Educational

Author Topic: tEH uLTIMATE dREAM tHREAD=post your dreams here peoples  (Read 12912 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: tEH uLTIMATE dREAM tHREAD=post your dreams here peoples
« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »
I hate the "accidentally left my pants at home" type of work dreams.
The supposed meanings of naked dreams are interesting. Being naked in a dream can generally mean a subconscious fear of having a secret exposed. Being naked at school or work can mean concern about not being prepared or qualified for a project. Being proud of one's nudity can mean confidence in what one has to offer, or worry about drawing the wrong kind of attention to oneself.

In my case it's probably a deep seated feeling that my job is so straightforward that almost anyone could do it. Like everyone else has all these hard skills and I'm doing stuff that my 11 year old daughter could figure out in half an hour. At s ok me level I know that making stuff look and sound easy is what I'm supposed to be doing but still....

When I'm the only business analyst on a team I always feel superfluous. When I've got a few other BAs working with me I feel like master of the universe.
In my case it's probably insecurity about being so less connected. In my last position, I interacted with every single department, so I was heavily networked. I still have people, and building good relationships, but some of them are external, and it's different because I feel like I rely on more people than I have people who rely on me.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2020, 08:48:09 PM »
I can't remember the last time I had a dream and actually remembered it.  :dunno:
It's very rare for me to remember them too. When I do remember, they are so extremely vivid, and unless they are absurd, I can confuse them with actual memories.
Hubert once told me I don't remember dreams because I get good uninterrupted REM sleep. That made sense. I don't sleep a lot, but when I do sleep, I sleep the sleep of the dead.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2020, 09:02:23 PM »
Hubert once told me I don't remember dreams because I get good uninterrupted REM sleep. That made sense. I don't sleep a lot, but when I do sleep, I sleep the sleep of the dead.

Maybe it's the same here. I don't sleep well, but when I do I'm OUT. :laugh:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2020, 09:27:51 PM »
What about dreams that are nothing but still images? Mental Images projected from your mind and imprinted into your dream...

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2020, 09:42:12 PM »
What about dreams that are nothing but still images? Mental Images projected from your mind and imprinted into your dream...
Have never heard of that. First reaction was to consider you are an artist, so it makes sense an artist might think in static image more than the average person, and thus dream as such. It might also mean you're not fully asleep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Individual images are typically fleeting and given to very rapid changes. They are said to differ from dreams proper in that hypnagogic imagery is usually static and lacking in narrative content

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2020, 08:25:36 PM »
I hate the "looking for a toilet but can't find one" type of dreams.

Those dreams would probably be worse if you did find a toilet.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2020, 09:40:37 PM »
I dreamed a group of people were holding an elaborate day-long Alternity LARP at the university my father used to teach at. I slept in until 11:10, tragically, and missed a lot of clues that were caught by players who got there earlier. Then somebody solved the final challenge an hour or so later, and the whole thing closed down with me only just having started. I was terribly disappointed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #397 on: January 20, 2020, 01:51:47 AM »

:2thumbsup:  :spitscreen: :spitscreen:

Okay, I'm prepared to close the competition early and declare this the funniest post of 2020.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #398 on: January 20, 2020, 06:53:13 PM »
I dreamed a group of people were holding an elaborate day-long Alternity LARP at the university my father used to teach at. I slept in until 11:10, tragically, and missed a lot of clues that were caught by players who got there earlier. Then somebody solved the final challenge an hour or so later, and the whole thing closed down with me only just having started. I was terribly disappointed.
Dreams of being late have the obvious interpretation of worry about missing out on opportunity. It can also be a symbol of a need or hope for change in life, so dreams of being late can mean the subconscious is reminding a person they already have green light to move forward with a change. So while on the conscious level one might still be mulling it over, subconsciously they've already made up their mind.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:55:02 PM by Jack »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #399 on: January 20, 2020, 07:17:25 PM »
I don't need to dream of being late. I usually am in real life anyway.

I have weird dreams of being early. Of arriving at work at first light, something like 6 am, and the place being shuttered up. Of getting in and there being nobody around for hours.

Another one is being back at school, like I've gone back to repeat the last two years of high school so that I can get better marks for some reason. And realizing that I have somehow not attended any classes for key subjects and I am hopelessly lost.

Another one is being back at the house I lived in from the ages of about 10 thru 22. And finding out that one of the first cars I owned is still there (behind the garage) and still driveable, and I start driving that around. And it's weird because the car is so old and dusty and has an engine literally 5 times as big as the car I have now (5.8 litres, or 351 cubic inches, compared to 1.2 litres now).

Another one is going back and buying one of the 2 houses I grew up in, and the house being exactly the same as before, just a bit more wear and tear.

I also have "hybrid people" in my dreams. Like someone who is a mixture of 2 or 3 people who have been a key part of my life. Usually female.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #400 on: January 20, 2020, 08:09:46 PM »
I have a lot of dreams of wanting to go to the bathroom and finding nowhere to go or the toilets being removed or broken or absent.  And they are very vivid.  Takes me a moment to awake a realize that they are just a dream.  Of course, then I am awake and need to go to the bathroom!   :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:35:00 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #401 on: January 20, 2020, 08:30:09 PM »
I dreamt that I fell off of a Sky Scraper in a fancy car, and in the car was a celebrity from along time ago.... I think the guy's name was Little Richie?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #402 on: January 20, 2020, 08:41:45 PM »
I dreamt that I fell off of a Sky Scraper in a fancy car, and in the car was a celebrity from along time ago.... I think the guy's name was Little Richie?

Maybe "Little Richard" the pop and early rock singer pioneer? 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #403 on: January 20, 2020, 09:29:15 PM »

:2thumbsup:  :spitscreen: :spitscreen:

Okay, I'm prepared to close the competition early and declare this the funniest post of 2020.

:hadron:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #404 on: January 21, 2020, 07:38:55 AM »
I dreamed about graphically murdering my first boyfriend and his brother after a long chase where both of them and possibly their father too were violent manipulative psychopaths due to having fought with each other their whole lives.  :LOL:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.