Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156981 times)

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #6675 on: September 26, 2015, 02:54:25 AM »
I'm doing what I always do when confronted by bigots such as yourself, addressing the more obvious problems with your bs.
Retaliation against an agenda is not bigotry.

I don't buy conclusions where one always accepts the worst possible interpretation
You're making an unfair assumption on my critical thinking abilities.

one of the biggest problems with bigots is that they never listen
Now who is being bigoted?

I know a fair bit about islam, having shot down your kind before, and so spotting the usual problems with an Islamophobic's rants is trivial. The tell-tale qualifiers about the recommended *translations*, etc, are frequently present, as are the quotes from the Quran as provided by Islamophobic websites.
The quote I provided was from my personal copy (and teh reason for telling the translation is avoid the bs argument that it isn't accurate, etc). Also, it was an easy flick through, I didn't source it online - the coran is filled with nasty shit and you think your some sort of authority on the subject. I can back up my claim but not going to on the basis that you're "shooting me down" will really just be an attack on my moral character and my intellectual integrity which you seem to be lacking.
eg...
Judging all followers of a religion, pretty much regardless of which one, based on interpretations of a passage in a book, is ridiculous and bigoted, but unfortunately not irrelevant because it is then used to attack these people, not because of what they've done but because of what nutcases half a globe away have, and do.
At what point did I refer to "all" muslims? Maybe I made mention of all 'true muslims', and that's fair enough within certain contexts. No one was saying anything along the lines of 'every German is a nazi', and no, your conclusion doesn't logically follow that the religion doesn't produce the same warmongers half a world away from where it is now, or that the silent majority are somehow negating the issues caused by the rather large proportion of true adherents.

Again, choose your Imam more carefully, but also, do try to understand their role before opening your mouth again.
islam is a fascist ideology with political agenda -so maybe search some videos of imams in "rational" parts of the islamik world, hear what they're saying before accusing me of talking shit again, your excellency.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6676 on: September 26, 2015, 07:53:25 AM »
islam is a fascist ideology with political agenda
Not a personal supporter of islam, but this statement strikes as backwards. It's an understandable twist of view, as there are many places in the world where the more predominant religion of the area can be viewed as politically motivated due to political leaders being subsequently members of a given faith, but religions in themselves don't really have political agendas. A good example in the US is the Christian faith could be viewed as having a right wing political agenda, but the reality is the republican party holds a political ideology with a religious agenda. There are a number of countries in the world with official state religion and those rulers have both secular and religious authority which might serve as a better example than the US, but wont speak as really knowing about that. The Islamic state isn't a religion; it's a political ideology with a religious agenda.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6677 on: September 26, 2015, 09:31:10 AM »
I'm disappointment in your lack of bible quotes, Jack.  >:(
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6678 on: September 26, 2015, 09:44:34 AM »

I bought two machetes. I really only need one, but I did not know from an online pic which one would be better.

Interestingly either one would work and they are both awesome.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6679 on: September 26, 2015, 09:54:09 AM »
Spent around $100 at tag sales today a lot more than usual,  the haul included a 3/4 inch socket set, a cast iron book press, a bunch of tools including some Starrett brand stuff and a box of the metal logos off cars
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6680 on: September 26, 2015, 10:42:30 AM »
Here are the machetes. Notice one is 30 inches long and the short one is twenty four inches long, but that one has a saw blade edge AND it came with a scabbard, so if I wanted to, I could wear that one on my hip. Probably even more intimidating than the .45 Colt I usually carry (lots of punks carry guns, but having the balls to walk around with a fucking machete on one hip might and the perennial, constant Colt on the other might be cool). I can see both at once as "the way to go."
:lol:

... but honestly, I have vines to contain this season and basically always have, but I retired my old WWII era Philippine surplus machete, with honors. It has served me well for more than thirty years.  I plan to put it in a shadow box with a few patches from the era and display it as a part of my WWII memorabilia.
A new era begins.

Edit:

Did you notice that the shorter one, which included the scabbard, sports a kind of hilt that most machetes do not. This thing could be used almost as an ancient Greek or Roman warrior might have; a basic (horrible, if you need to go there) fighting weapon. Kind of cool!

Oh, the short one is Chinese manufactured and the long one is a South African import, engraved "Latin Style." Probably made for cutting cane.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:59:33 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6681 on: September 26, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »
 :viking:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6682 on: September 26, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
groceries
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6683 on: September 26, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »
The car emblems I got today

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6684 on: September 27, 2015, 03:11:51 AM »
^Those are awesome, Parts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6685 on: September 27, 2015, 07:26:51 AM »
Awesome.

I spy a VW, VW 412, Karmann ghia badge, and that grill next to the Peugeot emblem is probably early air-cooled VW too.

Love the Mercedes and Peugeot selection as well, someone had nice taste in cars. 8)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6686 on: September 27, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »
That VW412 jumped out for me. One of the cars we had at home.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6687 on: September 27, 2015, 09:29:00 AM »
Parts, I don't suppose you have any old Chrysler badges?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6688 on: September 27, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »
Parts, I don't suppose you have any old Chrysler badges?

No Chrysler at the moment,  while I do buy this sort of thing whenever I see it at a reasonable price I don't come across it that often  all this came from an estate sale I went to yesterday the place was beautiful piles of stuff everywhere.  I paid just $25 for the lot which was a great deal.  I went back today and got some other stuff including two Mercedes grills one with the ornament on it one without for $15 and $10 respectively along with some tools, a 60s vhf radio and a bell jar.  The guy was a real tinkerer and had a wide variety of things and parts of things, a man after my own heart   

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6689 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:36 PM »
Bought a Samsung tablet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein