Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156997 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #5565 on: December 24, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »
Christmas presents mostly for my wife.  Christmas stockings in our house are filled with lots of odd gag gift type things some of the stuff I got yesterday at the dollar store, liver Pâté  :zombiefuck: ,  a Carebear coloring book, and fake grapes   :2thumbsup:
Christmas troll. That's just funny.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5566 on: December 24, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »
Christmas presents mostly for my wife.  Christmas stockings in our house are filled with lots of odd gag gift type things some of the stuff I got yesterday at the dollar store, liver Pâté  :zombiefuck: ,  a Carebear coloring book, and fake grapes   :2thumbsup:

I love odd gag gifts. But, Liver Pâté?????

Next year, you may be able to give all of your family members a Furby..... The new type is second hand for sale everywhere in the Netherlands at the moment. The worst St Nic present. Kids are frightened, and parents feel terrorised, because it cannot be turned off, and it gets MAD if it doesn't get attention.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5567 on: December 24, 2013, 10:25:54 AM »
But, Liver Pâté?????
Is there any other kind of pate? Jack thinks it's good. It's actually the only way I like liver.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5568 on: December 24, 2013, 11:03:08 AM »

I love odd gag gifts. But, Liver Pâté?????

Next year, you may be able to give all of your family members a Furby..... The new type is second hand for sale everywhere in the Netherlands at the moment. The worst St Nic present. Kids are frightened, and parents feel terrorised, because it cannot be turned off, and it gets MAD if it doesn't get attention.

In a can from the dollar store :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5569 on: December 24, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
The last of the Christmas presents.  I realized the PRs presents were on the skimpy side, so I bought 2 gift cards for her.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5570 on: December 25, 2013, 12:27:40 AM »
I bought a stupid Snowman shaped Dual picture frame to give my wife for Christmas.

It seems asinine. I know, but for months I have been working to capture a decent pic of TWO teenage autistic children and another of both of them AND the father.

A few days ago, it actually happened (already had the two together, but wanted all three of us as well AND FINALLY I got it!!!) and I went in search of a "cute" dual frame to put them in.

It turned out to be a Snowman. Belly full of all three of us, Heart full of just the kids.

I think she will cry.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:31:29 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5571 on: December 25, 2013, 04:02:16 AM »
And did she? :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5572 on: December 25, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »

She's a tough woman, tried not to, but yeah; she did, quietly and mostly to herself.

I am a hero husband. She knows how difficult it was to get even one decent pic of our two kids (she is also a professional photographer, remember?), let alone one with ME in it as well.

I had to distract the kids from the pressure of "smiling at a camera."  I pretended to not know what the fuck I was doing, took a pic of my ass on self timer, caught myself  half face, looking into the camera "by accident," asking the camera wtf it wants - CLICK,  became the absolute fool, jester type, cursed the camera for being another impossible machine and as we progressed I actually got a great shot, both of them talking and laughing at their dumbass dad.
 8)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #5573 on: December 25, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
Tomorrow I'll be buying shit.
:skywarp:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5574 on: December 26, 2013, 06:57:11 AM »
Ha my nephew got one of those and it was getting loud and belligerent so his dad took the batteries out.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5575 on: December 26, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »
Two grams of ching, a synthetic 'research chemical' DARI. 500mg  of the thienyl anaog of n-methylamphetamine, where the thienyl ring replaces Ph in the structure. I think I prefer the ethylphenidate is superior to the meth analog.

As its Xmas, figured I had to have everything just go well, and fall into place as rapidly and wholly as possible. Just postwhoring a little, checking the email, reading on the cland. chem. and bio-punk fora, whilst I drink a few cold bottles of Beck's lager, and fly along with the ethyl-ritalin and oxy speedball :D

MMmmmmmm fuck that was good. Loaded up an oxy 80, and a couple hundred mg of the ethylphenidate, and just to top it off, a small but functional bump of methiopropamine, the meth analog on top, like a cherry on a cake :P
What a rush....surprised me, when I got a real, full blown bell ringer (A bellringer is the effect that is almost exclusive to cocaine use, intravenously is the only really highly prone to doing it. A feeling of stillness, almost like the ambience in the room paused for a moment, to directly stare at the using person getting the bellringer.

As though a tubular area surrounding the user, still, silent even when there is loud metal music being played at the time, one can hear, but its like the things heard are a few seconds out of phase with the rest of meatworld, which produces some odd auditory and proprioceptive effects.

Along with, the entire reason for the term 'bell ringer', that is a medium,to very slighty high pitch, ringing in the ears. A bellringer on coke or other DARIs that sometimes do it means you know you just had a good big fat fuck of a shot, that it 'hit the spot', so you can just sit down or lie down and relax, music blasting, cold beer in hand, going downstairs for a rollup in the kitchen, after I've first got off my ass and packed a bong rapid times.

Also bought: 3g each of two smoking blends, one based on a mixture of AKB-48 and 5-fluoropentyl-AKB-48 and the other based upon some adamantanoyl-substituted derivatives of APINACA, 1x350mg dose of n-ethyl-5-APB, some liquorice gums, bonbons and other candy.

Xmas dinner is ready now :)

Looking forward to the stilton cheese in particular, I LOVE stilton.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5576 on: December 27, 2013, 04:25:03 AM »
Oh and Ren, I wouldn't be using vinyl tiles, but glazed, so as to not be absorbent, ceramic ones.

The point being so nothing can get itself wormed deep into cracks and start breeding, or in the case of purely chem, to avoid the likes of shock-sensitive this, that or the other ending up soaked into the bench, etc. (to give an example of something I read about on an industrial pharmaceutical chemist's blog once, apparently concentrated perchloric acid was once used on that bench, and spilled.

When the time eventually came for the place to be refitted and updated, upon attempting to break the bench to pieces so as to be easier to manage, it detonated, the cellulose obviously having formed some nasty unstable explosive cellulosic ester derivative.)

And with ceramic, nice and easy to wipe down with antimicrobials, I don't fancy giving any and all cultured organisms a free for all protected niche to grow in :P                         
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5577 on: December 27, 2013, 04:26:15 AM »
Season #3, Breaking Bad.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5578 on: December 27, 2013, 11:49:46 AM »
Florescent light bulbs for my basement work shop the old ones where starting to flicker badly
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5579 on: December 28, 2013, 12:16:22 AM »

Just bought "most"  of the shit to put together a new (-er, bigger better) computer.

Still need PS, Vid, and an amazing audio card. Looking at several. Need to decide on a sound card.

Installed a Corsair thousand watt power supply, just in case. I plan to run several drives and a huge vid card.
Got it rendering today.  Still need to sort out the two big cards, but this thing seems three times faster at rendering huge flame files in the greatest detail, as is.

Looking into the ESI line. Leaning more toward that than the top of the line mAudio Pro line, which I was considering from previous experience in earnest before I decided that I have nothing but money to spend and "my time is limited," so to speak.

SO many great vid cards out there. Just want to flip a three or four GB file in a few seconds. Will never need most of what makes the most expensive cards expensive, such as 3D gaming, ffs.