Educational

Author Topic: Homosexuality and the Bible  (Read 8446 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Homosexuality and the Bible
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2007, 10:38:23 AM »
why do you keep emphasising children, kevv?  they were talking about women, and girls didn't count as children.
To show all children where educated boys and girls. You even had to educate girls and women to know what is right and wrong. Without educating them then they would never had known what is righ or wrong in the end.

The problem being that the books you are quoting are works of fiction. The book of Mormon esepcially was. It was writen by Joseph Smith. The first edition lists him as the author.

The_P

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2007, 10:42:32 AM »
why do you keep emphasising children, kevv?  they were talking about women, and girls didn't count as children.
To show all children where educated boys and girls. You even had to educate girls and women to know what is right and wrong. Without educating them then they would never had known what is righ or wrong in the end.

The problem being that the books you are quoting are works of fiction. The book of Mormon esepcially was. It was writen by Joseph Smith. The first edition lists him as the author.

Leave the fairy tale stories to the kids, that's what I always say.

Hands up if anyone wants all monotheistic religions to be disbanded and place all the "divine" clergy into proper jobs. Meeee!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2007, 10:43:32 AM »
(Emphasis on the "i" because Vivi practically loathes it when I refer to her as "Viv". Oh shit, I messed up. Oh almighty parenthesises, don't fail me now -- protect me from the onslaughts from our very own comedienne witch!)

you mean there are serious ones?!  :yikes:

they might've taught girls right from wrong, bu they certainly didn't teach them how to read.  girls didn't get to go to the temple for education.  check out your history.

The_P

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »
Give us a funny religious anecdote to lighten up the mood, Vivi. C'mon, you know you want to.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:48 AM »
Give us a funny religious anecdote to lighten up the mood, Vivi. C'mon, you know you want to.

i can't.  i was never taught to read and write.  i am, in fact, channelling.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2007, 10:50:27 AM »

Don't You use books that where written for witchs?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »

nope.  there is no "bible" for witches.  a lot of twaddle, mind you, so perhaps that equates.  there's no dogma attached to Wicca, officially, just lots of little egomaniacs, running round, shouting about their own theories on What Should Be Done, and making themselves look like prats.

The_P

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2007, 10:58:31 AM »

nope.  there is no "bible" for witches.  a lot of twaddle, mind you, so perhaps that equates.

I pity the poor witch that tells me what's the right approach to witchcraft. If I want to impart curses on random people who piss me off, and to worship deranged prairie dogs, then I fucking will! (Not before I use the right incantation to make his/her head to explode.)

Eh he he he he!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:04:55 AM by Basement-dwelling Peegai »

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »

I was quoting these for some do believe in them.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »

nope.  there is no "bible" for witches.  a lot of twaddle, mind you, so perhaps that equates.  there's no dogma attached to Wicca, officially, just lots of little egomaniacs, running round, shouting about their own theories on What Should Be Done, and making themselves look like prats.
Okay.
Guardian of the Empire

Soph

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2007, 11:13:08 AM »
Only assholes.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »
Only assholes.

not all christians are arseholes, any more that all pagans/muslims/hindus/jews are.  not all of any identifiable group is either an arsehole or a jolly nice chap.  that's over-simplified thinking.  get out there and make up your own mind.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »
Only assholes.
So are You calling Me a asshole then. ::)
Guardian of the Empire

Soph

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »
Only assholes.

not all christians are arseholes, any more that all pagans/muslims/hindus/jews are.  not all of any identifiable group is either an arsehole or a jolly nice chap.  that's over-simplified thinking.  get out there and make up your own mind.
Only assholes believe the bullshit written in the Bible.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2007, 11:37:32 AM »
Only assholes.

Only assholes believe the bullshit written in the Bible.
So since I believe in the Bible I am a asshole huh. ::)
Guardian of the Empire