Author Topic: Another US shooting..  (Read 13471 times)

Litigious

Re: Another US shooting..
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2007, 07:20:31 AM »
I like that smiley.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2007, 07:33:43 AM »
i guess he didn't get the kind of support/understanding from his parents and other people that he needed and that contributed heavily to him turning into such a basket case. the thing to blame here is a dysfunctional world.
or that some people are just wired differently.

he was an adult who made his own choices.  lets not coddle his behaviour.

i'm not coddling anybody, and if you read what i said you'll see i said not having the support he needed, that contributed to what happened, not that it alone caused it. :tantrum:

or...
you are just so cute when you get angry.  i just want to gobble you up.

Hey, I miss you, too Milla. You should come around to play, more often!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2007, 08:23:06 AM »
why gosh darnit, i feel so warm and fuzzy inside now. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2007, 08:30:49 AM »
whew.

another shooting spree avoided.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »
whew.

another shooting spree avoided.

No, guns are banned in the UK and Milla is probably law-abiding, so she wouldn't be able to get a gun anyway.  ;)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »
i live in Ireland though which is not exactly UK, i dunno about the laws here though... but reading about your humongous pill stash and knowing you live in a country that is next to the country i USED to live in... that kinda makes me want to go on that shooting spree after all. :smurf:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Litigious

« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »
i live in Ireland though which is not exactly UK, i dunno about the laws here though... but reading about your humongous pill stash and knowing you live in a country that is next to the country i USED to live in... that kinda makes me want to go on that shooting spree after all. :smurf:

I think Ireland has harsh gun laws but not as harsh as Britain. Britain actually has harsher gun laws than Sweden!

Scrapheap

« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2007, 08:40:09 AM »

I think Ireland has harsh gun laws but not as harsh as Britain. Britain actually has harsher gun laws than Sweden!

I think Britian and Australia have the strickest gun laws next to North Korea.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2007, 08:49:02 AM »
They got away with some pretty anti-American legislation in DC for a while, though.
Something about shooting people not being among our rights.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2007, 08:51:52 AM »

I think Britian and Australia have the strickest gun laws next to North Korea.

Yep. Hand guns are totally banned for all "ordinary" citizens and air guns are licensed! You can get 3 years in prison in Britain and Australia for an unlicensed air gun. In Sweden you usually get 6 months for illegal possesion of a real gun. Shame on supposedly democratic countries to have such gun laws anyway.

Litigious

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2007, 08:54:26 AM »
They got away with some pretty anti-American legislation in DC for a while, though.

If you don't stand up for your rights soon, you might end up like us poor Europeans and the Aussies. Guns will either be banned, or, they will be allowed, but not in self-defense, which makes the legal possesion of a gun meaningless.

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2007, 08:55:54 AM »
why can't everyone just learn martial arts for defence instead
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2007, 09:01:54 AM »

Good point. Studying martial arts improved my competition shooting abilities, tremedously. Actually made me into a contender.

Scrapheap

« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2007, 09:01:55 AM »

Because Jiu-Jitsu does a shitty job of stopping bullets.  ::) durr

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2007, 09:08:43 AM »

If you don't stand up for your rights soon, you might end up like us poor Europeans and the Aussies. Guns will either be banned, or, they will be allowed, but not in self-defense, which makes the legal possesion of a gun meaningless.

Totally agree, but with the two main parties, both, attacking our varoious rights, it's kind of hard to stop. We need a successful independent candidate for a few years, maybe, but that is not even likely.