Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 152603 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8235 on: November 06, 2017, 12:25:16 AM »
It's a very small gym. We were standing in a circle when it happened. I walked away to the dressing room saying my wire snapped and was stabbing me. Women only that day. But probably would have done the same if there had been men around.
Took off bra and did the hour of training, skipping the bouncing exercises.
Yes, I would have too!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8236 on: November 06, 2017, 10:58:21 AM »
Bought a rotavap, something I thought I'd never be able to afford, but after months and months of penny-pinching. eating a few meals a week etc. I finally managed to find one that I could afford, at a  a grand 150, and it literally just arrived, at the very moment I'd picked up a beaker and put on my full-face visor, only to have to take it off and  put the beaker down again as the delivery man from DHL arrived at the door.

And things went rather well..not only did he carry the big, very heavy wooden crate into the front of the house, but he asked if the VAT tax had been paid, and then looked at something and told me that it had been paid.  I'm 100% certain I didn't pay it, and afaik nor did the geezer who sold it me. I really did not want to pay the £70 demanded of me by pieces of shit that did nothing whatsoever to earn it, I'd gotten a demand from the shipping company by phone first, told them I'd pay on delivery, only for the delivery guy to tell me it has been paid.

Weird, I don't get that at all, because I quite definitely haven't given them my card details. My old man does have an acct with them and he looked up the tracking number for me, but he didn't do anything other than check the ETA of my parcel of goodies (well, big wooden crate), but anyhows...) and  whilst the seller knocked the stated price down from a K, 150 to a couple of hundred dollars, they govt fucks were still trying to rob me of £70-something, which is money that can go a very considerable way towards getting myself a new vacuum pump, and one of the diaphragm pumps, with a teflon diaphragm and interior coating, so as to be much better suitable for lab work, and to suffer less harm by far if anything corrosive gets past the U-tube trap immersed in either a bath of dry ice and acetone, or in liquid nitroge to force things headed for the pump intake to condense inside the trap instead.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8237 on: November 06, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »
Bought a rotavap, something I thought I'd never be able to afford, but after months and months of penny-pinching. eating a few meals a week etc. I finally managed to find one that I could afford, at a  a grand 150, and it literally just arrived, at the very moment I'd picked up a beaker and put on my full-face visor, only to have to take it off and  put the beaker down again as the delivery man from DHL arrived at the door.

And things went rather well..not only did he carry the big, very heavy wooden crate into the front of the house, but he asked if the VAT tax had been paid, and then looked at something and told me that it had been paid.  I'm 100% certain I didn't pay it, and afaik nor did the geezer who sold it me. I really did not want to pay the £70 demanded of me by pieces of shit that did nothing whatsoever to earn it, I'd gotten a demand from the shipping company by phone first, told them I'd pay on delivery, only for the delivery guy to tell me it has been paid.

Weird, I don't get that at all, because I quite definitely haven't given them my card details. My old man does have an acct with them and he looked up the tracking number for me, but he didn't do anything other than check the ETA of my parcel of goodies (well, big wooden crate), but anyhows...) and  whilst the seller knocked the stated price down from a K, 150 to a couple of hundred dollars, they govt fucks were still trying to rob me of £70-something, which is money that can go a very considerable way towards getting myself a new vacuum pump, and one of the diaphragm pumps, with a teflon diaphragm and interior coating, so as to be much better suitable for lab work, and to suffer less harm by far if anything corrosive gets past the U-tube trap immersed in either a bath of dry ice and acetone, or in liquid nitroge to force things headed for the pump intake to condense inside the trap instead.

