Author Topic: Ask Peter anything  (Read 34587 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Ask Peter anything
« Reply #960 on: October 25, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »
How is Scotland like to live in?

The weather's poor, the streets are filthy and there's a significant subculture of human vermin, but on the whole it seems a reasonable place to live.  I've not traveled much outside of Scotland, so I don't have much to compare it to.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Blasted

« Reply #961 on: October 25, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »
Are you planning on running away?

Yes  :zoinks: 

The weather's poor, the streets are filthy and there's a significant subculture of human vermin, but on the whole it seems a reasonable place to live.  I've not traveled much outside of Scotland, so I don't have much to compare it to.

Which would you say is nicer looking, Edinburgh or Glasgow?  I might be going to a Scottish uni hence why I'm asking  :P

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #962 on: October 25, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »
Edinburgh is more picturesque; it's got a beach, a castle, lots of other historic buildings and slightly better weather.  Glasgow is dirtier, smellier and less aesthetically pleasing, but it's a living, breathing city with a lot going on in it, whereas Edinburgh is a bit of a tourist trap from what I've seen of it, and it's reputed to be more expensive to live in than Glasgow.

What do you plan on studying?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Blasted

« Reply #963 on: January 09, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
Are you an ailurophile?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #964 on: January 10, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »
No, but I don't mind them, and they tend to like me.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #965 on: August 11, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »
Was this at all related to the study you participated in?
I'm guessing not- I'm prolly considerably blonding up times and outright fucking up geography- but I know you did participate in something kinda like it, so I thought of you when i read this.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:49:39 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #966 on: August 13, 2010, 03:39:52 AM »
I don't think it's directly related.  The study that I took part in was at a different university (in a different country), and it was investigating differences in motion processing in the visual system, using fMRI to look for differences between AS individuals and a control group in which regions of the brain were active during various tasks.  I don't know if the study has been published yet, but the preliminary results showed that both groups performed roughly on par, but that the active regions were shifted upwards and forwards in the brains of the AS group relative to the control group.

This new diagnostic test seems to rely on anatomical MRI to examine morphological features of the brain, rather than looking at functional qualities with fMRI.  Anatomical MRI uses a single slow scan to give a high resolution image that can be used for measuring fine details like cortical thickness, while fMRI uses many quick scans to give a low resolution video of changes in blood flow over time.  An anatomical scan of my brain was taken during the study, but I don't think it was particularly relevant to the study itself; an anatomical scan only takes an extra couple of minutes to perform once a person is in the scanner, there were ethics considerations that required a radiologist to examine the scans for pathologies, and copies of the anatomical scans were given to participants as an incentive for taking part.

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #967 on: March 10, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
Remember that story you told about getting a free massage and they masturbated you?  I was telling my ex about that just the other day.  I never forgot that story.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #968 on: December 10, 2016, 12:24:14 AM »
You ever coming back?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #969 on: December 16, 2016, 06:53:47 AM »
Or not until he has another online girlfriend half his age he wants to flirt with all over the board?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.