Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155886 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8400 on: March 13, 2018, 03:34:22 AM »
I bought meds.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8401 on: March 13, 2018, 10:21:07 AM »
Damn am I ever glad  I don't have to pay for my meds. It'd cost me a bloody fortune and leave me, after the rent is done, with next to nothing to eat off, let alone to buy supplies and  equipment for my lab. And  if that wouldn't be a horrible fate I don't know what would!

Sent my old man out to buy some food for me, since I'm still stuck on the sofa with my foot in slow recovery. Still hurts like a bastard though, although at least my regular GP is taking care of me. Came round the other night a good many hours after the surgery had closed to see me and make  sure I was  alright, and has been willing to make sure I actually get enough pain relief, by actually more or less leaving it up to me, and  taking the rate at which I'm going through it quicker than usual as what is  needed, something very rare from any doctor, even the decent ones, these days, to leave it mostly in the patient's hands.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8402 on: March 13, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
I bought a hedge clipper a few months ago.  I'm using it to cut the worst of the lawn.  I bagged a large trash bag just with dandelions and clover.  Now my arms and hands are twitching.

And yes, I know it's not too bright to not use a lawn mower, but this is cheaper and strangely gives me some satisfaction.  If any of you have a cutting feeling around your neck then you're paranoid.  I woudn't kill any of you.  Welllllllllll maybeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I think you're going to be sore in the next few days.

As I often say, "I was born lazy and work hard at it." 

Slowly but surely is the key.  BTW - buy stock in OTC pain remedies.  I'll make you rich.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8403 on: March 13, 2018, 03:52:46 PM »
That's okay. I'm satisfied with just having the opportunity to ask to see someone's meat hoard.  :zoinks:

You are one sick, uhm ... I do not know what you are but you are sick.

Says the guy with the meat hoard.  :zoinks:

Yum!

I eat meat.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8404 on: March 13, 2018, 03:56:25 PM »
Heh, I wonder....maybe I should start my own pharmaceuticals company. It'd be interesting work.

Although it'd be the whole going 'mainstream' that would be the difficult to impossible bit :(

I don't agree with the huge ripoff fees charged to healthcare systems by big pharma though for things that shouldn't cost such prices  to begin with. And  often I've got a fairly good idea of what it would actually cost me to make XYZ if I were to do so, and can tell how badly they are overcharging. Sometimes its beyond ridiculous, and going into outright greedy and beyond the pale.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8405 on: March 14, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »
I bought a hedge clipper a few months ago.  I'm using it to cut the worst of the lawn.  I bagged a large trash bag just with dandelions and clover.  Now my arms and hands are twitching.

And yes, I know it's not too bright to not use a lawn mower, but this is cheaper and strangely gives me some satisfaction.  If any of you have a cutting feeling around your neck then you're paranoid.  I woudn't kill any of you.  Welllllllllll maybeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Slowly but surely is the key.  BTW - buy stock in OTC pain remedies.  I'll make you rich.
They have gone and made all the codeine-based pain medication the sort you need to visit a doctor and get a prescription for now. Paracetamol and ibuprofen are OTC though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8406 on: March 15, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
Heh, I wonder....maybe I should start my own pharmaceuticals company. It'd be interesting work.

Although it'd be the whole going 'mainstream' that would be the difficult to impossible bit :(

I don't agree with the huge ripoff fees charged to healthcare systems by big pharma though for things that shouldn't cost such prices  to begin with. And  often I've got a fairly good idea of what it would actually cost me to make XYZ if I were to do so, and can tell how badly they are overcharging. Sometimes its beyond ridiculous, and going into outright greedy and beyond the pale.

As long as you can set up a way to supply me with legal grass in Indiana, I am right there.

I might even become an investor in your enterprise. I kind of miss my grass.
I am actually a hobbyist in horticulture and some of my early successes were all about cannabis .
I actually set aside male plants to create a small set of females where seeds were the only reason they were alive in order to help an old "friend" who fed the seeds to his fighting chickens to release their "male angst" and make them more fighty.

