Educational

Author Topic: Scrapheap calls out Lucifer.  (Read 10750 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Scrapheap calls out Lucifer.
« Reply #255 on: August 16, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
Bear in mind when you are talking about me that I am often pissed while on here. And what you quoted I believe were two different situtations.
Oh, alright.
:plus: (in spirit, at least. I know it makes no difference)Actually, i feel like plussing nearly everyone right now.
I feel like plussing Bjork, several times over for her immensely gutsy reply to me(hope you're listenng , Bjork,, I s'pect I'll spoil the good atmosphere - though that might be figment of my own imagination- with my next post *sigh* , cause i haven't modified it, and I don't think I should, 'cause I'd never get around to posting it , for one thing.)
well thanks for the compliment. i appreciated your post as well even though the word naive makes me see red. :P
Yeah, doesn't it just! <yikes!>  
But, seriously,  I really appreciated he insight into your POV (I evidently don't share you POV on that word, but I can certainly relate to it, now)
modify your next post if it's not what you want to say, otherwise post it. there's no hurry, here in cyberland there is no time. :P
Good point. But, then,  here in Walkieland, there's always the danger that I'll chicken out, if I don't hit "post" pretty fast.
I have two basic problems with that post:
1) I was really pissed-off at the time of writing and it shows. (But then that post of yours, for one handy example- goes to demonstrate that it can often be a good thing, in the final analysis,  to write when pissed-off.  So I'm not about to revise it, on that score. It just  makes me hesitant)
2) I was carrying on from my post to you, and thus adressing you directly, at intervals. But, if you can live with the fact that it's somewhat out-of-place to address it to you, and make a few allowances, I'd rather leave it like that. It's not hugely critical of you. It  mostly concerns other people, in fact.   I sjust seem to to be more comfortable adressing one particular individual, than adressing a mass of people, though I'm attempting to answer a mass of people. Anyway,  if I modified it now, it would probabably keep me up all night again, and I'd end up modifying the tone in such a way as to make it artificial, I think.  Hmm, Best delivered raw, huh? In spite of it's faults.

So basically you meant: I was pissed off but now I am not. I am just still thinking about the whole situation here.
There you go, one sentence. No wonder it takes you many hours to write a post.

I am sorry but I don't have the attention span to read the whole of your posts even though I want to.

Oh, and it is me fiddling with the word filter. Lucifer will know when she reads it, I don't think she will be offended over that.

I think I will eliminate those changes I made soon. Randy notices bugger all.  ::)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #256 on: August 16, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »
from my perspective McJ (feel free to correct me McJ) has respect for Neuroman because he refuses to treat him like a weak person. that's what i like about this place, noone gets talked down to. of course there's a time for sympathy and empathy and i don't know if Neuroman needs that or tough love or what. i don't know him. but it seems to me here one always gets that basic level of respect. even if otherwise disliked or mocked or insulted, noone is treated like certain minorities or groups or what have you are treated in the real world; with kidgloves and lots of pity or mollycoddling.

In fact,   since you ‘re a friend of  Lucifer,  Bjork, but you don’t know neuroman,  I suppose you and I have approximately equal rights to butt in,. (I’m glad I though of that. That makes me feel better about it  :))

touché. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2007, 09:49:47 PM »
true, bjork.  but moreso back when he didn't hide behind other people.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2007, 02:00:38 AM »
Just go back to thinking I'm working for my own selfish ends, McJ, irrelevant to what would be "best" for Neuroman. It'll be easier on your worldview.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #259 on: August 17, 2007, 06:03:26 AM »
Just go back to thinking I'm working for my own selfish ends, McJ, irrelevant to what would be "best" for Neuroman. It'll be easier on your worldview.
::)
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #260 on: August 17, 2007, 06:19:20 AM »
why can't neuroman handle this himself?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2007, 06:23:46 AM »

Oh nice one, now someone comes up with the most logical Aspie comment ever!   ;)

He can't handle it, hence why he is hiding in Pyraxis's apron.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2007, 06:37:25 AM »
i think that she has him tied up in a closet and only feeds him cherios and water.
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2007, 07:22:34 AM »
i think that she has him tied up in a closet and only feeds him cherios and water.

God forbid if he ever tried to feed her his Cheerio!

