Author Topic: Ask Nomaken anything  (Read 19276 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Nomaken anything
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2006, 09:50:44 PM »
Waited until night and was very good at predicting where people move around when in that house.  I've masturbated in relatively unprivate places, and gotten away with it on the premise that during the middle of the day, when you are doing nothing you aren't supposed to, you get left alone the most reliably.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 09:52:42 PM by Nomaken »
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »
so your not a groaner, or an oooher or ahhher?
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2006, 09:53:32 PM »
Oh I am.  I moan and groan with reckless abandon.  Luckily everyone still alive in my family is deaf.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2006, 11:03:52 PM »
how was your day today? what did you do?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »
Good, first i showered, then I went to this counseling office and got a diagnosis of ADD.  (I don't think I have ADD, but I want to try the drugs and see if it makes reading easier.  I reviewed the DSM IV, and helped myself spin some of the symptoms to the therapist in order to ensure the diagnosis.)  Then I went and sat in front of someones house for 2 hours hoping for them to get home, so I can get my wallet back.  And while I sat there I continually didn't understand and was confused about the mirror and why it reverses left to right but not up and down, and tried to make myself understand spatially the images I was seeing.  And I kept singing "kiss from a rose" by seal, with all the windows open.  Then after waiting for 2 hours went and picked up a few donuts, came home, and made my father watch the Evolution of Dance on google video and explain to him that I need to make a new appointment to the doctor to actually get the drugs prescribed to me.  Now I plan to lurk and troll on the site(i've always felt that the word troll means to camp around at one place like a troll under a bridge), play some Infantry, Attempt and fail to read some of my textbooks and complete some homework/review.  Eat up images from 4chan /b/, laugh, get horrified, be amused, repeat.  Pet my kitty, turn the air conditioner on and off many.... many times, and maybe drink a beer.

Triste

« Reply #320 on: August 30, 2006, 04:37:42 PM »
Oh I am.  I moan and groan with reckless abandon.  Luckily everyone still alive in my family is deaf.
Quoted just so I could reread it.  Hats off to you!

Triste

« Reply #321 on: August 30, 2006, 04:55:25 PM »
What, specifically, are your problems with reading?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #322 on: August 30, 2006, 05:20:16 PM »
I read about a paragraph and start thinking about all the things I find more interesting and important about what I just read than wanting to continue reading, and at the time I feel like it is much more important to my personal growth and progress in this life to think about those things than to continue reading.

A good way to describe it, I think, is that I am just the opposite of most of the teenagers teachers get in classes, in that I am naturally an incredibly active reader.  In classes they always go over "being an active, rather than passive reader", and I think I would do well with the advice "Be a more passive reader."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 05:22:29 PM by Nomaken »

Triste

« Reply #323 on: August 30, 2006, 05:30:37 PM »
My assessment:
You are obviously headed towards grad school, where your thinking abilities will be more valued.  But of course, you must finish undergrad. 
Suggestion:
Skim the reading.  Pick out concepts.  Just do the reading when it's required for an assignment, ie look for answers in your texts.  Avoid reading whole chapters at a time.  Know that it's not just you.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #324 on: August 30, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »
I read about a paragraph and start thinking about all the things I find more interesting and important about what I just read than wanting to continue reading, and at the time I feel like it is much more important to my personal growth and progress in this life to think about those things than to continue reading.

That happens to me when I study.

My assessment:
You are obviously headed towards grad school, where your thinking abilities will be more valued.  But of course, you must finish undergrad. 
Suggestion:
Skim the reading.  Pick out concepts.  Just do the reading when it's required for an assignment, ie look for answers in your texts.  Avoid reading whole chapters at a time.  Know that it's not just you.

I think I may take that advide. ;D

Nomaken, what classes are you taking?

Triste

« Reply #325 on: August 30, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »
Yep, I know whereof I speak.  Only 'C' I got in undergrad was a leadership class, ironically enough, because that is the master's program I'm in.  Oh the irony of life...

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #326 on: August 30, 2006, 05:43:46 PM »
I got a C+ in Speech class and a C+ in American Government and Politics  :laugh:

I took both of those my freshman year.

Triste

« Reply #327 on: August 30, 2006, 05:46:49 PM »
Crap classes, IMO.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #328 on: August 30, 2006, 05:52:59 PM »
Indeed.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #329 on: August 31, 2006, 07:36:54 AM »
I'm taking ethics, statistics, and music appreciation this semester.  Trying to fulfill my requireds.  The classes seem like they'll be good, but i'm afraid of the ethics course because the woman has a heavy indian accent and I can only understand about a third of what she says when i pay attention as hard as i can.  Also she seems like a heavily opinionated person.  So the third I can understand offends the hell out of me.