None of that fighty stuff happens to me. I just get all mellow and "sit downy" and simply ignore what I should be doing.
I am at an age where I can just sit down and ignore all but my favorite drink and or movie.

Some grass would be awesome, but I could go to jail for a felony, which would bring into question the legality of the almost one hundred guns I own.

It is just not worth giving up my guns to have a decent nap.

Make it legal!! Then we'll talk some more.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8407 on: March 15, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »

IN case you are wondering why A SINGLE human being might have a reason to own so many weapons ...

it is simply a collective effort on my part. I buy the ones that appeal to me.

Many of the cool ones appeal to me, then I have some that are meant to serve a purpose, such as the hunting weapons (long range, very powerful), the massively devastating self defense weapons (hard to defend against a shotgun at room range), the play toys (numbers of .22LR thingys of all all sorts intended to improve aiming and handling of dangerous thingys), the hiders for instantaneous family protection (anything from .45 cal big boys military things to teeny hiders that just shoot the puny 9mm), the massive "mass"  of ammunition just set by to help every one else in the neighborhood just in case and the possibility that some one runs out of ammo, when it might count.

I am that guy. 
Just do not piss me off in the mean time.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8408 on: March 15, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »

I have green, red and purple flowering clover in my yard. I recommend that you let them bloom before you just mow them down. Do that in June once the roots have become well established. 

I AM JUST AS ANXIOUS TO GET THE SPRING STARTED AS WE ALL ARE.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8409 on: March 15, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #8410 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »
As long as you can set up a way to supply me with legal grass in Indiana, I am right there.

I might even become an investor in your enterprise. I kind of miss my grass.
I am actually a hobbyist in horticulture and some of my early successes were all about cannabis .

You should move to central Oregon.   :thumbup:   :stoned:

Not only do we have legal weed but also 35 breweries.  :glug:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #8411 on: March 15, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »

IN case you are wondering why A SINGLE human being might have a reason to own so many weapons ...

it is simply a collective effort on my part. I buy the ones that appeal to me.

Many of the cool ones appeal to me, then I have some that are meant to serve a purpose, such as the hunting weapons (long range, very powerful), the massively devastating self defense weapons (hard to defend against a shotgun at room range), the play toys (numbers of .22LR thingys of all all sorts intended to improve aiming and handling of dangerous thingys), the hiders for instantaneous family protection (anything from .45 cal big boys military things to teeny hiders that just shoot the puny 9mm), the massive "mass"  of ammunition just set by to help every one else in the neighborhood just in case and the possibility that some one runs out of ammo, when it might count.

I am that guy. 
Just do not piss me off in the mean time.

:viking:

I'm in the same boat as you DD.

Right now I'm trying to find a left handed, large diameter (7.62x39 case head size) bolt for an AR-15 so I can complete my ideal Zombie Apocalypse gun in 6.5mm Grendel.  :tooledup: 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8412 on: March 15, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »

They have gone and made all the codeine-based pain medication the sort you need to visit a doctor and get a prescription for now. Paracetamol and ibuprofen are OTC though.

In Louisiana only certain pain doctors can prescribe more than 5 days worth of codeine based pills. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8413 on: March 15, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »

I have green, red and purple flowering clover in my yard. I recommend that you let them bloom before you just mow them down. Do that in June once the roots have become well established. 

I AM JUST AS ANXIOUS TO GET THE SPRING STARTED AS WE ALL ARE.

Mine is the ordinary white and it is already blooming.  I would love a clover filled yard for the insects, but the environmentql quality folks might object.  And the neighbors might not think it so lovely.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8414 on: March 19, 2018, 07:09:30 PM »
Had a $14 off coupon for clothes or shoes at a local store.  Couldn't find any shoes I liked.

Found 3 pairs of black long knit pants reduced to $5 each.  Spent 88 cents (basically the remainder of the tax) for $36 worth of clothes.