Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155931 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #5505 on: November 16, 2013, 07:30:43 AM »
Two cell phones, a set of headphones, a bra, bottled water, too many meals out.

Do you now have two vibrating :bounce:? :laugh:

I store my phone in my bosom buddy when necessary.  And while they don't bounce they do tingle if it's on vibrate.  I'm not sure where the PR will put her phone when necessary.

I was saddened to find that this phone does not offer The Dance of The Sugar Plum Fairies as a ringtone.  It always cheered me up when the phone rang.

Can you download it?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5506 on: November 21, 2013, 02:52:51 AM »
Bought a Westinghouse upright freezer as we kept having to limit our frozen food buying because the freezer that comes with the fridge is tiny.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5507 on: November 21, 2013, 02:58:53 AM »
a personal vaporizer.
also known as an electronic cigarette.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5508 on: November 22, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »
Beer and crisps. :arrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5509 on: November 22, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
Lunch
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5510 on: November 23, 2013, 05:00:36 AM »
Beer and crisps. :arrr:

An update: I still have them. I was too tired and decided to save them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5511 on: November 23, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
Last things I bought were some CDs, several albums each by spineshank, chimaira, one by breed 77, and the album 'our lady of annihilation' by most precious blood.

And by chance that day, bumped into a guy who had a couple of 200mg MS contin morphine capsules for sale, after coming out of the local head shop where I was picking up some 5-EAPB pills and smoke mix. A very nice day indeed that was once I got home and could properly sit down and bang those.

Not that I did the entire 400mg in one go, would have been a bit much for me to say the least. Got 3-4 nice big shots from that. I am thinking of asking my doc actually, to change my pain meds to morphine, rather than oxy, I find it much more effective. And the oxy just doesn't have much in the way of rush or legs. Got to love the rush from IV morphine though...not many other opioids come close.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5512 on: November 25, 2013, 07:24:23 PM »
Two cell phones, a set of headphones, a bra, bottled water, too many meals out.

Do you now have two vibrating :bounce:? :laugh:

I store my phone in my bosom buddy when necessary.  And while they don't bounce they do tingle if it's on vibrate.  I'm not sure where the PR will put her phone when necessary.

I was saddened to find that this phone does not offer The Dance of The Sugar Plum Fairies as a ringtone.  It always cheered me up when the phone rang.

Can you download it?

Possibly, but it would be beyond my technical capabilities and I'm too cheap to buy it anyway.

Souvenirs, gas, hotel rooms, meals out, etc.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5513 on: November 25, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »

I bought a Microsoft Pro tablet and keyboard case for my wife for Christmas/birthday (the days are really close together - she chooses which it is birthday or Christmas, whatever- I am tired of trying to figure it out - I gave it to her early. I am an asshole)

There was a "promotion"  for learning   "everything there was to know"   about the tablet to get a great discount. I studied it all very hard.  I qualified very hard.  I bit down, hard, for her.

Do not know if it was good or not. She was exhausted after shopping and barely looked at it.  She is not techy minded. She has never seen anything like this in her life, though.

We had a Samsung and an HP tablet before.  She used both. I hope this will trip her trigger!

Honestly, it is the ease of use that made me choose this one for her. Understand, she is NOT computer savvy at all, but she did OK with the Samsung and the HP.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5514 on: November 26, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »
Is that the Surface tablet, DD?

I bought Breaking Bad, season 2, on DVD. Awesome. :headbang2:

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5515 on: November 26, 2013, 12:18:05 AM »
Is that the Surface tablet, DD?

Yes, a Surface Pro, running win8 with complimentary keyboard case.

Hope she loves it when she wakes up. 

She has used my Galaxy and my HP tablets for a couple of years (have to understand, she is NOT tech savvy, at all!!) and found shit that I did not know they could do.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5516 on: November 26, 2013, 12:20:21 AM »
We moved from a Galaxy tab to an iPad. I have to say the iPad is great at what it does.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5517 on: November 26, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »

I only recently got interested in Breaking Bad (bromine  ...   barium ... wtf is that about!!)  and devoured it like a plate of nachos. 

I like it!

It is interesting to see the drama played out well regarding how one or two or three questionable choices can lead you down a path from which there is no retreat.

Great show!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5518 on: November 26, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »
We moved from a Galaxy tab to an iPad. I have to say the iPad is great at what it does.

My only problem with it is that it is a little too sensitive on the "touch"  part. I use one almost constantly at work and my system inflects the screen from several millimeters away. It is annoying to me.

The Galaxy sensitivity can be turned down, so to speak, as can the Surface..

I am told that the iPad can too, but I have not figured it out yet (honestly, at work, I just do not have time to fiddle with settings) and no one I have ever met has had the same problem.

OH and I have tried ten or twelve "pens" as well. The damn thing still thinks it knows what I am trying to do.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:32:32 AM by DirtDawg »

TheoK

« Reply #5519 on: November 26, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »
 :thumbup: