it right and it took the amount of time it took for me - an amateur DIY guy. Got her Done, though!!

Had a kind of soft spot in the floor next to the toilet. Toilet had run over a few times in the past, (YUCK!) and the floor was affected.  Pulled it all up, reinforced the underlayment, beefing everything up with new wood and set in a new flooring then fresh carpet.
I am very tired.
I kicked ass and we have a new bathroom!!
 :viking:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8436 on: April 02, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »
Carpet around the toilet?!
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8437 on: April 02, 2018, 10:16:13 PM »

Yes. The entire bathroom is carpeted with a one half inch pad beneath. Fucking gets cold here. It is nice to have protection from the horrid cold during the winter.

Savoy Truffle tune playing just now. Playing it again, since I was distracted while it played the first time. I love that song.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8438 on: April 02, 2018, 10:20:14 PM »
Carpet in bathrooms is just not done here, although my sister and I did live in a very old house with carpet in the toilet and bathroom. The previous owners were from th UK. That might explain it.

It doesn't get very cold here, hence my surprise at your putting carpet down in the bathroom. I wonder if I could handle one of your winters.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8439 on: April 02, 2018, 10:24:06 PM »
Carpet in bathrooms is just not done here, although my sister and I did live in a very old house with carpet in the toilet and bathroom. The previous owners were from th UK. That might explain it.

It doesn't get very cold here, hence my surprise at your putting carpet down in the bathroom. I wonder if I could handle one of your winters.

Just do it.

Carpet in a bathroom/shower room is a living luxury. Just fucking do it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8440 on: April 02, 2018, 10:29:40 PM »

It has been winter here (below freezing at night) since early October.

I have often had to scrape ice off my windshield when heading out to the race track in mid May preparing for the Indianapolis 500.

Winter is not over for a while, here.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8441 on: April 02, 2018, 10:56:30 PM »
I have only had to use the front hose to get ice off my windshield once. I had tried the wipers and realised that wouldn't work. That was when I had my first car.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8442 on: April 03, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
I have only had to use the front hose to get ice off my windshield once. I had tried the wipers and realised that wouldn't work. That was when I had my first car.
When it is near zero Fahrenheit, the absolute LAST thing any one would do is point a hose at their car. It can get very cold in Indiana and this winter it got very cold and stayed that way.

Besides, we store hoses over winter, otherwise they will freeze and break the pipes that supply the water. That is a hard repair no one wants to face.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8443 on: April 03, 2018, 11:54:27 AM »
Yeah, I'd avoid it if at all possible.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8444 on: April 05, 2018, 11:15:48 PM »

Well, not so much bought as adopted.

I think I told you all that we have rescued another dog from the Humane Society.
Our last one turned ill, began having grand mal seizures, suffered from a total organ failure, quit eating and died a couple of months back.

Anyway, Pics of the new dog. He is a very happy dog and very active and very strong, Short legs Dachshund heritage crossed with Collie, but solid muscle all around and a perfect dog- very protective. And we all love him dearly!!

He is blind in one eye, but hey, that just makes him even more dear to me.  This little guy fucking roxxors!!