Author Topic: 10 Principles/Philosohy  (Read 12454 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: 10 Principles/Philosohy
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 10:18:05 AM »
This would be our answer for a base of operations towards betterment and equality for Autistic People. The bottom line, we believe, is to set a clear goal and to speak with one voice. The discipline of these principles, springs out of participation, conviction and the right of the membership to decide its own course of action. The following principles and the steps to implement them, and an informed and alert membership is what makes a group a powerful force; one which must be counted.

I would have trolled this place mercilessly.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »
This would be our answer for a base of operations towards betterment and equality for Autistic People. The bottom line, we believe, is to set a clear goal and to speak with one voice. The discipline of these principles, springs out of participation, conviction and the right of the membership to decide its own course of action. The following principles and the steps to implement them, and an informed and alert membership is what makes a group a powerful force; one which must be counted.

And you would have been flamed to the Kuiper belt and back by a number of the more vocal posters back then. McJ was and still is an idealist, though, and I suspect he never took into account the general apathy of the autie population. Nobody could really be arsed.

But with that said, I do think that some of his objectives with this place have been met.
To me it looks like you're saying that banning bombs didn't stop bombs going off therefore there is no point to gun control because it's a mental health issue. 

midlifeaspie

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »

And you would have been flamed to the Kuiper belt and back by a number of the more vocal posters back then.

Now that sounds entertaining to me :)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
It might have been. :)
To me it looks like you're saying that banning bombs didn't stop bombs going off therefore there is no point to gun control because it's a mental health issue. 

Online Sven Shalhoub

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Allahu Akbar!!!
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2014, 01:04:35 PM »

And you would have been flamed to the Kuiper belt and back by a number of the more vocal posters back then. McJ was and still is an idealist, though, and I suspect he never took into account the general apathy of the autie population. Nobody could really be arsed.

But with that said, I do think that some of his objectives with this place have been met.

Which ones??

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:45 PM »
Necrobumping threads again?

Online Sven Shalhoub

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Allahu Akbar!!!
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:05 PM »
that's not an answer

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2014, 11:59:28 PM »
Deciding we couldn't be trusted to rule our own forum even. :P

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »
Democracy is a lynch mob.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2014, 11:21:29 PM »
that's not an answer

After two years? You're right, it's not.

Online Sven Shalhoub

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Allahu Akbar!!!
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
that's not an answer

The passage of time is irrelevant to the question, unless you've changed your mind.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »
that's not an answer

The passage of time is irrelevant to the question, unless you've changed your mind.

Can't remember exactly how I reasoned, to be perfectly honest. It has been two years.