Educational

Author Topic: ask McWhatever....whatever!  (Read 20796 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: ask McWhatever....whatever!
« Reply #975 on: September 01, 2007, 06:26:02 AM »
And how about a non-cliche answer? ;) :)

(asked in friendliness)
for the most part the benefit outweighs the costs.
though i can only make that claim because i have my wife here.  if it wasn't for her calming presence, at times, i bet i would lose my mind under the weight of the responsibility.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #976 on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:02 AM »
My point was that Richard's seem to get taken down much quicker but never mind  :laugh:
do they have people that scan the pictures?

i am not gripping mine in my fist.  maybe it went un-noticed.

They probably do- perhaps someone reported Richard's?  :laugh:
maybe mine wasn't deemed sexual enough since i didn't have an erection.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #977 on: September 01, 2007, 06:47:18 AM »
And how about a non-cliche answer? ;) :)

(asked in friendliness)

Sometimes it is very difficult, having a little thing dependent on you for everything.  No matter what, its needs must come first, so even if you have been up all night for any reason (such as the little thing wouldn't sleep and cried all night) even so, when that little thing needs feeding and changing first thing in the morning, you wake up and you feed and change it and you attend to its needs even if you feel like a zombie.

And that's if it's healthy.  If it's sick, then there is a whole new level of difficulty that you could never understand until you live it.   Because in addition to everything else, there is a terror that your baby might die and that there is nothing you can do to stop it.  You would lay down your life to save your baby but even that might not be enough.  So you give a doctor the most precious thing you have and sign papers letting them put her to sleep and slice her up, hoping that saves her life, but knowing that it may not.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #978 on: September 01, 2007, 07:05:55 AM »
that is the maternal perspective.  like i said, i doubt i could cope if it wasn't for my wife.
Misunderstood.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #979 on: September 01, 2007, 07:13:21 AM »
that is the maternal perspective.  like i said, i doubt i could cope if it wasn't for my wife.

No offense, McJ, but that is hardly strictly the maternal perspective.  Callaway may have phrased it better than I ever could, but the feelings are very much in line with my own.

The two times I've had to take my soon in to the ER for something serious..... :shudder:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #980 on: September 01, 2007, 07:16:20 AM »

No offense, McJ, but that is hardly strictly the maternal perspective.  Callaway may have phrased it better than I ever could, but the feelings are very much in line with my own.

The two times I've had to take my soon in to the ER for something serious..... :shudder:
i hear you on that.  my greatest fear, likely, is the thought of myself outliving one of my kiddos.

but the staying up all night and being patient and dutiful.....i doubt i could do it without going bonkers.
though, i have never been tried like that.  my wife automatically assumes that responsibility.

Misunderstood.

GalileoAce

« Reply #981 on: September 01, 2007, 07:17:37 AM »
I'll probably never know what it's like to have kids. I'm not 100% convinced I'd be a good parent, but still...What ifs and all that.

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #982 on: September 01, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »
but the staying up all night and being patient and dutiful.....i doubt i could do it without going bonkers.
though, i have never been tried like that.  my wife automatically assumes that responsibility.

It's usually split here.  If it involves staying up all night, I usually do it as I'm more able to keep going when needed.  If it involves waking up multiple times, it tends to be Kiriana.  Not for lack of me wanting to, though.  I just don't wake up as easily as she does.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #983 on: September 01, 2007, 07:23:47 AM »

It's usually split here.  If it involves staying up all night, I usually do it as I'm more able to keep going when needed.  If it involves waking up multiple times, it tends to be Kiriana.  Not for lack of me wanting to, though.  I just don't wake up as easily as she does.
for the most part, my wife hasn't worked since we got married, so when we had the babies she tended to sleep when they did.
me, i had to be at work all day, and if i was up all night, i'd never catch up.
Misunderstood.

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #984 on: September 01, 2007, 07:33:08 AM »

for the most part, my wife hasn't worked since we got married, so when we had the babies she tended to sleep when they did.

Pretty much the same here.  And I never said I caught up.  I just handle the lack of sleep better.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #985 on: September 01, 2007, 07:42:55 AM »

Pretty much the same here.  And I never said I caught up.  I just handle the lack of sleep better.
i. love. bed.  i. need. bed.
Misunderstood.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #986 on: September 01, 2007, 12:59:31 PM »

i. love. bed.  i. need. bed.

Yep, me too.  :P  I get really cranky and lose all patience when I'm short on sleep.   But it's different with a baby vs an older kid too.  I definitely assume most of the night time parenting of an infant.  Mostly because I breastfeed, and infants are usually waking because they need to fed, and a little bit because of the working outside the home situation.   The older kids certainly don't get up every night like a baby, but when they do get up, it's generally going to be for the long haul and in the case of the boy, he's not letting anyone nap.  So Mordok takes those cases.  It balances out in the end, IMO.  :D

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #987 on: September 01, 2007, 06:40:57 PM »
Three more pages.  How can we get you there?
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #988 on: September 01, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »

With  :penis: and  :bounce::laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #989 on: September 01, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »
wanna make slow man love?
Misunderstood.