Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158694 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #7935 on: July 03, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
Tortilla chips, five layer dip, chocolate cheesecake, and ice cream. Bought a few games and DLC's from the Steam sale.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7936 on: July 04, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »
The party starts when?  Cbc and I will be right over.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7937 on: July 04, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
With MissK tagging along!

Bought a dolly to help the BF move things around.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7938 on: July 04, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »
Miss K hun you should be concentrating on helping yourself right now my dear. Rest, recover.

BTW get back to me as soon as you can regarding the PM I sent, for there is a limited time window in which I will be able to do certain required compensatory things if the response to the PM is in the positive, because something has to be available to me to be treated in certain ways so that a positive response can be acted upon in the manner specified. And of course rapidity of action is the key anyhow due to the nature of the requirement and spatio-temporal distance between point of origin and endpoint.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7939 on: July 05, 2017, 05:30:01 AM »
Miss K hun you should be concentrating on helping yourself right now my dear. Rest, recover.

BTW get back to me as soon as you can regarding the PM I sent, for there is a limited time window in which I will be able to do certain required compensatory things if the response to the PM is in the positive, because something has to be available to me to be treated in certain ways so that a positive response can be acted upon in the manner specified. And of course rapidity of action is the key anyhow due to the nature of the requirement and spatio-temporal distance between point of origin and endpoint.
This wouldn't be the first time you've suggested some such thing to a member here, so will assume I know what this is about and say, I truly hope you never find anyone so naive, gullible, or stupid enough to put themselves at risk of jail by engaging in illegal activity with you.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7940 on: July 05, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »

This wouldn't be the first time you've suggested some such thing to a member here, so will assume I know what this is about and say, I truly hope you never find anyone so naive, gullible, or stupid enough to put themselves at risk of jail by engaging in illegal activity with you.

There are moments when I am glad the US and Great Britain have an extradition treaty.  Would consider breaking the law with Lestat if I could get extradited.  JK
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7941 on: July 05, 2017, 10:41:48 AM »
I mentioned no illegal activity. I was simply phrasing my bringing miss K's attention to the PM in a manner framed such as she would understand what I speak of without having to divulge the content of a PM to other than she. Merely stating that time frame is not lacking in import and beyond it I would lack the capacity itself to see that which is spoken of enacted.

And QV, aww, ya sweetie :) *hugs*

And jack-assume nothing about me, nor about things I speak of, when to of that which you speak, you are not privy. And what I offered somebody else was nothing illegal, I think I know what you speak of, and although a medication, it was an anti-vomiting agent, which is extremely expensive, yet which I had a surfeit of relative to my needs, and for which I myself did not have to pay money. If your talking about what I think your talking about then my one and only motive was to lighten a load on the shoulders of one cared for. Is that really such an impure or heinous thing to wish of somebody you cared about, to ease misery? It was not a truckload of fresh-from-columbian-cartel cocaine, it was an uncontrolled medication that is no more illegal than aspirin, although big pharma charge (wholesale prices!) almost £100 for just 10 pills, or something crazy like that. The kind of thing insurance in countries that need such would have a fit, and accordingly drs ration out with a vice-grip fist. I wished it to have the chance to provide benefit to somebody important to me, out of compassion. And sought no recompense of any kind.

Is that selfish and wrong? I see no way in which it could be attributed to such motives as self interest in any way bar that my interests are served indirectly in that the one cared about could be offered comfort.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7942 on: July 05, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
I don't have any PM's from you Lestat.  :dunno: But I'm okay. Thank you.

― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7943 on: July 05, 2017, 02:12:53 PM »
I thought I lived quite spacious. Terraced house measurements are about right for how I live at the moment. Sometimes am thinking about downsizing.

depends on style of terraced house.   As i said elsewhere, mine is as narrow as they come, more like a glorified passageway. The larger of the two downstairs rooms is aboput 160 square feet  (not troubling to subtract for space taken up by chimney breast and stairs) which would be fine if not for 3 entrances/exits making adjacent space unusable  space..and the depressing dearth of natural light (the only window being squashed into the space next to kitchen, looking out into a narrow passage beween my kitchen and the dividing wall between properties )

I have a sofa, armchair, bookcase, computer desk, TV stand and a couple of coffee tables in this space, and that's quite enough to make it feel cramped and cluttered.  There is nowhere remotely suitable to fit a dining table, so eating is done casually, on laps.