Also, bought some food and drink. 2 big bottles of coke, the proper kind with real sugar instead of sweetener crap, several bottles of milkshakes, snickers bar flavor and maltesers flavour, plus two canned meals (basically a liquid lunch in milkshake form, inteded to provide a balanced set of fats, carbs and proteins along with vitamins, and one can contains everything an adult needs for one half day. Cost about a pound each, got 2 of those and just had them both, so that should do me for a while. Both of them, I picked chocolate flavour (they do three, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry)

Got a few chocolate bars, and a tin of small cigars. They didn't have the kind I wanted but had to make do. Also, got a box of rice krispies cereal. Going to grab some choc. milk before I have that, now I know I have enough money for more than a bite to eat now , due to my now not having to pay that evil tax on my rotavap. I shudder to think how much might have been demanded  if the seller had stated the 1.150 grand rather than a couple of hundred dollars.

Just got to read the instructions and set it all up then I'm good to go :)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8238 on: November 06, 2017, 02:27:44 PM »
Rug cleaner, a coke and a battery powered  LED  light shaped like a light bulb
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8239 on: November 06, 2017, 05:17:15 PM »
Vanilla milkshake
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8240 on: November 06, 2017, 06:16:35 PM »
yu
Going to finish my bowl of rice krispies then go to check my bank balance to see how much money there is left.  Hopefully there will be enough for me to get me the new teflon diaphragm type vacuum pump :P

(edited to remove  whitespace, fell asleep on the keyboard thanks to my pain meds. Last couple of caps of oxy I had p ut me right to sleep, and did it straight again and left me with a screen full of the letter 'E'

Defiitely goinsg to give myself a wakeup call with a cigar, a bottle of coke and finally going for a quick walk  for twp reasons, not just to check my bank but because a program called 'celebrity juice' has gone and started yet another new fucking series, of this awful festering hideous abomination and stinking liquid shart, spraying the verbal and empty-headed mental greasy, chunky diarrheal slops all over everything within this world that is, has ever been or ever will be, in even the most microscopic way decent.

The show is a repugnant crime against every good thing. H as  hosted by a brainless, lewd, complete waste of oxygen and a smear of turd wiped against the face of humanity as a whole merely by his drastically and utterly wrongful existence, and who should have been put onto the hot coals of a barbecue as a newborn baby and left to slowly burn alive, dragging the awful little piece of  garbage slowly over the searing coals feet first to ensure that the mercy of CO poisoning or suffocation are closed to him, the awful little  lower than lowest of the low-brow bastarding cunts, and vile, crude, noxious faecal smear on the shirt of a shabby, decrepit hobo in the middle of a top class restaurant.

Keith bloody lemon. He is one phenomenally odious, repugnant, awful less than human waste of a human skin given a rancid dog excrement filling. He makes me feel almost physically sick, and he just needs to fucking die for the good of all of society, so we can all be free and rid of this abhorrent pus-filled anal bubo.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:14:54 PM by Lestat »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8241 on: November 06, 2017, 06:48:38 PM »
More essential oils
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8242 on: November 06, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »
which oils do you like best and why miss K?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8243 on: November 07, 2017, 07:17:15 AM »
Defiitely goinsg to give myself a wakeup call with a cigar, a bottle of coke and finally going for a quick walk  for twp reasons, not just to check my bank but because a program called 'celebrity juice' has gone and started yet another new fucking series, of this awful festering hideous abomination and stinking liquid shart, spraying the verbal and empty-headed mental greasy, chunky diarrheal slops all over everything within this world that is, has ever been or ever will be, in even the most microscopic way decent.

The show is a repugnant crime against every good thing. H as  hosted by a brainless, lewd, complete waste of oxygen and a smear of turd wiped against the face of humanity as a whole merely by his drastically and utterly wrongful existence, and who should have been put onto the hot coals of a barbecue as a newborn baby and left to slowly burn alive, dragging the awful little piece of  garbage slowly over the searing coals feet first to ensure that the mercy of CO poisoning or suffocation are closed to him, the awful little  lower than lowest of the low-brow bastarding cunts, and vile, crude, noxious faecal smear on the shirt of a shabby, decrepit hobo in the middle of a top class restaurant.

