Author Topic: The criminal parts of the Koran  (Read 7298 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: The criminal parts of the Koran
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 05:27:01 AM »
Actually, I believe the Bible is protected by the same laws in Denmark that protect the Koran, namely, freedom of speech. The inequality that exists between Christianity and the other religions in Denmark does not give the Bible special status other than the fact that the state finances its publishing and the religion behind it.

The point here, Peter, is that the State of Denmark does not prohibit Islam. There are groups that, using various methods, try to do just that, however, but the applicable laws really are quite clear on this.

Islamophobics are everywhere, but thankfully, there is freedom of religion.

Freedom of religion and freedom of speech isn't an absolute.  In the UK, I couldn't for instance start the Church of Peter and preach that the English are all evil servants of Satan who should be slaughtered while remaining within the bounds of UK law, since that would fall under hate speech and incitement to violence legislation.  It's the same thing when muslims preach that the infidels deserve death; their religion doesn't protect them from prosecution for hate crimes and incitement to violence, and I remember at least one cleric who was deported on those grounds, and I suspect the situation is similar in Denmark.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 05:40:01 AM »
Yes, it is about the same in Denmark, and Sweden, and lots of other places. And that's really the point: you can't do everything the bible tells you to if you want to follow the laws in most countries.

But again: The State of Denmark does not prohibit Islam. There are  enough Islamophobics trying to do that but Denmark isn't there yet.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 08:58:59 AM »
Actually, I believe the Bible is protected by the same laws in Denmark that protect the Koran, namely, freedom of speech. The inequality that exists between Christianity and the other religions in Denmark does not give the Bible special status other than the fact that the state finances its publishing and the religion behind it.

The point here, Peter, is that the State of Denmark does not prohibit Islam. There are groups that, using various methods, try to do just that, however, but the applicable laws really are quite clear on this.

Islamophobics are everywhere, but thankfully, there is freedom of religion.

Freedom of religion and freedom of speech isn't an absolute.  In the UK, I couldn't for instance start the Church of Peter and preach that the English are all evil servants of Satan who should be slaughtered while remaining within the bounds of UK law, since that would fall under hate speech and incitement to violence legislation.  It's the same thing when muslims preach that the infidels deserve death; their religion doesn't protect them from prosecution for hate crimes and incitement to violence, and I remember at least one cleric who was deported on those grounds, and I suspect the situation is similar in Denmark.

Sweden is actually so sick that I could say publically that all Swedes deserve to die; death threats to Swedes as a group isn't a hate crime in this country!!! If I said the same about Muslims, gays, etc, I'd most likely go to jail for it.  ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
Very, very few people "deserve" to die. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 03:58:57 PM »

Sucks then that we all do. Frankly, it seems such a part of humanity that
I would say it is one of our defining factors.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 04:01:31 PM »
I think its worth pointing out that the bible changes tone halfway through - Jesus turns up and is like " hey, forget that violent stuff, its peace and love now!"  And the second half has a less bloodthirsty emphasis.  Not sure sure if the Koran does.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 04:11:06 PM »
I think its worth pointing out that the bible changes tone halfway through - Jesus turns up and is like " hey, forget that violent stuff, its peace and love now!"  And the second half has a less bloodthirsty emphasis.  Not sure sure if the Koran does.

I think the Koran is more along the lines of "Hey, you know all that violent stuff?  Well, here's a new list of people to be violent towards!  I particularly recommend stoning people; it always gives me a stiffy.".
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 12:49:01 AM »
makes me wonder if the danes are allowed to study Mein Kampf in history, I assume they don't have RE if holy books are out

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007, 03:52:19 AM »
wow. this so sounds like a discussion on a completetly unreltated board.

And yes, I'm drunk off my fucking ass.

Scrapheap

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2007, 12:21:32 AM »

Most NPD's I've met deserve to die.  :evillaugh:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2007, 12:04:47 PM »
National Police Department?

Scrapheap

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2007, 10:32:28 PM »
No Pussy getting Dicks.

Thagomizer

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2007, 09:22:04 AM »
I just came across this: http://siad.wordpress.com/2007/02/22/the-criminal-parts-of-the-koran/
Well, I'm glad that some countries are finally realizing that Islam is a political movement rather than a religious one.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:00:39 PM by Thagomizer »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »
As with most religions, it is both. Consider how an average American presidential candidate goes about to win votes in the Bible Belt.

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »
As with most religions, it is both. Consider how an average American presidential candidate goes about to win votes in the Bible Belt.
what do they do?
go balls deep?
Misunderstood.