Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 159122 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #6090 on: December 09, 2014, 07:24:08 AM »
A Sony BA700 battery on eBay. It's supposed to fit my Cowon MP3 player, with some soldering.

Those sound like famous last words. :zoinks: Isn't that a lithium ion battery? :nerdy:

Yes, it is. It's the closest I can get, apparently, after reading up on the subject. The Cowon battery isn't supposed to be user-replaceable but people have done this before.

I hate things that are made like that

Yeah, me too. This one seems to be pretty straight-forward to replace, though, with the right battery replacement.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6091 on: December 09, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »
A Sony BA700 battery on eBay. It's supposed to fit my Cowon MP3 player, with some soldering.

Those sound like famous last words. :zoinks: Isn't that a lithium ion battery? :nerdy:

Yes, it is. It's the closest I can get, apparently, after reading up on the subject. The Cowon battery isn't supposed to be user-replaceable but people have done this before.

Yeah, me too. This one seems to be pretty straight-forward to replace, though, with the right battery replacement.

That's good, I have had to relocate batteries before when I could not find a direct replacement.

I just bought a part for a small 1950's metal lathe I am working on,  it's amazing the things you can find on ebay
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6092 on: December 09, 2014, 07:21:28 PM »
Organic catnip.  :autism:

Apparently it's high test premium shit from the way the kids are passed out.

Well worth the price I must say. :thumbup:

I grow the fresh all summer, but forgot to dry some...so they haven't had a fix for about a month.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6093 on: December 09, 2014, 08:50:13 PM »
Organic catnip.  :autism:

Apparently it's high test premium shit from the way the kids are passed out.

Well worth the price I must say. :thumbup:

I grow the fresh all summer, but forgot to dry some...so they haven't had a fix for about a month.

I am growing catnip in my office this year,  it's doing rather well too

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #6094 on: December 09, 2014, 11:32:33 PM »

Be careful that it doesn't heat up. :GA:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6095 on: December 11, 2014, 12:51:27 AM »

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that, actually.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6096 on: December 11, 2014, 04:07:33 AM »
Shoes.

The other day, my son could not find his shoes before he left for school. It is below freezing most every day this time of year. He can not just wear some summer slippers as he generally does when he loses his shoes. I honestly did not know that he was down to one pair.

So I had this great idea. We would go shoe shopping (DO not worry. I am a really good "finder"  and found his shoes for him before he had to catch the bus to school,   BUT!!) and solve this problem for now.

We went to three shops and finally found the boy three pairs of shoes. Hopefully, this NEXT panic attack with be set off for a bit and he will always be able to find some shoes to wear to school.  Going to three places, at Christmastime, trying to find shoes for this enormous kid's feet, is a fucking nightmare!!  So be it.

I succeeded.

My boy has new shoes.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6097 on: December 11, 2014, 09:49:51 AM »
Non-perfumed washing detergent and dishwasher soap on offer.

I've never seen the non-perfumed stuff on offer before. It's such a niche market that shops don't bother to attract clients with that.

I was well pleased, and recommended the offer to someone else right away.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6098 on: December 11, 2014, 02:57:04 PM »
Non-perfumed washing detergent and dishwasher soap on offer.

I've never seen the non-perfumed stuff on offer before. It's such a niche market that shops don't bother to attract clients with that.

I was well pleased, and recommended the offer to someone else right away.
You can get it most places here but sometimes what they call fragrant free or non-perfumed is far from it,  though I do admit my sense of smell is better than most

George Bernard Shaw

Hannah

« Reply #6099 on: December 11, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »
Christmas/Hanukkah presents for the females in the family, they love them thus far  :yarly: I love giving gifts  :headbang2: I've also cleaned out my clothing some of the older Victoria Secret clothing was in there so that will be for folks at the good will to buy I know their eyeballs will pop out if they figure out it's Victoria Secret stuff...I smiled after driving off from the drop off at good will  :asthing:

The rule of clothing thumb is as more stuff comes in stuff needs to go out, I've gotten a lot of new VS clothing and panties so some had to go...

Got my brother a CD and my dad a book they are easy to please (as am I actually I don't expect much at Hanukkah) being with those you love or around folks that care is a gift as well, I'm guessing that is because I'm older now...

I also got my nails filled and done for the holidays ;)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6100 on: December 11, 2014, 07:56:15 PM »
Shoes.

The other day, my son could not find his shoes before he left for school. It is below freezing most every day this time of year. He can not just wear some summer slippers as he generally does when he loses his shoes. I honestly did not know that he was down to one pair.

So I had this great idea. We would go shoe shopping (DO not worry. I am a really good "finder"  and found his shoes for him before he had to catch the bus to school,   BUT!!) and solve this problem for now.

We went to three shops and finally found the boy three pairs of shoes. Hopefully, this NEXT panic attack with be set off for a bit and he will always be able to find some shoes to wear to school.  Going to three places, at Christmastime, trying to find shoes for this enormous kid's feet, is a fucking nightmare!!  So be it.

I succeeded.

My boy has new shoes.
U
Men in New Orleans are generally shorter than the average US male and the shoe sizes run smaller too.  PA wears a 14 extra wide and doesn't understand why I'm always looking for shoes for him.  Silly man.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #6101 on: December 11, 2014, 10:19:19 PM »

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that, actually.

Can you spot weld it instead? :dunno: Lithium ion batteries are heat sensitive, so I'd keep contact with the terminals as short as possible. :flames:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6102 on: December 11, 2014, 11:59:07 PM »
Windscreen wipers for the Jag.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6103 on: December 12, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
Christmas Presents!!!!

(Thank fuck that's over, bah humbug!)

Hope St Nick is decapitated misjudging a bridge's clearance height
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6104 on: December 13, 2014, 03:28:45 AM »
I've bought most of mine online.

- Albert Einstein