Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155412 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #7830 on: June 15, 2017, 11:03:17 PM »
Medication. Well, I was meant to buy two. I bought one and forgot the other. :facepalm:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7831 on: June 16, 2017, 06:26:14 PM »
I can't buy anything until I have enough money. Payday isn't until Thursday  :bigcry:

What do you want to buy?  :orly:

Mostly DVDs and some books :-/

Maybe a ticket or two to some games at Wrigley...

Do you go to the games by yourself?  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7832 on: June 16, 2017, 10:41:54 PM »
Cat food and some filters for Liam's drinking fountain.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7833 on: June 17, 2017, 03:19:42 AM »
An electronic speed control for my RC car.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7834 on: June 18, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »
A Stanley 60 1/2 low angle block plane for $3 at a flea market this morning
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7835 on: June 19, 2017, 01:52:35 AM »
^Wow, cheap.

I bought a Subway pizza sub.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7836 on: June 19, 2017, 01:18:46 PM »
Several big trays of tiramisu, family-size ones. Which I promptly went and ate two or three at a time, along with some liter cartons of rhubarb and custard milkshake, a couple of bags of mozzarella shredded cheese and a tray of little cigars, two bottles of benylin dry cough dextromethorphan cough mixture and a box of...err forget the name now, but weak OTC dihydrocodeine/paracetamol tablets, a 32 pack, which was subjected to extraction and the paracetamol separated and thrown down the drains so as to enable the lot to be used at once (the OTC strength kinda needs that since the quantity of actual pain med in there is low).  Bought 5 liters of dry isopropanol, a gallon of antifreeze, un-diluted, just dyed ethylene glycol with bitrex in it to discourage children from drinking it and being poisoned, although that has no impact on its uses I have for it, either as a highish temperature capacity liquid heating bath fluid, for certain coolant mixtures for cooling down receiver flasks during distillations or for circulating in condensers, for certain reactions involving solutions of gases in solvents or for producing 1,4-dioxane, a cyclic ether type solvent  by dripping the ethylene glycol into very hot, highly concentrated sulfuric acid and distilling off the dioxane as it forms when the sulfuric causes an intramolecular dehydration-intermolecular cyclization to occur forming the desired product.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7837 on: June 19, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »
Just bought a 4-pack of cold Peroni bottled lager, a 20x crate of coors light that was going cheap, 4-5 1l cartons of rhubarb and custard milkshake (bought 4 or so yesterday and they were all gone by this morning, they really are that damn good), a bottle of acetone, 4 or 6 of the family-size tiramisu plus several individual caramel panna cotta pots, which are delicious, and a handful of bags of spicy peppered beef jerky, and 10 'cafe creme' cigars.

Might be 'individual' size, but the panna cotta pots are actually in quite decent portions, rather than the ones in some supermarkets that are the same size as those little tiny yoghurt pots aimed at small children, with just about one mouthful inside each one.  Although that isn't going to get in the way of my eating all four of them in the next minute and a half or so. Two scarfed down, two to go. Then a couple of nice cold quality beers (the peroni, bought those, even though for 4 its over half the price of a 20 pack of coors light. But they are really good beer, one of my favourites. So figured I'd treat myself to a few bottles of the good stuff too), take some of my evening pain meds (which should as a bonus be rather relaxing with the added beer on the top) and light up a cigar. Got some of the rhubarb and custard milkshake too, bought a fair few cartons since they didn't have any watermelon juice in stock. Oh well. Will look locally tomorrow probably.

Should have gotten myself a lime, to stuff a few slices into the necks of the beer bottles and give it a nice tang going down. Will try to remember tomorrow since that 20 pack will last me a fair while. Well, maybe not, actually, if this weather keeps up, even this evening, walking out of the cool, air-conditioned shop felt like walking past a blast furnace that had been cooling down for a while first when walking out of the door into the open air.

A few beers, pain meds, a good munch and a smoke is just what I feel like right now, sitting back and playing fallout II on the computer, with some nice spicy chewy smoked beef jerky to enjoy whilst I kick back and relax.

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7838 on: June 19, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »
A new laptop and Skyrim.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7839 on: June 19, 2017, 10:47:31 PM »
Think I'll get the replacement 3-necked round bottom flask I need, a few smaller  RBFs, a few erlenmeyers, preferably with vacuum takoff adapters and if I see one at a good price, a multi-ported vacuum manifold so I can run several isolated vac lines at once from the one pump. I do have other 3-neck 1L RBFs, but they are, at the moment, busily keeping a chlorine generator providing a slight positive pressure of Cl2 over some iodine monochloride, and I need to get round to removing the remainder of my distilled ICl from the receiver flask and transferring it into the attack-resistant bottle containing the rest of it (most plastics wouldn't be suitable, I've only a few bottles with caps and seals underneath them which will tolerate its presence, since it is an extremely aggressive, virulent and somewhat volatile substance that with many plastics and greases just chews them up and spits them out in a screaming heap of little pieces. Storing the portion I've bottled up in a bottle with a teflon cap and a resistant seal underneath it that blocks the neck off when screwed closed, in the fridge to prevent it from escaping.

(no, not in the fridge the food goes in:P The one dedicated to storage of volatile solvents and such nasty things as ICl, chromyl chloride, bromine, arsenic, that kind of thing. The sort of stuff you want to keep refrigerated and as undisturbed as possible when not required, but which you most certainly would not want to pour over your breakfast cereal in the morning. Or anytime else for that matter.)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7840 on: June 19, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »
A pink noise generator.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7841 on: June 20, 2017, 12:17:24 AM »
A pink noise generator.

What are you going to do with all that noise?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7842 on: June 20, 2017, 06:03:39 AM »
I bought groceries. Was going to buy a broom-and-dustpan combo to replace the one that broke but didn't see any in the shop I was in. Will look in Big W or Kmart next time.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7843 on: June 20, 2017, 09:17:17 AM »
A pink noise generator.

Create more. :zoinks:

I'll be doing a proper room EQ for the garage cinema. One of the processors I own have a pink noise generator built in, but the rest has been guesswork until now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7844 on: June 20, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
A pink noise generator.

Create more. :zoinks:

I'll be doing a proper room EQ for the garage cinema. One of the processors I own have a pink noise generator built in, but the rest has been guesswork until now.
I see. Was thinking you might be one who needs noise. Static sounds make me anxious, but don't even realize it's happening until it gets so bad, have to stop and wonder why I feel like am dying. :laugh: