Author Topic: Ask Alex179 anything.  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Ask Alex179 anything.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »
Internet friendships -- what do you think of them?

I have had pretty good ones, but I don't talk to the people enough anymore.    I have met a total of 3 people in real life that I knew from gaming online.   I am staying off of AIM atm because there are about 12 people who still play FFXI that are on my buddy list (another 20 or so that quit FFXI and play WoW now lolol).    Some of which are great people that I would be friends with if I actually lived near them.   I have told them things I would only tell my closest friends in real life actually.   That is saying a good deal because I hide basically nothing anyways haha.  Internet friendships are fine, just lacking the RL hanging out aspect.   Using vent/teamspeak helped most people socially in MMOs.   I didn't do it too much because I hate the sound of my voice and I am shy as hell.

I just don't want to be tempted to play yet another MMORPG.   I have played so many of those its ridiculous (FFXI, WoW, CoH, Lineage II, Horizons, D&D online) they take up way too much free time.   When I play an MMO, I lose my other hobbies/interests almost fully.   They aren't worth the time investment as actual games, the only thing worth a damn from MMOs were the friends I made.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

The_P

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »
Have you ever been let down by any of the internet friends you had?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 11:19:38 AM »
Have you ever been let down by any of the internet friends you had?

Yes I have.  They have lives that they need to attend to and RL > (insert online game or whatever here).   Other online games and priorities are less understandable I guess.   I know I have let a few of them down myself and I felt bad about it.   Well depending on what you mean by let down.   I am talking about in an MMO, not just a chatroom.    My friends have helped me a ton in FFXI (well some in other MMOs too).   As far as squabbles, I have had a couple that were justified.   Mainly I get into online fights with people who aren't my friends, and it is very intentional trolling.  There obviously have been more than a few cases of someone not knowing I was joking or me not knowing whether they were joking or not also.   My FFXI friends that weren't already playing WoW really cried about me playing WoW.   I let those people down supposedly by playing another game.

The_P

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 11:24:12 AM »
Well I was let down by a former friend of mine. We sent each other presents and stuff, and we even shared our mobile/cellphone numbers. I thought we had a good relationship until she dropped the bombshell that she doesn't value internet friendships after five fucking months we've known each other online. I was fucking annoyed by this because I don't lead people on that way.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 11:41:07 AM »
Well that sucks.   She took the relationship that far as to send presents and exchange cell numbers and after 5 months she is over it?   There is more there than just her and internet relationships.   Why the hell did she send you a present and give you her cell number if she doesn't value internet relationships lol.   You never know what happened in real life to spark her revelation after 5 months that she doesn't value internet relationships.   Usually it is because someone finds something in real life that they value more (easier to because it is real life afterall).

Probably a grand total of 5 people (out of thousands) that I played FFXI with have my cell number.   Only spoken to most of them twice, a couple of them several times.   The two that I spoke to several times live in Jacksonville, I didn't know them before I started the game though.   We just hung out a few times at bars and houses.  I started playing FFXI with a group of 3 other RL friends.   I don't seem to have valued internet friendships as much as you. 

willow

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »
do you believe there is a cow level?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »

In Diablo there sure as hell was a secret cow level.   They just joke about it in WoW.   Silly Blizzard.

willow

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 12:04:22 PM »

In Diablo there sure as hell was a secret cow level.   They just joke about it in WoW.   Silly Blizzard.

some of their jokes are funny. I kind of always thought that one was...just because I like to say it to random
people and watch them question their own sanity.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »
The first time I saw the secret cow level I questioned what the hell was going on.   Those cows were murderous, I had to slay them all.

Yeah I find most WoW players really didn't play most of Blizzard's other games.   Starcraft 2 will own all.   Millions of Koreans will beat the hell out of eachother in real life over copies of Starcraft 2 upon its release.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 12:10:18 PM »
What is your diagnoses?

willow

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 12:10:45 PM »
The first time I saw the secret cow level I questioned what the hell was going on.   Those cows were murderous, I had to slay them all.

Yeah I find most WoW players really didn't play most of Blizzard's other games.   Starcraft 2 will own all.   Millions of Koreans will beat the hell out of eachother in real life over copies of Starcraft 2 upon its release.

good...maybe then they will leave WoW. :P

The_P

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »
Well that sucks.   She took the relationship that far as to send presents and exchange cell numbers and after 5 months she is over it?   There is more there than just her and internet relationships.   Why the hell did she send you a present and give you her cell number if she doesn't value internet relationships lol.   

She gave well-elaborate reasons in her monologues (she types more than necessary), but she may haven been bullshitting me on this.

I'm aware that she sleeps with someone she's known for a long time but isn't her boyfriend, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 12:23:57 PM »
What is your diagnoses?

Bipolar, ADD, and Asperger's.   Doctor said I am a little OCD too. 

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 12:25:22 PM »

I don't run into Koreans much if at all in WoW.   Chinese are a different story haha.

willow

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 12:41:32 PM »

I don't run into Koreans much if at all in WoW.   Chinese are a different story haha.

<bites tongue>