I'd like to "downsize" to a single bedroom flat with nice big windows.  The right downsize (indeed most such flats)  would be consideberably more spacious, and also easier to keep warm. (victorian houses are notoriously cold and draughty) But  the rents are too high, and the landlords won;'t take tenants on benefits anyway.  Ground floor flats in paticular are like gold. and that's what I'd be looking for...indeed I was looking for one a few years back, but gave up) . These houses are p[retty much the cheapest thing on the market.

It could be worse. They built masses of these terraces m  in Victorian times, in the vicinity of the factories,  and squeezed large -often extended- families into them. We're  heading back towardas that kind of cramming in Britain now...but without the convenient workplaces!  Heck , an awful lot of people are living on the street in my city, and i can count myself lucky not to be one of them, (it almost did come to that) so I'm not grumbling. But at the same time, it isn't something to aspire to either.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:45:39 PM by Walkie »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7944 on: July 05, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »
Pain meds and proper wraps for my legs.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7945 on: July 05, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »
I mentioned no illegal activity. I was simply phrasing my bringing miss K's attention to the PM in a manner framed such as she would understand what I speak of without having to divulge the content of a PM to other than she. Merely stating that time frame is not lacking in import and beyond it I would lack the capacity itself to see that which is spoken of enacted.

And QV, aww, ya sweetie :) *hugs*

And jack-assume nothing about me, nor about things I speak of, when to of that which you speak, you are not privy. And what I offered somebody else was nothing illegal, I think I know what you speak of, and although a medication, it was an anti-vomiting agent, which is extremely expensive, yet which I had a surfeit of relative to my needs, and for which I myself did not have to pay money. If your talking about what I think your talking about then my one and only motive was to lighten a load on the shoulders of one cared for. Is that really such an impure or heinous thing to wish of somebody you cared about, to ease misery? It was not a truckload of fresh-from-columbian-cartel cocaine, it was an uncontrolled medication that is no more illegal than aspirin, although big pharma charge (wholesale prices!) almost £100 for just 10 pills, or something crazy like that. The kind of thing insurance in countries that need such would have a fit, and accordingly drs ration out with a vice-grip fist. I wished it to have the chance to provide benefit to somebody important to me, out of compassion. And sought no recompense of any kind.

Is that selfish and wrong? I see no way in which it could be attributed to such motives as self interest in any way bar that my interests are served indirectly in that the one cared about could be offered comfort.
It was a combination of the post in this thread, combined with this post: http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,18644.msg1160537.html#msg1160537 and also this post: http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,18644.msg1160536.html#msg1160536 which gave the distinct impression you were specifically offering something else. Though it wasn't a impression of illegal substance, but rather activity, and controlled or uncontrolled doesn't negate the risks involving prescriptions, so the caring intent strikes me as irrelevant. Though it would appear the offer never even happened so that makes this conversation irrelevant too.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:41:56 PM by Jack »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7946 on: July 05, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »

I bought a huge pile of baltic birch plywood.

I have a project in mind.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7947 on: July 06, 2017, 12:38:41 AM »
I bought cat food, a new indoor broom and mop.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #7948 on: July 07, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »
I bought boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape and permanent markers

:eyebrows:

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:
 :eyelash: :eyelash: :eyelash: :eyelash:

You guys better hope I'm not trying to hide a body. (apparently a well labelled body, nicely wrapped but whatever)

Did you make sure to give it a nice pair of cement shoes?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7949 on: July 08, 2017, 01:41:46 PM »
A 10 gauge 100 foot extension cord
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw