Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157636 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #7470 on: January 17, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »
As a compulsive over eater, one of the signs that I'm out of emotional balance is that I begin to feel as though I fdon't have a "core".  It feels like an physical existence emptiness until I get enough food to bring it back into being.  Food sensations/taste in the mouth won't do it for me.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7471 on: January 18, 2017, 05:01:57 AM »
About £160-something worth of reagents. Something rather difficult although not truly out of the question, for most. The what, is in the skunkworks only mind you, but its an investment, in a large part, so I can start my own chemical company.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7472 on: January 18, 2017, 05:06:15 AM »
And a load of bags of haribo bubblegum bottle sour jelly sweets. Love 'em.

And I don't see the point of vape juice with no nicotine in it. I use homemade stuff now, so I can omit the glycerine, and use just propylene glycol as a base, because glycerine when it overheats and dehydrates produces prop-2-enal, or acrolein, a tear gas at its most pleasant, and at its worst, an outright poison and carcinogenic, mutagenic nasty ass shit. That and making it from scratch, I like mine at about double or triple strength (assuming about 24-25mg/ml from off the shelf at best). Vaping a mixture of blackcurrant and cherry menthol, with some extra menthol added to the propylene glycol/flavour/nicotine. And its much more satisfying than off the shelf stuff.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #7473 on: January 18, 2017, 08:27:16 AM »
And a load of bags of haribo bubblegum bottle sour jelly sweets. Love 'em.

And I don't see the point of vape juice with no nicotine in it. I use homemade stuff now, so I can omit the glycerine, and use just propylene glycol as a base, because glycerine when it overheats and dehydrates produces prop-2-enal, or acrolein, a tear gas at its most pleasant, and at its worst, an outright poison and carcinogenic, mutagenic nasty ass shit. That and making it from scratch, I like mine at about double or triple strength (assuming about 24-25mg/ml from off the shelf at best). Vaping a mixture of blackcurrant and cherry menthol, with some extra menthol added to the propylene glycol/flavour/nicotine. And its much more satisfying than off the shelf stuff.

Sounds like it's good for a blocked up nose too. Why do you have a lab, what is it for?
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7474 on: January 18, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
It is for...well, for anything that takes my fancy. Thats one of the things I like most about having my own lab. Chemistry mostly, bio/pharm innovation and exploration, biotech, synthetic chemistry both inorganic and organic, I've always had a spazz speshul interest for the sciences, being somewhat of a lifelong self-taught, (for the most part, plus learning a LOT on various forums) polymath. That and I am to the devouring of information what crack is to crackheads and being paid not to turn tricks, put a bag over her head and sod off is to courteney love.

I can't help myself in that respect, not that I'd want to change a damn thing about that, or being autie, of course. But I started pretty young, a few years old, about 3-4 or so teaching myself to read using mycology textbooks. And developing what in fact I strongly suspect was a special interest in the field that I already had and just needed something to reveal the existence of, lurking away down inside, like a choice mushroom delicacy sniffed out from its hiding place in a woodland or forest or field somewhere at 6am so as to make sure I get there before other mycophagically-inclined eccentric fruitcakes hades-bent on snaffling up some tasty prize for the frying pan before someone else like them, or me, gets there and beats them to breakfast.

And yes, I confess, I have, at times left the house at about 4:30-5am to make sure I get to the woods at the crack of first light when I've seen something like a chanterelle a day or two before, and have at least once, after finding a really luxuriant woodchip bed outside a 24hour macdonalds positively slithering with Psilocybe cyanescens (Wavy Cap psilocybe) the previous year and again harvesting bags and bags full of the almighty potent trippy little buggers so as to make DAMN sure I would be in there to claim my prize, I'd spotted those the previous year and seen some that season too, and waited, watched, stalked my prey in the guise of someone innocently going during the day for a burger, all the while, conducting recon to see how my patches were doing.

And worth it too, for some of the most potent shrooms ever experienced by quite a wide margin. The equivalent fresh of perhaps 3 grams dried (P.cyanescens are at their best fresh because of a high psilocin to psilocybin ratio, at least in the UK strain, not so sure about the US one, and psilocin is much less stable in storage and drying. Which isn't to say they won't absolutely blow the top of your head off :D A close relative of P.azurescens, which is, I believe, the strongest member of the entire Psilocybe genus.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7475 on: January 18, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
I was saying to my friend the other day that they should do vapes for binge eaters to help stop them from overeating...just have the flavours in the vape without the nicotine. I think it's a brilliant idea.  :green:

But some of us would miss ... chewing.  :devour:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7476 on: January 19, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »
I was saying to my friend the other day that they should do vapes for binge eaters to help stop them from overeating...just have the flavours in the vape without the nicotine. I think it's a brilliant idea.  :green:

But just think...you could blow clouds that smell like donuts.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7477 on: January 23, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »

But just think...you could blow clouds that smell like donuts.

I already do that, out the other end.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7478 on: January 25, 2017, 12:57:16 PM »
A three inch hole saw
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7479 on: February 01, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
I really wanted this. It saw it in store today and it looked really good IRL. Then I went to order it online and saw the price. I thought, sod that. I mean, maybe I'd pay £15 for it at a push, since it's made of wood...but it isn't worth £26.  :-\

http://www.johnlewis.com/scion-mr-fox-tray-medium/p3086299

Still, went to Tesco today and bought some baby food, yes, baby food. They do low calorie little portions of sweets and snacks, like the Japanese do, but in baby food form. Bought lower calorie crisps too. I thought a lifestyle change was in order, eat lots of little treats everyday so I feel I still have variety, rather than one or two big treats.

Plus, some baby food tastes great, and doesn't have crap in it. Not all of it, but...yeh, the ones I've chosen.

Got a free mocha and fruity flapjack at John Lewis today, which was the main reason I went in admittedly, plus finding products to spend my free vouchers on. I wonder why when picking out the cakes and biscuits, that staff insist you use the tongs provided. I mean, everyone touches the tongs, so you still touch everybodys' germs...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:04:34 AM by justcurious »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7480 on: February 01, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »
^^^  That's a cute tray  looks like something my wife would buy but if it wasn't so expensive

I bought a heavy duty quick release extension for a drill and a Mexican Coca Cola at Home Depot

George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7481 on: February 02, 2017, 04:10:49 AM »
I like those trays. They are so versatile.

Today I bought cat food at City Farmers (which is a really big pet store) and then on to Woolworths where amongst other things I bought a portable vacuum cleaner. Have wanted one for ages.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7482 on: February 02, 2017, 06:21:49 AM »
Portable vacuum cleaners are handy.

Parts: Why a Mexican Coca Cola?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7483 on: February 23, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
Portable vacuum cleaners are handy.

Parts: Why a Mexican Coca Cola?

It has cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup and tastes more like it used to when I was a kid, another plus it's in a glass bottle instead of plastic

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7484 on: February 23, 2017, 04:22:42 PM »
My electrically heated molten metal bath arrived today for my violet P experiments :D quicker than I thought it would be too.