Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156884 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #6660 on: September 23, 2015, 02:52:40 PM »
An Oregon Ducks sticker for the rear window of my truck.   8)   GO DUCKS!!!

Oh, also had to do a clutch job on it. :icequeen:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6661 on: September 23, 2015, 06:55:18 PM »

I was not familiar with the "City Of Blades" so I googled.

Solingen is the home of Henkels knives. as well.

I know, I have had Henkel kitchen knives, think my ex took them with him. My mother still has them.
Over half of the sharp knifes from my youth were Henkel or Herder I think. :D
If you want I can show a pic of some more dastardly, warlike knives to come from the "City Of Blades." Never knew the name, other than "Henkel" but always liked the steel.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6662 on: September 24, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »
Some plywood and a gallon of denatured alcohol
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6663 on: September 24, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
Bought a rigid heddle loom. 60 cm wide.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6664 on: September 24, 2015, 05:42:31 PM »
A sleeping bag that was on sale
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6665 on: September 24, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »
A cheap pillow at Walmart.

A really, uber soft, fluffy, cuddly, pillow.

Think I need about 20 more of these suckers so that I can stack them all in a pile and lay on them. :zoinks:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6666 on: September 24, 2015, 06:14:23 PM »
Frozen strawberry lemonade
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6667 on: September 24, 2015, 06:20:30 PM »

Think I need about 20 more of these suckers so that I can stack them all in a pile and lay on them. :zoinks:
I was there today and eyeing all of their body pillows, thinking the exactly same thing :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6668 on: September 24, 2015, 11:30:37 PM »

I was there today and eyeing all of their body pillows, thinking the exactly same thing :laugh:

Ah, I bought a body pillow on offer. Hid it when I got home. Will be a BD present for the oldest. Not that she has no pillows.
 :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6669 on: September 24, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »
Nothing. I have barely been outside the house lately. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6670 on: September 25, 2015, 09:06:04 AM »
A big old milling machine vise, regulated DC power supply and a digital to analog  converter for a tv
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6671 on: September 25, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »
Odeon, I've finished reading 4 chapters of the koran, and so far there's a huge disparage of how Muslims (and Allah) should treat non-Muslims. Also, there's already been mention of Muslims not taking non-muslims as friends. Anything wrong with this picture, Odeon? I suppose it's another book you haven't read yet but have an opinion of?

I have read it. As for my opinions, I believe I've posted quite a few of them here in the past, both about the book itself and the faith.

If I recall correctly, I think the kuran says that the ones who fight you because of your faith are the ones you must avoid. Pretty sure it also says that those who befriend them are bad, too. And quite early on, there is something to the effect of there being no compulsion in religion, a passage that is frequently pointed out by Islamic scholars when people like you read the Quran--or rather, an interpretation, since there is considerable agreement among the scholars that it is a book that cannot be translated and still remain the Quran--and parrot what people like Wilders claim.

Also remember that for a more "valid" interpretation, you'd need an Imam to tell you what it all actually means. In this day and age, you can easily find one online for the simpler questions. I'm sure some will encourage you to read the 110 chapters you have left.
You must have read a weak translation. As I said earlier, my translation is recommended by scholars for being the most accurate English translation.
You wouldn't need an imam either, they are mostly in use for the benefit of muslims because a) most are unable to read teh coran, and b) imams spread messages from other branches of the umma and caliph.
I would like the passage address of "there is no compulsion in religion" so I can read in its context - please...
No compulsion in religion can mean that "allah" needs to be worshipped rather than "designing" it so that it's impossible not to, yes?
If not, and you really mean that religion is a choice, I offer this passage from the coran 2:135-136
"And remember that abraham prayed, "Lord, make this city a city of peace and security, and provide with every kind of fruit those of its people, who believe in allah and the Last Day," allah answered, "As for the disbelievers, I will also provide them with the necessities of life in this world, though in the Next World I will drag them to the torture of hell, and that is the worst abode."

I don't know what you're trying to play at when you claim that nonmuslims aren't hated by allah or commanded to be hated by muslims... I figure you've either read a poor translation, haven't read it, or are otherwise just wanting to propagate a positive image of islam.

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6672 on: September 26, 2015, 12:06:50 AM »

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/02/19/response-geert-wilders-unravelling-islamic-myths

I think you should read other sources before parroting Wilders's lies.

This article makes good points against better ones. The arguments are quite distanced.
The ignorance pisses me off.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:09:43 AM by Dhalsim »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6673 on: September 26, 2015, 02:00:23 AM »
I'm doing what I always do when confronted by bigots such as yourself, addressing the more obvious problems with your bs.

I'm not a Muslim. I don't believe in any of it, just as I don't believe in Christianity or Buddhism or any other religion, but I don't buy your kind of bigoted conclusions where one always accepts the worst possible interpretation just because there is one, either. As Al pointed out elsewhere, pretty much any religion can be used for this sort of thing. What you are posting is the usual inflammatory bs that bigots produce, and I can only shrug, point out the errors in your ways (in vain, I know, because one of the biggest problems with bigots is that they never listen), and move on.

I know a fair bit about Islam, having shot down your kind before, and so spotting the usual problems with an Islamophobic's rants is trivial. The tell-tale qualifiers about the recommended *translations*, etc, are frequently present, as are the quotes from the Quran as provided by Islamophobic websites.

Judging all followers of a religion, pretty much regardless of which one, based on interpretations of a passage in a book, is ridiculous and bigoted, but unfortunately not irrelevant because it is then used to attack these people, not because of what they've done but because of what nutcases half a globe away have, and do.

Again, choose your Imam more carefully, but also, do try to understand their role before opening your mouth again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6674 on: September 26, 2015, 02:01:20 AM »
I love the new word filters, btw. It wasn't my doing but it takes the discussion to a level where it belongs. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein