Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155928 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #6525 on: August 13, 2015, 06:41:13 AM »
^ I have no idea what that would look like.

I bought dry cat food, people food and lots of medication.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6526 on: August 13, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »
People food. PJ for youngest. And two books. Started reading in one of them on my way home, waiting for the bus. Was almost disappointed when the bus showed up.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6527 on: August 13, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
^ I have no idea what that would look like.

I bought dry cat food, people food and lots of medication.

One of these though this bit is a bit smaller.    :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6528 on: August 13, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »
Thank heavens I didn't have to buy this.  One of the PR's epilepsy meds is now $1,809.99 a month.  Thank you all who pay into Medicare and whose taxes go to Medicaid.  All her prescriptions are free because of you.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6529 on: August 13, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
Dinner. Went out with some American colleagues and had lots of fun.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6530 on: August 14, 2015, 01:00:07 AM »
Thank heavens I didn't have to buy this.  One of the PR's epilepsy meds is now $1,809.99 a month.  Thank you all who pay into Medicare and whose taxes go to Medicaid.  All her prescriptions are free because of you.
Wow those prices are high. I know development does cost a lot. But this seems outrageous.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6531 on: August 15, 2015, 02:49:17 AM »
Wow those prices are high. I know development does cost a lot. But this seems outrageous.
A few years ago I was on Lamictal (lamotrigine) and I had to spend over $150 per month because it wasn't on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme like my other meds were. It wasn't long before I went on sodium valproate.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6532 on: August 15, 2015, 05:35:49 AM »
A new router to upgrade our in house wi-fi.

Interestingly, I find that this router has multiple USB ports for an external hard drive to use as "Common Storage"  for all of the computers on the network, for instance,  AND any USB powered printer now becomes a "network" printer.  While that seems normal, I never had that functionality with my old router. I plan to shut it all down here in a few minutes and install this beauty.

I got to thinking ... my home system consists of five tablets, five cellphones, two laptops, three desktops, three Bluray players and one remote music player for the outdoors. Needless to say my old N600 router could not keep up with the demand.

I am also planning for some external security devices as well, so it was time to enter the Twenty First Century.

OH and here is a pic ...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:49:29 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6533 on: August 15, 2015, 06:10:39 AM »
Bought another book. This one was obligatory for offspring. Will leaf through it too though.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6534 on: August 15, 2015, 06:02:44 PM »
A few years ago I was on Lamictal (lamotrigine) and I had to spend over $150 per month because it wasn't on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme like my other meds were. It wasn't long before I went on sodium valproate.

The PR is on lamotrigine and Zonegran.  She was paying $1.10 for the lamotrigine and $3.30 for the Zonegran, but was placed on some program where she pays nothing for her scripts.  She's also on citalopram and risperidone and L-Tyrosine.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6535 on: August 15, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »
A rib dinner for the missus.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6536 on: August 16, 2015, 12:05:55 AM »

The PR is on lamotrigine and Zonegran.  She was paying $1.10 for the lamotrigine and $3.30 for the Zonegran, but was placed on some program where she pays nothing for her scripts.  She's also on citalopram and risperidone and L-Tyrosine.
I found that lamotrigine was a good med. But it wore off after a couple of years. I tried risperidone while in hospital and it gave me twitches so they took me off it. I have never heard of Zonegran, is it good?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6537 on: August 16, 2015, 02:47:10 AM »
Risperidone made a kid of mine more and more tired over time.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6538 on: August 16, 2015, 07:51:12 AM »
Books. :-[
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6539 on: August 16, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »

I found that lamotrigine was a good med. But it wore off after a couple of years. I tried risperidone while in hospital and it gave me twitches so they took me off it. I have never heard of Zonegran, is it good?

Zonegran is the brand for zonisimide (sp?).  She needs both to manage her seizures.  She does get bad twitches (neck contortions) on higher doses of risperidone.  She's on an infant dose, which she manages her moods well without side effects.