Author Topic: Where did the US screw up?  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Where did the US screw up?
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2017, 10:52:04 PM »
A last generation? As in the extinction of the human race?
People just like to think they can know who the monsters are, but they can't.

Online odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2017, 02:37:31 AM »
Welp, at some point- maybe sooner than later- we'll have a last generation.  And boy won't that screw the data for all these theories up.

(Sorry if that part already got said- I did try to read through the thread but it's kinda laborious.)

:laugh:
To me it looks like you're saying that banning bombs didn't stop bombs going off therefore there is no point to gun control because it's a mental health issue. 

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »
Yeah.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Online odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2017, 02:36:03 AM »
Yeah.

The upside is that there's no need for anyone to explain anything.
To me it looks like you're saying that banning bombs didn't stop bombs going off therefore there is no point to gun control because it's a mental health issue. 

Offline Minister of silly walks

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2017, 05:33:38 AM »
I took "generation" to be when a child was born up to the time they were likely to have children of their own. Accounting for historical and cultural changes and getting rid of outliers this 16-29 seems about right

o_O

Offline Al Swearengen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Friendly bastard
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2017, 05:51:41 AM »
I took "generation" to be when a child was born up to the time they were likely to have children of their own. Accounting for historical and cultural changes and getting rid of outliers this 16-29 seems about right

o_O

Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept?
I don't want to hear it. Save your complaints to Odeon. Yes, we had decided to drop hostilities. No, I didnt expect that Odeon would do other than start shit again like he always does
You're not going to stick to "a handful people", are you? That would be stupid.
Damned if I won't respond.
So it's on again & you can lay the blame squarely at his feet. Little passive-aggressive bitch

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2017, 06:02:12 AM »

o_O

Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept?

It's not exactly rocket science, but it is starting to look like I'm gonna need some kind of prop.

Offline Al Swearengen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Friendly bastard
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2017, 06:16:21 AM »

o_O

Okay. The of 16-29 years for a generation was claimed to be a too ill-defined. I, however, believe that though generation is assessed as being from the time of people in a community being born to when they become parents themselves, it is a difficult science to make a hard and fast determination as to exactly what that age is.
Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept? If you cut out the real outliers of precocious puberty and pregnancies and such and likewise the freakish 50yr old+ mothers and geriatric fathers then look at various cultures in a community in recent history, I think that 16-29 is a reasonable assessment and will capture most of the age of birth to parenthood. In future they will likely stretch this even further.

It's not exactly rocket science, but it is starting to look like I'm gonna need some kind of prop.
I don't want to hear it. Save your complaints to Odeon. Yes, we had decided to drop hostilities. No, I didnt expect that Odeon would do other than start shit again like he always does
So it's on again & you can lay the blame squarely at his feet. Little passive-aggressive bitch

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2017, 06:32:18 AM »

o_O

Okay. The of 16-29 years for a generation was claimed to be a too ill-defined. I, however, believe that though generation is assessed as being from the time of people in a community being born to when they become parents themselves, it is a difficult science to make a hard and fast determination as to exactly what that age is.
Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept? If you cut out the real outliers of precocious puberty and pregnancies and such and likewise the freakish 50yr old+ mothers and geriatric fathers then look at various cultures in a community in recent history, I think that 16-29 is a reasonable assessment and will capture most of the age of birth to parenthood. In future they will likely stretch this even further.

o_O    o_O    o_O

Offline Al Swearengen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Friendly bastard
« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2017, 06:35:17 AM »
Poor you  :trump: