Author Topic: Someone started a thread about us at WP.  (Read 30580 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Someone started a thread about us at WP.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 06:03:05 PM »
I don't see the slippery slope
at all. They're different sites.
Yeah, there's some history,
but the hell with that.

The slippery part is how easy it can be to fall into a pity pact with some who you may identify with. I'm not putting you down, Calandale, only the failed concept that crying together is valid as a continuing therapy.

It's not like listening to blues. I dig the blues, but not because there's a blind, emaciated, aged, pitiful blackman, missing teeth, crying about his loveless life, making me feel like I have so much more on the ball. I enjoy the rhythyms, riffs, simple raw melodies and the soulfullness of it all. At WP, all you have is the crying, emaciation, blindness, missing teeth, and pitiful loveless lives. The soul is not there, with only a few possible exceptions. I'm harsh, but I was there for several months, read thousands of posts, but only a few were helpful to anyone.

My often mentioned reasoning: I can't afford the Kleenex bills.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:04:36 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 06:05:03 PM »
Ah, I see that. I sometimes get a kick
out of it, but yeah it depresses the crap
out of me, at others.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 06:05:32 PM »
My often mentioned reasoning: I can't afford the Kleenex bills.

:laugh:

:plus:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 06:48:51 PM »
woss it say?  i'm banned, and can't be fucked trying to remember one of my alter egos.

Why are you banned?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »
woss it say?  i'm banned, and can't be fucked trying to remember one of my alter egos.

Why are you banned?

Alex read her Private Message to Jman, which started a big banning spree on WP over a year ago  She was one of the first to be banned, but she wasn't the last.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
But, since he doesn't read his own
PMs, it seems unlikely that he's snooping
much now.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »

Why are you banned?

Alex read her Private Message to Jman, which started a big banning spree on WP over a year ago  She was one of the first to be banned, but she wasn't the last.

Why did he read her private message? What did she say to him?

I thought Alex has said he can't read private messages other people write to each other.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 08:18:33 PM »

Why are you banned?

Why did he read her private message? What did she say to him?

I thought Alex has said he can't read private messages other people write to each other.

I suppose Alex was curious about her Private Messages to other guys, because she is a breathtakingly beautiful woman and he saw her as some sort of sex goddess. 

I think the PM had the phrase "hell in a handbasket" in it.

Alex lies.  Apparently there is a way for someone like Alex who has hacker skills and developer access to read other member's Private Messages on a website like WP.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 08:34:25 PM »

I have read on WP where Alex posted that he could not read private messages, but regardless, there was all that hullabaloo, last year, before my time over reading some private messages. If I can remember correctly, it was HaleBopp who posted a link to the WP thread where he made that statement and she had direct knowlege of him reading PMs.
Maybe she will Bopp in here to correct me if I got it wrong.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11563&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=alex+reading+pms

End of alex's first post. Seems to imply that
he can.

I'm not going to monitor your PMs.

ozymandias

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »
PM's are so easy to read, especially as an admin.   A few years ago Amber got very aggressive pm's from 2 individuals.  One was harmless (TheASman) the other was very bizarre, (lonleyguy88).  I deleted both pm's.  When I brought this to Alex's attention, I mentioned that I had deleted the posts.  He was able to retrieve them, read them and the rest is history.  As an admin. on the Island, there is a section of the admin. forum that allows me to read pm's.   I must confess to a very strong temptation to read whats there, not to be a prick, but, because my curiosity is very great about past problems on the Island.  A temptation so far I have resisted.   Alex strikes me as a pretty slippery character in the realm of ethics.  He's young, arrogant and could easily justify to himself about reading the pm's of other people.

If alex says he can't read pm's.........he is so full of shit, that his eyes are brown!

To be honest, I read two pm's on the island, because there was a very big flame war brewing, a member got banned and I was afraid that I was going to have to do the banning.  The pm's were between a member and the original admin.  This was after I found myself "appointed" admin on AI........a position I was put in without being asked.   ???  But, my point is, as much as I hated reading other people's private messages, I justified to myself that I was doing the "right thing" to cover my ass.  I was greatly relieved to find that I wasn't going to have to do anything.

But, pm's are not really private, so act accordingly before you send one.  Thats is why I block the ability to pm me from certain people.  If people have a problem with me, I'd rather they ask me about it publicly, rather then backstage.  I got screwed with that on the neurolands as a mod. on the banning of "hiro".   Something I will never allow to happen again. >:(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 09:08:54 PM »
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11563&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=alex+reading+pms

he can.

Hey, some familiar names, there. I see he made the implication that it was possible, made the statement that it has happened, then denied that it happens, except "to protect" members.

... the truth is somewhere in-between?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »
But, pm's are not really private, so act accordingly before you send one.  Thats is why I block the ability to pm me from certain people.  If people have a problem with me, I'd rather they ask me about it publicly, rather then backstage.  I got screwed with that on the neurolands as a mod. on the banning of "hiro".   Something I will never allow to happen again. >:(

If there ever was a person there who needed to be banned, it was Hiro.  You did the right thing.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »

he can.

Hey, some familiar names, there. I see he made the implication that it was possible, made the statement that it has happened, then denied that it happens, except "to protect" members.

... the truth is somewhere in-between?

The truth is that Alex lies.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2007, 09:14:48 PM »
Past is not an absolute predictor
of future behavior. I'd like to find
where he claims not to be able to
read PMs.