Author Topic: Ask Alex179 anything.  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Ask Alex179 anything.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 08:25:02 AM »
i had a friend (yes a friend) who let some old guy suck his dick for $50.  have you ever done anything like taht?

Nope that sounds like something out of Boogie Nights.  There was a scene like that in the movie.  I tried to hide my addiction to coke as much as possible, just like the other addictions.   I tell people freely about them on the internet though.   I don't look like a drug abusing metalhead, that is by design so that I encounter less cops and the like.   It would be hard for someone to realisticallly discern that I was a drug addict who needed money and is stealing shit.   They would have to see me stealing and/or abusing coke to know that.   Which was extremely unlikely.   I have only worked with gay people at the mall in department stores, they didn't really bother me and joked more than anything.   I just don't care about their lifestyle much, that doesn't mean they bother me.   It isn't a reason for me to hate someone.   I have plenty of those already.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 08:26:51 AM »
glad to see that you have your addiction under control.
it is very difficult to move forward in life if you are the slave to something else.

how old are you?
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »
I am 28 and I turn 29 this November.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 08:32:01 AM »
you play music.

ever been in a band?
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 08:44:33 AM »
A couple but nothing serious.   Right now I am in a band of sorts, we have 4 songs written completely and working on the 5th.   These aren't my actual compositions, more of a group effort (well 3 people including me).   The current drummer is not up to snuff and we are probably getting a new one.   My friend says he wants me to record bass (the remaining parts), guitar and later on keyboard tracks.   I have only played guitar in bands, our bassist had to go to Iraq because he is a Marine (needless to say he is not really happy about going back).   Right now we have a 4 track recorder so we are just doing 2 guitars bass and drums on the recordings.   When we get a real mixer or studio time we will record vocals and other assorted shit depending on the song (he wants samples and synths as well).  I am not totally into the style of deathcore metal my friend writes, but I can play it and it could be a good deal worse.   I have changed his musical ideas quite a bit though.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 08:47:04 AM »
will you post a sampling of your sound sometime?
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 09:16:26 AM »
Sure I guess.   I need something to record crap on my PC myself, my friend's 4 track sucks imo and it is behind what could be done with a PC.   We are just lazy in that regard and play video games too damn much.    I could record some crap I play when screwing around, riffs and chords and melodies in flamenco and phyrigian minor for example.    Been messing with that more recently.   Get tired of the really blues related pentatonic stuff.   Maybe in a month or two I will buy something to connect my guitar to my PC for recording.  I could record myself playing someone elses material too, but I usually prefer to play my own crap or screw around. 

Much easier to take a few pics of my artwork (paintings and collages are too big for a scanner).   Maybe short vid of me playing something.   I don't consider myself the greatest guitarist in the world anyways, but I don't suck that is for sure.   When I was playing FFXI for 3 or so odd years I probably picked up my guitar a total of 5 times lol.   I just started getting my chops back imo.   Bleh need to borrow my dad's camera anyways.   Been putting that off for years, almost 4 years of FFXI and my friends only saw one pic of me taken by another LS member at a getogether.

richard

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 03:06:19 PM »
whats yer favorite bm band?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »
whats yer favorite bm band?

That is difficult.   I am not a gigantic blackmetal fan, but my favourite overall would have to be Emperor (I even like Prometheus some).   Dimmu Borgir if you still consider them blackmetal is up there.   The last Gehenna CD I heard was pretty cool.    Most of the bands I really liked back when I was in highschool (1993-97) have changed drastically and aren't really just blackmetal anymore.  Samael and Satyricon changed their sound the most in my opinion as they got more and more interested in electronica (hell Samael used a drum machine on Passage and sounds like more like a heavier version of Rammstein now).   I read Ihsahn is into DJing just like Satyr has been doing for a while.   Getting my friend Matt into blackmetal and CoB was what convinced him that keyboards were ok to use in Metal haha (he was already a big synths/sample fan though).

I am more of a fan of deathmetal/grindcore bands like Children of Bodom, Carcass, Death (RIP Chuck), Morbid Angel, and Deicide than just blackmetal alone.   I like all kinds of music, but I listen to and play metal primarily.   I got into thrash bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Sepultura really early because my friend had an older brother who got us into that stuff when we were in 5th grade.

richard

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 07:18:14 PM »
very cool! emperor does infact, RULE.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 02:02:16 PM »
What other windows do you have open on your computer right now besides this one?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »
BitComet, Azureus, iTunes, My H: Drive, isoHunt (4 tabs), and Google.   Downloading music and other assorted shit.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 10:00:37 AM »
Will you take this test and tell us what results you got?

http://www.pttools.co.uk/asc/asc_wp2.php

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »

# Repetitive or restricted Behaviours and Interests (RBI) - Stereotyped, repetitive behaviours and interests
# Social Impairment (SI) - Social understanding
# Language problems (L) - Speech, words and sentences
# Planning, Organization and Concentration problems (POC) - Cognitive skills related to being able to plan, organise and stay focused
# Imaging and Recall problems (IR) - Visualisation, imagination and remembering past events
# Reasoning and Problem solving problems (RP) - Cognitive skills related to rational deduction and working things out
# Sensory problems (S) - Impact of senses
# Motor problems (M) - Control of own movement

RBI =6.75
SI=6.75
L=2.5
POC=6.5
IR=2.25
RP=5
S=5
M=5.25

The_P

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 10:43:13 AM »
Internet friendships -- what do you think of them?