Educational

Author Topic: 10 Principles/Philosohy  (Read 20950 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
10 Principles/Philosohy
« on: April 02, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »
The Ten Guiding Principles of a Strong Community

This would be our answer for a base of operations towards betterment and equality for Autistic People. The bottom line, we believe, is to set a clear goal and to speak with one voice. The discipline of these principles, springs out of participation, conviction and the right of the membership to decide its own course of action. The following principles and the steps to implement them, and an informed and alert membership is what makes a group a powerful force; one which must be counted.

I? A Community is built on its members.
The strength, understanding and unity of the membership can determine the Communities course and its advancements.
The members whose skills, which make up the Community and does their duty can best determine their own destiny.
If the facts are honestly presented to the members in its ranks, they will best judge what should be done and how it should be done.
In Brief, it is the membership of the Community which is the best judge of its own welfare; not the officers, not society, not the politicians and the fair weathered friends of Autism.
Above all, this approach is based on the conviction that given the truth and an opportunity to determine their own course of action, the rank and file in 99 cases out of 100 will take the right path in their own interests and the interests of all people.

II? UNITY is at all times the key for successful social, educational, and economic advancement.
Anything that detracts from Autistic UNITY hurts all people with Autism.
Any group Of Autistic People which decides to put itself above other Autistic People through gimmickery or subterfuge or personal greed at the expense of others like themselves, will in the long run gain but little and inevitably will lose both its substance and its friends.
No matter how difficult the going, a Community must fight in every possible way to advance the principle of Autistic UNITY.

III People with Autism are indivisible.
There can be no discrimination because of race, color, creed, national origin, religious or political belief.
Any division among Autistic People can help no one but the status quo of society.
Discrimination by one Autistic Person against another Autistic Person is suicide. Discrimination is a weapon of society. Its entire history is proof that it has served no other purpose than to pit person against person to their own destruction.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 03:42:17 PM by McJagger »
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
Re: 10 Principles/Philosohy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 03:43:48 PM »
IV  "To help any Autistic Person in distress" must be a daily guide in the life of any Autistic Person in this Community and its individual members. Autistic solidarity means just that.
AS Comminities have to accept the fact that the solidarity of all Autistic People stands above all else.
We cannot adopt for ourselves the policies of the Community leaders, that insist because they have a mandate, their members are compelled to perform actions that are detrimental to the rights of the smallest majority among us.
Each right must be respected as if it were our own.

V  Any Community, if it is to fulfill its appointed task, must put aside all internal differences and issues to combine for the common cause of advancing the welfare of the membership.
No Community can successfully fulfill its purpose in life if allows itself to be distracted by any issue which causes division in the ranks and undermines the UNITY which all Autistic People must have in their UNIFIED efforts in the face of inequality, and their pursuit of a level playing field.

VI The days are long gone when a disabled individual can consider dealing with society alone.
The powerful financial interests of the socialized world are bound together in every conceivable type of united organization to promote their own welfare and to resist the demands of the disabled minority, and take for themselves; an advantage.
The socially advantaged of this world are part of a well-organized, carefully coordinated, effective fighting machine.
They can be met only on equal terms, which requires; one voice, and a single minded pursuit for/by/of ORGANIZED AUTISTIC PEOPLE, the world over.

VII  Just as water flows to its lowest level, so does opportunity if the bulk of Autistic People are left un-organized.
The days of struggling alone- the losing battle- was over when Autistic People reasoned that it was time to be counted.
To organize the un-organized must be a cardinal principle of any AS Community worth its salt; and to accomplish this is not merely in the interest of the un-organized; it is for the benefit of the organized as well.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »
VIII  The basic aspirations and desires of the Autistic People throughout the world are the same.
Challenges are challenges the world over.
International solidarity, particularly to Autistic Spectrum Challenged People, is essential to their protection and a guarantee of an ally in times of strife.

IX  A new type of collaboration is called for which does not confine its ambitions and demands only to employment.
Conditions of work, Security of employment, and adequate provisions of welfare for each Autistic Person, including;
-job training
-medical considerations
-prescription drug benefits
-clinical counseling
-social skills courses
-and of greatest importance is educational considerations for each Autistic Person's special needs and in a safe environment, free from ridicule or any forms of abuse.
These are of equal, if not greater importance, than simple employment

X  Jurisdictional warfare and jurisdictional raiding must be outlawed by the Community itself.
Nothing can do as much damage to the ranks within the cause and to the principle of Autistic UNITY and solidarity as jurisdictional bickering and raiding among subgroups within the Community. Both public support and individual confidence is shaken and put in jeopardy by jurisdictional warfare.

These are meant to be a simple 'start up' point. These guiding principles are meant to be adaptive and support the express desires of the Autism Community. Forever the goals of People with Autistic challenges will change. The contents herein serve as a reminder to the Voices of the Autistic Community, that, the goals of the individual shall not supersede the desires of the membership.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 03:48:54 PM »
i would like to restate that, these are a basic guideline towards a closer membership with common goals. I would not be offended in the least, if any person had any editing suggestions.
even if it were a comma.

a community is based on its members and its members create the community.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:23 AM »
How come no one posted here?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 03:52:48 AM »
I aren't sure anyone read all of it- short attention span and all that.  :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 03:57:52 AM »
I'm sure that I read none of it.

Doesn't mean I couldn't be the first in.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 04:00:13 AM »
You seem to have a bit of a soft spot for old threads recently- are you really that bored?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 04:05:25 AM »
I was rather high on postieness;
McJ wasn't on, and no one else
can come close to matching me
at my spammiest.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 04:07:22 AM »
I'm too distracted just lately to have even have of my post-whoring 'ability'.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 04:08:39 AM »
(18.316 per day) I see no evidence of PH ability.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 04:10:44 AM »
That's cos I keep getting burnt out and hardly post for weeks- when I am post-whoring its much much higher- of course it doesn't change much on my profile because it includes the time I don't post at all in my average.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 04:13:26 AM »
Ah. Yeah, that happened to me at another site:

down to (8.712 per day). But, all of the spammable section doesn't
count. Plus, I spent more than half the time that I've been there,
not posting at all, and another half of that not posting in countable
areas. My total posts are about double that.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »
You have post 101 plus per day I am getting close to 100 today though Myself.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 06:47:10 PM »
It's unlikely that I'll keep a high rate up for
too long.