Keith bloody lemon. He is one phenomenally odious, repugnant, awful less than human waste of a human skin given a rancid dog excrement filling. He makes me feel almost physically sick, and he just needs to fucking die for the good of all of society, so we can all be free and rid of this abhorrent pus-filled anal bubo.
Can you not change the channel and watch something else?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8244 on: November 07, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
Undies, as Ren calls them. Cream white paint for plinths and windowframe. Paintbrush. A book with myths and Jungian explanations at a thrift shop. Green glass bowls of the type my youngest brother collects. So, I've got a BD gift from him. Food.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8245 on: November 07, 2017, 11:21:40 AM »
Ren-oh don't think for a nanosecond I let that odious ginger torrent of diseased porcine excreta befoul my home with his massive efforts to menstruate forth his disgusting putrescence embodied in the shell of of an abyss-beshitten coagulation of foulness. Its bad enough that the revolting little untermensch is even permitted a platform from which to espouse his views, if his concentrated efforts to pander to the pathetic, the vile and the cretinous as best a creature of Lemon's vanishingly  small intellect is capable of can even be described by the term 'views' at all, but until recently, whenever one repugnant series of his filth ends and another regrettably starts to pollute the airwaves, never long enough afterwards, its been before family guy and american dad on TV. So I've been stuck forced to keep lookout for family guy to come on by allowing that  rancid fucking faggot on my TV, with the mute button pressed until It's show ends.  Now finally the horrid prick has been relegated to after both family guy and american dad so I don't have to suffer his presence, that repellent shitsnuffling little mogrel cockbiter. He should have his eyes and tongue cut out and the wounds salted with molten caustic potash. And his shrivelled little cranial dick too for that matter, might as well have the little fucker burn like a turd in perdition.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8246 on: November 19, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »
A small stone gargoyle for Mum for her birthday. Cost me $66. Worth it, I hope Mum will be pleased. She said something in passing about 6 months ago about wanting to put a gargoyle near her front door.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8247 on: November 20, 2017, 03:27:18 PM »
A   fez
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8248 on: November 20, 2017, 04:00:20 PM »
Some king prawns and a tub of peanut butter ice cream with chocolate-covered chunks of frozen peanut butter that go all squishy when you eat the ice cream. Really good stuff.

Still got a bit over £300, somewhere around £340-350 give or take. Helped rather a lot that a delivery I had, the delivery guy only sort of asked whether I'd paid VAT. Then he said that I had. I was quite happy to take him at his word, considering that the VAT would have been over £70. He told me it had been paid..and, well, I'm classically autistic, and us auties, we are known for being trusting people, no? of course it would be a terrible thing if he were to have lied to me, or somehow accidentally got things awry, I just couldn't live with myself if that meant the government went without £70something of my money that they have absolutely no entitlement to whatsoever :autism:

£70...that could buy me a good few pieces of new lab glassware and some certain reagents I really could do with atm, one in particular, that is both very difficult for home lab-owners to obtain in the first place, and rather expensive when sources are available.

And while I'm at it, since what I have in mind is extremely sensitive to both water and oxygen, needing handling under an atmosphere of helium or argon because its pyrophoric, I'll need to pick myself up some sodium metal for the purposes of drying the THF (tetrahydrofuran, an ether-type solvent which is ideal for what I have in mind). I've already got plenty THF, 99.99%, but it'll require final, very thorough desiccation by means of first flame-drying all the glassware used, and distillation directly into the reaction flask under a current of argon gas that has been desiccated by passage through concentrated sulfuric acid (and whilst probably not vital, I'll run it through a trap packed with quicklime to make sure no H2SO4 gets into the flask...conc. H2SO4 getting at lithium aluminium hydride isn't really what one could call something I'd want to be close to; since fireballs to the face aren't my cup of tea :P)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8249 on: November 20, 2017, 05:23:35 PM »
A   fez

Channeling your inner Matt Smith?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: