Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157986 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #8010 on: August 01, 2017, 09:14:43 AM »
Bought a fire table at the liquidation place for $1400. It's similar to this one except the top and sides on mine are solid with pattern work on the top but not the notch work like this one has. Saw the exact same table at a regular store later in the day and it was $4k more than what I paid. I wasn't going to replace my patio set until next year except this place was pushing to close their summer stock because they have to move to another warehouse location next month so got some seriously good deals.

That's an awesome table. I want one.

Right!?! I love it. Every place I've ever lived, I always carve out a little safe place in the yard for myself. It's my happy place.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8011 on: August 01, 2017, 09:24:30 AM »
^Are you secretly a man?    *

~

Just got back from the Albert Hein (supermarket chain here) and bought some of my favorite beers, 2kg of mussels, a fresh sauce (ravigote) nicely suiting eating the boiled mussels, plus (reason why I post here now) a bucket of totally nice pistachio ice cream.

Just had a small bowl of the latter and it's frikkin' lovely.

*you know man playing with fire.. a sort of primeval thing.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8012 on: August 01, 2017, 09:27:34 AM »
 :bounce: Yup. Totally not a man :laugh:

― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8013 on: August 01, 2017, 09:34:33 AM »

*runs off*

:laugh:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8014 on: August 01, 2017, 09:53:52 AM »
 :lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8015 on: August 01, 2017, 01:04:13 PM »
Oh, and I like your fire table as well (forgot saying that before). Think having your own lil. safe place (with fire nearby) in the garden is cool too. Be a bit careful with the tails of your dogs, will ya..

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8016 on: August 02, 2017, 03:30:43 AM »
Oh, and I like your fire table as well (forgot saying that before). Think having your own lil. safe place (with fire nearby) in the garden is cool too. Be a bit careful with the tails of your dogs, will ya..

That was actually a big part of the decision making. Standing in the store with the SO saying "this one is tall enough where the dogs can walk by safely with their swishy tails right?" :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8017 on: August 02, 2017, 06:30:14 AM »

Right!?! I love it. Every place I've ever lived, I always carve out a little safe place in the yard for myself. It's my happy place.

Sounds like a good plan. When I move, I'm going to have a decent shed with big doors or something in the garden so I can have an outdoor type of room. :)
:dog:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8018 on: August 02, 2017, 07:42:07 AM »

Sounds like a good plan. When I move, I'm going to have a decent shed with big doors or something in the garden so I can have an outdoor type of room. :)
I love that idea. Have you googled she sheds? They have some super cool bohemian vibe type ideas. That's my kind of style, not sure if it's yours but cool nonetheless.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8019 on: August 02, 2017, 10:46:47 AM »
Another month of storage for things that I said would be in storage no more than 3 months.  This was back in 2003.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8020 on: August 02, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
That's always the case isn't it? I'm trying to make space to clear out my storage unit by the end of this month. We'll see how I do. Although I find I work better with the SO and he's determined to have it done so we stand a more hopeful chance.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8021 on: August 02, 2017, 04:22:50 PM »
She should just get a little wooden shed and dump her bitch mother and cow sister in there, toss a straw or bit of plastic tubing so they can suck water from an external bowl, and occasionally drop food through a hatch (maybe)

Bought a lot of new stuff for the lab.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8022 on: August 02, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
Bought lunch.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8023 on: August 03, 2017, 03:05:25 AM »
Bought lunch.
So did I, for me and Kayleigh.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8024 on: August 03, 2017, 12:04:59 PM »
A bit under half a grand US of lab supplies. Got an awful lot of new stuff coming my way. And I mean a LOT of new stuff :D

Finally got a definite time for when I get back the shit the filth took from me, so thought hey, time to celebrate, and of course then there is my policy of for every £1 of stuff they in any way mess with, temporarily or otherwise, I buy another £10 worth (at minimum) of new lab stuff, as an 'up yours' and because I am don't back down to bullies, much less so ones who work for the filth.

Hopefully should start getting the first things I ordered tomorrow. Same as when I'm getting my shit back.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.