Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155801 times)

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8415 on: March 19, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »
Is it the "Machine that goes BING!"??   :zoinks:

It's more of a machine that goes PING and ARRRRRRGH. I have other machines that do much better BING sounds.

FFS, you're British, you should know this one.

Everyone knows that one. It's so well known that I saw no reason to mention it.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8416 on: March 20, 2018, 01:10:33 PM »
I bought a hedge clipper a few months ago.  I'm using it to cut the worst of the lawn.  I bagged a large trash bag just with dandelions and clover.  Now my arms and hands are twitching.

And yes, I know it's not too bright to not use a lawn mower, but this is cheaper and strangely gives me some satisfaction.  If any of you have a cutting feeling around your neck then you're paranoid.  I woudn't kill any of you.  Welllllllllll maybeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I have green, red and purple flowering clover in my yard. I recommend that you let them bloom before you just mow them down. Do that in June once the roots have become well established. 

I AM JUST AS ANXIOUS TO GET THE SPRING STARTED AS WE ALL ARE.

Mine is the ordinary white and it is already blooming.  I would love a clover filled yard for the insects, but the environmentql quality folks might object.  And the neighbors might not think it so lovely.

The white clover is much shorter when it blooms fully. Probably get away with that in most places, but the red especially is almost a foot tall when it comes into full glorious bloom and nothing else sways so orchestrally in early spring wind as these beautiful plants.
I have them planted around the perimeter and try to avoid them for the first few seasonal mows, while they work their magic, attracting every eye that ventures by.  All the while mowing the center to keep the local over-reaching "yard police"  at bay.

Green flowering are about as tall as the white. Purple seem to not be as hardy as others and often get a freeze burn in late spring frosts around here. They keep trying every year though.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8417 on: March 20, 2018, 02:52:35 PM »
What you do with red clover, I do with Lady's Smock. Love that plant. It's pretty and it tastes awesome too. Have to leave a strip of my lawn unmowed, just to have it flowering and setting seed.
It had to be in my garden, with other edible weeds. My toddlers knew what flowers to eat and what flowers not to touch. Lady's Smock and Lawn Daisy/English Daisy were their favourites to nibble on. To the horror of other kids and parents.  :laugh:

What did I buy lately?

Pansies, to entice spring. They were frozen completely flat the past few days. But this morning a small version of Easter happened. They rose from their withered state back into pretty pansies.

Bought a game at the thriftshop, Ceasar and Cleopatra. Will try that soon with kid.

And bought a phone last week. Traded it in for another one yesteday, because the jack for the headset plug was not functioning well. Also 'bought' a different version of my sim-card. But since I had the card for nearly 20 years without having it replaced before, the upgrading was free for me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8418 on: March 23, 2018, 05:56:23 AM »
What you do with red clover, I do with Lady's Smock. Love that plant. It's pretty and it tastes awesome too. Have to leave a strip of my lawn unmowed, just to have it flowering and setting seed.
It had to be in my garden, with other edible weeds. My toddlers knew what flowers to eat and what flowers not to touch. Lady's Smock and Lawn Daisy/English Daisy were their favourites to nibble on. To the horror of other kids and parents.  :laugh:

What did I buy lately?

Pansies, to entice spring. They were frozen completely flat the past few days. But this morning a small version of Easter happened. They rose from their withered state back into pretty pansies.

Bought a game at the thriftshop, Ceasar and Cleopatra. Will try that soon with kid.

And bought a phone last week. Traded it in for another one yesteday, because the jack for the headset plug was not functioning well. Also 'bought' a different version of my sim-card. But since I had the card for nearly 20 years without having it replaced before, the upgrading was free for me.

Clovers generally "perfume"  the yard. As I mentioned, I have them planted around the perimeter, so that not mowing that area is mostly forgiven by the  local "yard police."  I do not really use my clovers except to admire, but Native peoples who lived here for centuries before Columbus used the flowering parts for dyes and the early greens as a mild spice. Kind of like parsley, it "freshens up" other foods with a sort of airy palate impact without taking over other flavors.

We have a dog who does serious business in the back lawn, so even a quick chew of the many wild plant that populate my back lawn (it is NOT just Kentucky bluegrass and rye mix like most local lawns) might be iffy, unless it just rained hard.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8419 on: March 24, 2018, 01:05:38 AM »
Some Star Wars and Transformers stickers for Kayleigh. They're quite good ones.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8420 on: March 24, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »

Is she your daughter?

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #8421 on: March 24, 2018, 02:54:34 PM »

Is she your daughter?

No, it's her former husband.

I told you Ren was dangerous!!  :yikes:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8422 on: March 25, 2018, 03:00:16 AM »
Is she your daughter?
No, it's her former husband.

I told you Ren was dangerous!!  :yikes:
Thank you for your input, Scrap.

Tequila, he is right. Kayleigh was GalileoAce, do you remember that name? She transitioned in 2010 and we split up for a few years - I went to live with my parents. When they decided to move to the country (not sure if you know of Collie) I moved back in with Kayleigh and shortly after I was leased government housing so we moved there/here.

Our relationship is platonic but goes deeper than friendship.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8423 on: March 25, 2018, 05:52:00 AM »
Tequila, he is right. Kayleigh was GalileoAce, do you remember that name? She transitioned in 2010 and we split up for a few years - I went to live with my parents. When they decided to move to the country (not sure if you know of Collie) I moved back in with Kayleigh and shortly after I was leased government housing so we moved there/here.

I didn't realise that you had a partner.  :)

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8424 on: March 25, 2018, 06:12:00 AM »
Not really a partner as Kayleigh is free to seek relationships with whoever she likes.

I'm asexual so the likelihood of finding a partner the same again is minimal.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8425 on: March 25, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »

:lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8426 on: March 26, 2018, 08:39:12 AM »
Two packs of 'classic' cigars. A pack of cream and raspberry eclair type pastries, some cheese pastries, some cheese and chili pepper pastries, bought a new water pump (about £50-something, a much more powerful one than the ones I have currently, with adjustable flow, for use in supplying coolant to my condensers), a birthday bottle of spiced rum for my old man, 2 bottles of dextromethorphan syrup, a bottle of liquid pseudoephedrine without the crappy polymeric glorp that tablets have and being liquid much more controllable in dosage, 2 boxes of OTC dihydrocodeine liquid, lots of tiramisu trays, family size, and a bunch of pots of madagascar vanilla pod-saturated vanilla custard.

Soon as I've gotten back from my neurology appt. I'll be going vacuum pump shopping, and if I've enough left, buying myself at least a couple of liters of carbon disulfide.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8427 on: March 26, 2018, 07:27:18 PM »
Cat food, this time including some kitten food too.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8428 on: March 26, 2018, 08:19:53 PM »
Nothing exciting, groceries
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #8429 on: March 26, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »

:lol1:

I can't be the only one who finds it amusing to portray our most benign members as being the most manipulative and malevolent.