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2007, 07:24:30 AM »
from my perspective McJ (feel free to correct me McJ) has respect for Neuroman because he refuses to treat him like a weak person. that's what i like about this place, noone gets talked down to. of course there's a time for sympathy and empathy and i don't know if Neuroman needs that or tough love or what. i don't know him. but it seems to me here one always gets that basic level of respect. even if otherwise disliked or mocked or insulted, noone is treated like certain minorities or groups or what have you are treated in the real world; with kidgloves and lots of pity or mollycoddling.

I don’t think that “tough love” and “empathy” are two different  things. I think that “tough love” needs to be practiced with empathy , compassion and  respect. Otherwise it isn’t “love” at all, only tough.

It’s too easy to (unconsciosly)  inflict  your own agenda on people, under the guise of “tough love”. I’m sure most of us here must have had theat experience , from the receiving end. I mean, people trying to stuff us into the standard NT  mould for “our own good”? . I certainly have, and it makes me  cautious. I don’t think, as an aspie, that  I’m somehow immune from making that same  kind of mistake

Anyway, my point was that “tough love “ from every which direction (and from people with confictng agendas, what’s more )  is bound to be stressful, in the extreme, not least for an aspie. I don’t see how that can be anything except destructive.  And I don’t think the vague suppositon  that people IRL would redress the balance would likely hold true for the average aspie  (never mind how many “minority groups” he belongs to) Seems like most of us only get more of the same, IRL
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 07:28:36 AM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2007, 07:29:26 AM »
you have already stated that what you hought i was doing is called tough love.  and you have stated, i think, that you believe my intentions were pure.
now you state:
that “tough love “ from every which direction (and from people with confictng agendas, what’s more )  is bound to be stressful, in the extreme, not least for an aspie.
does this mean that you have conceded that perhaps that is all Lucifer was trying to do?  albeit with a different agenda from me, but perhaps with his best interest also in mind?

i am just thinking that it may not have been overt manipulation.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #266 on: August 17, 2007, 07:44:59 AM »

That was my first reaction. I am a newcomer to this saga and still trying to play catch up. I never heard of any of you, except Dunc, (who was listed as a moderator at WP, but never posted while I was there) before I got here, so my stupid comments earlier in both threads were out of place and should be ignored.

I read the early posts and thought that this was merely old blood boiling under the bridge between Lucifer and Pyraxis. Thanks to Walkie's enormous postings and clarifications to Milla, I am getting a clearer picture. I had to plus her efforts to clear the smoke.

As an outsider looking through a fogged spyglass, I see that:

Neuroman helped to start the first Intensity.

There exists some undefined, yet special, relationship between Pyraxis and Neuroman.

There exists some undefined, yet special, relationship between Lucifer and Neuroman.

Neuroman is also somewhat vulnerable (always has been and still is) to the pressures of his own difficult life.

Lucifer and Pyraxis have both an investment of time trying to help Neuroman, although to a questionable result.

McJ, in his own way, also has tried to help Neuroman and again to an end yet undefined.

Something mysterious happened to the first Intensity and no one is quite sure why or how it was brought down.

Neuroman suffered greatly as a result of losing the original site and Pyraxis believes that Lucifer manipulated him into failure, somehow.

Neuroman's only effort to resolve this issue has been to get the old site up and in view and allow Pyraxis access to his private chat logs.

Pyraxis has some animosity with Lucifer's attempts to befriend Neuroman and claims she did him damage.

Lucifer has put this behind her and wonders how many more times she must do so.

Pyraxis believes that casting more light on the situation will help Neuroman to cope.

Neuroman has not shown himself, personally, in this pursuit of justice by Pyraxis, thus, the accusations of his hiding arose.

Pyraxis' main beef with Lucifer is that Lucifer has hurt Neuroman, possibly deeply.

Everybody, but McJ and Pyraxis, want this over and done.

There is no one single person who holds the majority of blame for what has happened.

What else have I missed?

... and where is this going, next?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 07:55:02 AM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2007, 07:53:27 AM »
 :deadhorse:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2007, 07:56:32 AM »
:deadhorse:

Am I? The fucking thing is still bleeding. I'm just trying to understand, better.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2007, 07:59:41 AM »
Thank you for putting that in order, MDawg.
:plus:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae