Educational

Author Topic: Statutory rape and gender equality  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Statutory rape and gender equality
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2007, 01:12:36 PM »
i, as a man, make a claim that i was raped, and the issue isn't taken seriously.
typical.

From what you posted on here and on the other thread about it- it seemed to me that you were saying you were held down and brought to arousal against your will, but once you had an erection you chose to use it and fucked them of your own free will. 
did i have a choice?

Were you physically restrained while the two girls were having sex with you?  Did they drug you or use a weapon or did you consent after you were aroused?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
i, as a man, make a claim that i was raped, and the issue isn't taken seriously.
typical.

From what you posted on here and on the other thread about it- it seemed to me that you were saying you were held down and brought to arousal against your will, but once you had an erection you chose to use it and fucked them of your own free will. 
did i have a choice?

Were you physically restrained while the two girls were having sex with you?  Did they drug you or use a weapon or did you consent after you were aroused?
do any of these things matter?

when i said no at the start and they continued.....
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2007, 01:16:19 PM »
Equalise this.  :finger:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
typical.

did i have a choice?

I see your point, but it would matter at a trial, because if you take the positive action to fuck them both willingly after you were aroused, that would be considered consent, unless you were under some sort of duress, like you were being held at gunpoint or knifepoint or were drugged or something.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »
how about the duress that society puts on a man?

there came a point where i realized that everybody would make fun of me if i didn't perform.
maybe they'd call me gay!
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »
how about the duress that society puts on a man?

there came a point where i realized that everybody would make fun of me if i didn't perform.
maybe they'd call me gay!

No, the only duress that would be considered duress for these purposes would be if you feared serious bodily harm to yourself or some loved one if you did not do it.  Calling you gay or making fun of you for not having sex with them would not count as duress.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2007, 03:45:07 PM »
typical.

did i have a choice?

What would they have done to you if you didn't have sex with them?  Made fun of you? Spread rumours about you?  Damn if people got charged with rape everytime peer pressure played a part in the decision to have sex the courts would be working flat out to process them all.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2007, 03:58:43 PM »
typical.

did i have a choice?

You've said yourself that believe that where woman are concerned 'no' often means 'maybe'.  Are you telling me that every time your wife tells you she's not in the mood you let it drop?  That you've never tried to get her turned on so she'd change her mind? In the terms you're viewing this incident doing so would be considered rape.  Seems like you're wanting a double-standard yourself there.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2007, 04:27:08 PM »
interesting.

though i was read the riot act by just about every single woman on this site for telling the pea, a very long time ago, that it is ok to tlak a woman into it.  and i never said anything as severe as peer pressure was ok.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »
interesting.

though i was read the riot act by just about every single woman on this site for telling the pea, a very long time ago, that it is ok to tlak a woman into it.  and i never said anything as severe as peer pressure was ok.

I think that was because people weren't seeing what you actually meant by no means maybe. As I pointed out at the time (in your defence)

I think people seem to be looking at this issue from two slightly different angles- but I could be wrong since I don't actually have 'special abilities'  :D

I think there is a world of difference between a guy trying to persuade his girlfriend/date to have sex when she's said she's not ready- after all society does tell women they shouldn't 'give it up too easily'  And a guy trying to forcefully persuade her to have sex when she's made it clear it ain't gonna happen.

Edited to add: Yes once people realised you were talking about your 'Barry White charm offensive' they admitted they'd thought you'd meant something more sinister.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 04:44:52 PM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »
that is why i wrote just about every woman on this site.
i knew that you had come to my defence over this.  you usually do, since, you are sexually honest with yourself.
however, the fact remains that i was forced to give up my argument, since it was clear that the contributors to that thread overwhelmingly called my actions rape.  RAPE for christ sakes.

i am just trying to argue that there are huge differences in the way that a man is allowed to play the game of sex and the way that women act....on a whim.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2007, 04:52:50 PM »
Like I said until you pointed out you were talking about your 'Barry White charm offensive' and not holding them down and telling them they really wanted it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2007, 04:55:20 PM »
Like I said until you pointed out you were talking about your 'Barry White charm offensive' and not holding them down and telling them they really wanted it.
they backed off a little.

but i had to back off my advice to the pea in the end. 

it was concluded that if you do not accept no the first time then you are, in essence, raping them.
still, i find the hippocricy very interesting indeed.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2007, 05:09:11 PM »
   To me it seems that those that were in the debate from the start backed off and then someone new joined in the debate with an ultra PC way of looking at it (curious primate).  Then after a little more debate, where he nit-picked at everything you said, you decided you'd lost the argument.

As far as the current debate goes I'm not saying there isn't hypocrisy (I already stated in this thread and the other thread about rape that there is), I just don't believe that your example is doing your argument any good.   If you want to argue that men can and are be raped (although no-one seems to be arguing against that fact) look for real examples to back up your claims.   

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »
but they overpowered me and took off my pants.
Misunderstood.