Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 154810 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8370 on: February 20, 2018, 03:42:21 AM »
Bought meds.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8371 on: February 20, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
gasoline for the car
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8372 on: February 20, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »
A small broom
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8373 on: February 21, 2018, 04:55:55 AM »
Aw damn. That blows. And don't suppose you know what 85kg is in stones? (I just know I weigh about 9 stone 9, to 9.10 and that it doesn't vary much whether I eat much or not or what I eat, I've never put much thought into remembering a conversion.)

And just had a milkshake myself, although I hate strawberry in most cases although can tolerate the macdonalds kind of ice-cream-like shakes in strawberry, I'd only go for that option as a last ditch if they had run out of beverages to the point where its reduced to a choice between those kiddy's fruit-shoot squash bottle things or sucking the stagnating piss from the chemical urinal cakes. Although not much of either a choice or a difference I should imagine.
I weigh considerably more than you do. 13.385 stone. So I'm pretty solid. For some reason I can lift heavier weights at the gym now than I used to be able to when I was lighter.

I bought sushi for lunch today.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8374 on: February 21, 2018, 09:32:30 AM »
Well I don't weigh very much. Its all muscle or bone or cartilage and skin, not much body fat to speak of.  Not impossibly too little. Also, unless you have some kind of specific metabolic disorder needing a specialized pharmaceutically prepared diet, then buying food from a pharmacy is a bad idea usually. The exception generally being a few kinds of (real) candies, bottled drinks etc. from some that stock that kind of thing rather than just medical products. Oh and '' gee's linctus '', codeine cough syrup if those count and can actually be found. (the former is a spicy flavoured tincure of opium, intended for coughs, stomach problems etc. but can just as easily be drunk neat, and doesn't taste half bad, a bit thick and syrupy for a beverage as such, but still, a couple of bottles of that are a perfect accompaniment to a few cold pints :P )

And raw fish? ew.

Hope you and the PR get your wallets back? how come both of you lost them at the same time? pretty crappy luck. *sends you both hugs*, hope you both get them back.

Almost feel bad at posting this, but just found another couple of pound coins. I really am wondering now how long its going to  be before life goes straight down the toilet screaming 'wankerwankerwankerwankerwankeeeeerrrrrrr...CRUNCH!..BLOORP..' with its  thumbs in its ass after poking its own eyes out and jumping into the sewers. Because I just know it. Something really nasty is being stored up for me and this is to lull me into a false sense of security, and I'm just being karmically fattened up for something horrid and not of this world with a face made of tentacles and screaming human faces with more tentacles to use for chewing gum. The luck I've had lately has been so good that the way things are going, still, I'm probably going to end up with a giant cocktail stick up my ass and out of the top of my head and being used to stir C'thulhu's martini like some kind of fucked up replacement for an olive or a maraschino  cherry that screams, and swears at the drinker.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8375 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »
No way would I drink cough medicine for its codeine value, especially linctus. When I last had laryngitis, the doctor recommended that and I had it but I wasn't too happy about it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8376 on: March 05, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »

My "big bonus"  came through and I filled (partially) one of our freezers with meat.

Yep, meat. I bought forty pounds of chicken, forty pounds of pork, twenty pounds of beef along with a few pounds of frozen veggies in mass quantities, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, peas, carrots (quick soup makings, mostly with the frozen veggies, but delicious as an addendum to any quick meal).

Oh and an oil change for my car, which requires the very pricey synthetic type of oil, being an entirely aluminium engine.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8377 on: March 05, 2018, 07:55:42 PM »
I bought cat food for Liam. Royal Canin. He gets the best. :heart:
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8378 on: March 05, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »

My "big bonus"  came through and I filled (partially) one of our freezers with meat.

Yep, meat. I bought forty pounds of chicken, forty pounds of pork, twenty pounds of beef along with a few pounds of frozen veggies in mass quantities, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, peas, carrots (quick soup makings, mostly with the frozen veggies, but delicious as an addendum to any quick meal).

Oh and an oil change for my car, which requires the very pricey synthetic type of oil, being an entirely aluminium engine.

Are you going to post a picture of your meat hoard.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8379 on: March 06, 2018, 06:25:51 AM »
Doubt it. It just looks like a full, but dull freezer.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8380 on: March 07, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »
That's okay. I'm satisfied with just having the opportunity to ask to see someone's meat hoard.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8381 on: March 08, 2018, 04:41:22 AM »
All that green stuff DD...eww. Gross.

When I can get walking again, and check my bank balance I'll be stocking my fridge too.

Although the things going in it will be pretty different. Some thionyl chloride, thionyl bromide if I can find it as well (since  -Br is a better  leaving group than chlorine. Not sure of SOI2 is stable though, or that would  be ideal, as iodine is better still). I  fancy getting some phosphorus  oxychloride, phosphorus  pentachloride, phosphorus tribromide (although I'll likely make that myself using elemental bromine diluted in a solvent, added slowly and  carefully to a solution of white phosphorus in a suitable solvent followed by distillation to separate the PBr3 from the solvent, and  of course deal with any remaining willy pete, as it isn't the friendliest thing in the world)

Could do with a few liters of pyridine (ew! stinky. Sulfurous stinks are bad, sure, but pyridine has a more putrescent fish gone  so far bad that its mostly bones and some stringy bits of decaying viscera and chunks of floating fish-fat slobbering about in a noxious brown liquid after being left in a broken sewer pipe in the summer heat for several months, and kept in a container about a quarter full of piss, topped  up as  needs be before a  final evaporation, once the worms are busy wriggling  and writhing in it. Sulfurous I handle, pyridine in the other hand, is just viscerally sickening. Grabs right at the part of one's brain that keeps on the lookout for vile stenches that could signify a danger, then twists hard and pulls.

Its unfortunate really because its really useful stuff. But that smell is TERRIBLE. They add it in tiny amounts to denatured methylated spirits to render it not only capable of poisoning a desperate pisspot alcoholic and blinding/killing the poor unfortunate, but to make sure nobody would even think of it. There might be about a drop or so of impure pyridine in a bottle of meths, and it still has a foul pyridine-ey reek to it that makes my gorge rise.

Could do with both some 90-95% HCOOH (formic acid), some formamide, and some ammonium formate as well, as reagents for catalytic transfer type hydrogenations and reductions like the Leukart-Wallach.

Plus some formaldehyde, for an Eschweiler-Clarke reductive methylation, yay, great. Another real foul toxic and acrid little fucking stinker. Although I might decide to make that instead.

Need to get some new gas mask canisters while I'm at it too. Might go ahead  and treat myself to an NBC suit actually, go all the way, for that extra layer of insurance against noxious fumes. Been wanting one for a while now. Oh, and some good quality perfluorocarbon-based grease, which is super-inert against all manner of attack by even some of the  most vicious and aggressive, faceeating horrors I'll ever come up against.

Need to stock the food fridge too though, I'm down to..err..a mango. I think thats it.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8382 on: March 10, 2018, 05:42:10 AM »
More diet shake mixes from Aldi. But they didn't have any strawberry ones. But they did have coffee ones.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8383 on: March 10, 2018, 06:07:19 AM »
Bought train tickets to Copenhagen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8384 on: March 10, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
Bought train tickets to Copenhagen.

Hopefully whoever's going will be coming back?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: