Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155865 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #6600 on: September 13, 2015, 03:25:20 AM »
Works for me also. I have been colouring since 2005 when my roommate in hospital got me started on it. Strange that it should take off in popularity now.

Subsequent hospital stays have had me starting other patients colouring as well.

You can get mandalas by searching images of them on the net and then printing them out. I have gotten heaps that way.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6601 on: September 13, 2015, 03:45:25 AM »
^ Me too. I haven't stopped  colouring since I was a child. It was something I always continued to do. It's bizarre that all of a sudden now, it's this hugely popular thing. :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6602 on: September 13, 2015, 07:00:09 AM »
Got my colouring book years ago. And now indeed, they are everywhere. The rage will pass. I will like colouring one way or another way after it has gone out of fashion.
Right now, I love what happens with colours when I knit.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6603 on: September 13, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »
I bought a yummy lunch.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6604 on: September 14, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »
Bought yet another book. :-[
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6605 on: September 14, 2015, 02:17:27 PM »
Odeon, I've finished reading 4 chapters of the koran, and so far there's a huge disparage of how Muslims (and allah) should treat non-Muslims. Also, there's already been mention of Muslims not taking non-muslims as friends. Anything wrong with this picture, Odeon? I suppose it's another book you haven't read yet but have an opinion of?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:35:01 PM by Dhalsim »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6606 on: September 14, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »
Odeon, I've finished reading 4 chapters of the koran, and so far there's a huge disparage of how Muslims (and Allah) should treat non-Muslims. Also, there's already been mention of Muslims not taking non-muslims as friends. Anything wrong with this picture, Odeon? I suppose it's another book you haven't read yet but have an opinion of?

I have read it. As for my opinions, I believe I've posted quite a few of them here in the past, both about the book itself and the faith.

If I recall correctly, I think the Quran says that the ones who fight you because of your faith are the ones you must avoid. Pretty sure it also says that those who befriend them are bad, too. And quite early on, there is something to the effect of there being no compulsion in religion, a passage that is frequently pointed out by Islamic scholars when people like you read the Quran--or rather, an interpretation, since there is considerable agreement among the scholars that it is a book that cannot be translated and still remain the Quran--and parrot what people like Wilders claim.

Also remember that for a more "valid" interpretation, you'd need an Imam to tell you what it all actually means. In this day and age, you can easily find one online for the simpler questions. I'm sure some will encourage you to read the 110 chapters you have left.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6607 on: September 14, 2015, 08:47:02 PM »
Odeon, I've finished reading 4 chapters of the koran, and so far there's a huge disparage of how Muslims (and Allah) should treat non-Muslims. Also, there's already been mention of Muslims not taking non-muslims as friends. Anything wrong with this picture, Odeon? I suppose it's another book you haven't read yet but have an opinion of?
This post is dripping between the lines and it's bewildering.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6608 on: September 15, 2015, 02:35:17 AM »
This post is dripping between the lines and it's bewildering.

* resists urge to plus Jack for the beauty of this sentence. I see it drip now. *

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6609 on: September 15, 2015, 04:04:09 AM »
Flooring.

29 cases of flooring.

Goodbye carpet...it was fun. Not. *sneezes*

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6610 on: September 15, 2015, 04:44:08 AM »
Flooring.

29 cases of flooring.

Goodbye carpet...it was fun. Not. *sneezes*

Carpet at least keeps the dust in one place. With flooring, it will roam through the room, forming dust bunny flocks and lint mountains. 

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6611 on: September 15, 2015, 04:45:52 AM »
Congrats on the flooring. I would not want to go back to carpet in the livingroom. Yes, the dust now flocks together. At least I can see it immediately now. And there are no scents trapped in the carpet any more. That I do like the best about flooring, the lack of that faint scent that carpet gets.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #6612 on: September 15, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »

Disparage?

I once heard a Christian guy say something about not treating Muslims well.  I think.  Maybe I misundertood.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6613 on: September 15, 2015, 11:48:14 AM »
Congrats on the flooring. I would not want to go back to carpet in the livingroom. Yes, the dust now flocks together. At least I can see it immediately now. And there are no scents trapped in the carpet any more. That I do like the best about flooring, the lack of that faint scent that carpet gets.

Thanks.  :LOL:

I have 3 rooms of berber...20+ yr old berber.  The cat hair and junk doesn't even want to vacuum out of the crap, it just kind of settles in and gets stuck between the loops.  :o

Not to mention that is where everything gets spilled on...never the linoleum. It's like an unwritten law. :dunno:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6614 on: September 15, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »

Thanks.  :LOL:

I have 3 rooms of berber...20+ yr old berber.  The cat hair and junk doesn't even want to vacuum out of the crap, it just kind of settles in and gets stuck between the loops.  :o

Not to mention that is where everything gets spilled on...never the linoleum. It's like an unwritten law. :dunno:

Ooh, the memories. When I got married, we moved into a flat with cheap carpet on the floor. The previous renter had had two cats. He had only lived there for a short time, but still. To vacuum did not help at all. We took some combs, and literally combed the whole floor. It had a different colour after our treatment, and our bin was filled with a furry mass.