Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157830 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #7950 on: July 10, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
Jack-in any case it is not your business to stick your nose in mine, or open your mouth about things which involve you in no way whatsoever. And IF I WERE involved in such things  as illegal activity it is most certainly not your place to open your mouth and draw attention to it which does not need to be created.

So I'll thank you for keeping it firmly shut on such matters.

As for what I bought lately-200 pack (actually 2x100 packs) of filter papers for my Buchner funnels, a couple of new still-heads, of the type that has a straight  glass tube with ground glass joints top and bottom, with another tube coming out roughly the middle to a little lower at about a 40 degree angle, some round bottom flasks and flat bottomed erlenmeyer flasks in various sizes. A liter of toluene (which arrived remarkably quick, ordered near 11 PM last night, here this morning) two and a half liters of THF, some diethyl ether, bought a liter of n-heptane along witth quite a few other bits of glassware and reagents and solvents to the tune of about £125 in total.

Kinda fucked off though. I wanted some calcium hydride, but when it came to going to order it I got the message 'seller cannot accept paypal payments at this time' and I wasn't even trying to USE paypal, but rather, ebay's guest checkout and my debit card.                                                                                                                                     
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:36:52 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7951 on: July 10, 2017, 04:11:36 PM »
I bought boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape and permanent markers

:eyebrows:

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:
 :eyelash: :eyelash: :eyelash: :eyelash:

You guys better hope I'm not trying to hide a body. (apparently a well labelled body, nicely wrapped but whatever)

Did you make sure to give it a nice pair of cement shoes?
I will never tell  :eyelash:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7952 on: July 10, 2017, 04:12:43 PM »
Bought six 6' U-shaped steel posts for putting up temp fencing around the pool so the dogs don't decide to go swimming every single time they go out to pee  :P
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7953 on: July 10, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
Jack-in any case it is not your business to stick your nose in mine, or open your mouth about things which involve you in no way whatsoever. And IF I WERE involved in such things  as illegal activity it is most certainly not your place to open your mouth and draw attention to it which does not need to be created.

So I'll thank you for keeping it firmly shut on such matters.

No. I saw something that worth responding to here and I did. Don't post things you don't want people to respond to. You drew attention to yourself.

IF I WERE involved in such things
Wow. It wasn't even about you, but that's all you can respond with is you, your intentions, your involvement. Take all the personal risk you want. Was talking about the risk for other people, and my statement still stands; I hope you never find anyone so naive, gullible, or stupid.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7954 on: July 10, 2017, 10:31:07 PM »
The way you worded it, it was about me in part. I did not say fully, but it was worded such as to be spoken directly TO me, and thus it involves me, making it about me.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7955 on: July 10, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »
The way you worded it, it was about me in part. I did not say fully, but it was worded such as to be spoken directly TO me, and thus it involves me, making it about me.
No, you made it about you, made excuses for you, and told me where my place isn't to speak about you. In all the stuff posted over the years, have never once expressed any concern about your own risks. If you can't step outside of yourself for a moment, then don't know what else to say.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7956 on: July 11, 2017, 12:19:00 AM »
Bought six 6' U-shaped steel posts for putting up temp fencing around the pool so the dogs don't decide to go swimming every single time they go out to pee  :P

:lol1:

Ours is drawn to anything wet. She is a water dog so I guess it's par for the course.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7957 on: July 11, 2017, 02:10:16 AM »
With rather good timing, I JUST woke up, sat on a chair in the toolshed when the doorbell rang, and a courier arrived with a delivery for me.

Ended up answering the doorbell by blearily-eyed coming down the side of the house, still wearing my gas mask and blast shield over my face after falling asleep still wearing my gloves, mask, shield and all my other protective gear. Courier didn't say anything but I bet he wasn't expecting a zombie in hazmat gear to answer the door :P

Arriving for me was 2.5 liters of THF (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrofuran)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7958 on: July 12, 2017, 04:15:58 PM »

Ours is drawn to anything wet. She is a water dog so I guess it's par for the course.
Same. The beasts have webbed paws which I find fascinating. Do yours as well? I can't remember. They would forever be splashing around (one would cannonball into the pool without a second thought) and I'd have wet dogs 5 months out of the year.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7959 on: July 15, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »
Groceries.

I found that Woolworths is still selling Coke Zero so I bought two 24 can packs.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7960 on: July 15, 2017, 12:16:33 PM »

Same. The beasts have webbed paws which I find fascinating. Do yours as well? I can't remember. They would forever be splashing around (one would cannonball into the pool without a second thought) and I'd have wet dogs 5 months out of the year.

Yup. She's got them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #7961 on: July 15, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »
Groceries.

I found that Woolworths is still selling Coke Zero so I bought two 24 can packs.

You mean the old recipe? It's probably best to get a huge hoard if you dislike the new recipe.
:dog:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7962 on: July 15, 2017, 05:37:18 PM »
Groceries.

You mean the old recipe? It's probably best to get a huge hoard if you dislike the new recipe.

Alert -  Artficial sweeteners will turn bitter after about 6 or so months, less if not kept cool.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7963 on: July 15, 2017, 11:30:02 PM »
Bought an IDE hard drive for a DTS processor.

- Albert Einstein

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7964 on: July 16, 2017, 03:29:22 AM »
Groceries.

Alert -  Artficial sweeteners will turn bitter after about 6 or so months, less if not kept cool.
I haven't bought a whole lot because I can't afford it. Sooner or later I will have to try the new recipe.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae