Educational

Author Topic: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.  (Read 2251 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • Replacement Despot
Re: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.
« Reply #135 on: Today at 03:52:02 AM »
I must have missed those. No doubt they were awesome.

Can you answer the questions that I have posed to gun control advocates?

Neither 4AD nor odeon have given plausible answers.  They just throw red-herring arguments.

All I saw was well-supported arguments that shot down your nonsense in flames.

It is self-evident that you are too far down the rabbit hole to be reached. But I found their arguments interesting. And I found yours amusing.

:wanker:

Let's see you counter my arguments instead of just lazily making snarky comments.

You might want to follow your own advice. Start by carefully reading what others write instead of the knee-jerk responses. Your replies to me illustrate your difficulties well.
To me it looks like you're saying that banning bombs didn't stop bombs going off therefore there is no point to gun control because it's a mental health issue. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #136 on: Today at 03:53:56 AM »
This rifle is so deadly and so easy to use that no civilian should be able to get their hands on one.

I urge you all to read the entire blog post.

No, I'm going to take a page from your playbook and force you to spoonfeed it to me.  :pwned:

Allow me to quote your earlier post:

Let's see you counter my arguments instead of just lazily making snarky comments.
To me it looks like you're saying that banning bombs didn't stop bombs going off therefore there is no point to gun control because it's a mental health issue. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #137 on: Today at 04:07:17 AM »
OK. So they regard the kids as expendable, then? Who cares if there is another school shooting as long as we have our guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

This is another example of the shit that odeot passes off as logical arguments.

The reality is more complicated than the binary world of the odeot.

School shootings are a cultural phenomenon and were very rare prior to 1998 despite the fact that "assault weapons" had been available to the public since the early 1970's.

This is the saddest excuse I've read today. As for "very rare", nope. On the rise, yes, but not "very rare".

The reality is that you have a problem, regardless of what you call it, and unless you do something, things will get worse. Calling me "odeot" won't change that, it will just make you look like someone not to be taken seriously. And I'm being charitable.

Offline Minister of silly walks

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #138 on: Today at 04:39:05 AM »
I must have missed those. No doubt they were awesome.

Can you answer the questions that I have posed to gun control advocates?

Neither 4AD nor odeon have given plausible answers.  They just throw red-herring arguments.

All I saw was well-supported arguments that shot down your nonsense in flames.

It is self-evident that you are too far down the rabbit hole to be reached. But I found their arguments interesting. And I found yours amusing.

Just calling it as I see it. Sounds like somebody needs a waaaaambulance.

And Odeot :) already shot down your bogus claims about the murder rate after Australia's gun ban.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #139 on: Today at 11:26:17 AM »

You do realise that your constitution was meant - indeed designed - to be updated, right?

There's a process for that. It's not been used with the 2nd, as it has to correct politically unsustainable flaws.

Now, I happen to think that the 2nd amendment has been badly misinterpreted, but I'm no Constitutional scholar.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #140 on: Today at 03:32:24 PM »

You do realise that your constitution was meant - indeed designed - to be updated, right?

There's a process for that. It's not been used with the 2nd, as it has to correct politically unsustainable flaws.

Now, I happen to think that the 2nd amendment has been badly misinterpreted, but I'm no Constitutional scholar.

It looks like it's been misinterpreted on purpose, tbh.