Author Topic: recomend an album to another  (Read 4929 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: recomend an album to another
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2007, 07:03:38 PM »
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

duncvis

« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2007, 07:11:38 PM »
really can't shake the likelihood it might be squeaky clean guitar pop though.even if they don't have a track called 'mmmbop'.

I'd like to recommend this to anyone who has an elderly relative they wish something nasty on. Other than that its nowt special.  :angel:

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2007, 07:13:15 PM »

:lol:  I may be a fan, but I still have a sense of humor about it....

really can't shake the likelihood it might be squeaky clean guitar pop though.even if they don't have a track called 'mmmbop'.

Depends on how one defines "squeaky clean" and "pop", but I suppose you're not HUGELY off.   Meh, the title said recommend an album, so I did.   There's probably better places to debate (or not) the merits of various styles of music.  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:17:00 PM by Kiriana »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2007, 07:14:40 PM »

I'd like to recommend this to anyone who has an elderly relative they wish something nasty on. Other than that its nowt special.  :angel:

Consider me an elderly relative, RSoul!

I love that one.

Richard, Why haven't you locked this thread, yet?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2007, 09:58:18 PM »
Bah.  I wish I could do away with the stigma of the name "Hanson".  10 years will do remarkable things for a band's sound ya know.  ;)

they were very good even then. i mean, didn't they write their own shit? and they played their own instruments. the backstreet boys could sing and dance but they had their shit handed to them and they had their own band playing the music. Hanson was more creative that way and more organic of course.

anyway Dunc is just an emo bitch who doesn't appreciate some sunshine in music. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2007, 10:14:17 PM »
Bah.  I wish I could do away with the stigma of the name "Hanson".  10 years will do remarkable things for a band's sound ya know.  ;)

they were very good even then. i mean, didn't they write their own shit? and they played their own instruments. the backstreet boys could sing and dance but they had their shit handed to them and they had their own band playing the music. Hanson was more creative that way and more organic of course.

anyway Dunc is just an emo bitch who doesn't appreciate some sunshine in music. :P

Yes, they've always had a hand in writing their own music, and now produce it as well, on their own label. 

Dunc is certainly entitled to his musical taste, as are we all.  I think I just jumped to conclusions that it wasn't about the current style that they play but just the stigma of bubblegum pop that these guys can't seem to shake.   Which bugs me, because they're talented, and don't get enough credit.  But if you don't like it, you don't like it, no big. 

Little sample off the new album, if anyone's interested in the changes from the MMMBop madness.... 

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2007, 10:26:02 PM »
there's nothing wrong with bubblegum pop. in fact it's been a dying breed ever since the 90s... i love Mika for bringing back real Pop instead of the bland calculated ick fest that's been around since the year 2000.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2007, 12:57:08 AM »
Broken was one of my favorite NIN CDs.   Wish was a really good song and same with the one after it.   I can't remember the song's name lol.   I wish it was a full length CD, but oh well.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2007, 01:10:03 AM »

duncvis

« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »

emo? EMO? ??  :lies:

Broken was one of my favorite NIN CDs.   Wish was a really good song and same with the one after it.   I can't remember the song's name lol.   I wish it was a full length CD, but oh well.

The song is called Last. :headbang:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2007, 09:29:26 AM »

*snort* That's darling.  I'm just depressed that I got the joke immediately.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2007, 02:51:54 PM »
Disturbed - Believe

to anyone who doesn't have some prejudice against hard rock
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

The_P

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »
*runs screaming into the night*

Hardon's inspiration.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2007, 05:40:11 PM »
Hmm. Nobody's recommended a Fall album yet, so here goes:

Can't find any tracks from this particular album  on You Tube, but here are a couple of Fall Songs :

Telephone Thing

Victoria

(yep, it's a cover of the Kinks' song. They don't often do covers, but when they do, i usually prefer their cover to the original)

Btw, I've been trying to figure out what Fall fans have in common. Sod all, it would seem, except ...so far all the ones i've ever met  (myself and my son included)turn out to be vegetarian.

Weird, huh? (any further data to throw into that pot?)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »
Heck it was hard to decide which Laurie Anderson album to recommend, but I've plumped for this one (for now)

And I've posted three lyrics from that album  over here:
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=976.msg243509#new

And you can listen to  some of the songs from it as well as songs from other albums at her website, here:
http://laurieanderson.com/index.shtml

(look in the top left corner, to change tracks)

Could I possibly try harder to interest you guys?

(She's my favourite musician, and most folks have ever even heard of her . I'm always lookingto make converts *grin*)