Author Topic: Another US shooting..  (Read 13408 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Another US shooting..
« Reply #450 on: December 05, 2017, 12:40:10 AM »
And you replaced it with something about me. Well done to piss me off, idiot. Consider yourself sinbinned.

And here's a hint: the kind of bullying that is your thing is against our TOS, just as it is against the TOS of your service provider. So no, you don't get to keep on doing it here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #451 on: December 05, 2017, 12:41:29 AM »
Oh, and if you doubt me, talk to your ISP. I can do it if you like but then you'll have to get a new one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #452 on: December 05, 2017, 01:23:31 AM »
Yeah. This place has gone completely to shit.  :trollskull:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #453 on: December 05, 2017, 04:15:20 AM »
What did you expect with a baby in charge?

If I didn't know it was an old one, I'd guess  you changed your avatar to better resemble the management. Well, on a good day at least.

Want to try for a bad day?

I can't make my mind up...

http://2il.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Sea-creatures.jpg

Or..wait, no, I got it:

'no punters make me a saaaaaadddd panda'

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZdnIslPmutSOe3nlqJrgYoDCZVFJ-Wlkv-jdJQwIp46Ln9wuQlA

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #454 on: December 05, 2017, 08:23:04 AM »
So what's the cause of gun violence this week?  Is it "mental health" or "mexicans"?  I can't remember where we got to.

When did I ever say Mexicans?

I think that post was meant as a generalized random jab at some of us USA gun owners.

I grew up in a predominately Mexican culture in South Texas. Almost all my friends were of some form of Spanish, Portuguese, Indian (native American, but they HATE that reference) or mestizo decent.

While the phrase SFM was very commonly used (Stupid Fucking Mexican) the people I knew were just as smart as we whites were.
Now to be quite honest, many of my friends fathers did not have the advantage of my own father's fancy 8th grade education, so they often seemed a bit "stupid".
In reality they were eager to learn new things and found better work from associating with these really smart cowboys like my dad, with his fancy 8th grade education.

I have problem with these assholes who think that third world country people can not contribute to a modern and "sophisticated" (in our tunnel visioned view) society.  Someone just needs to give them a chance to succeed and many will surprise us all.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:31:33 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #455 on: December 05, 2017, 09:05:04 AM »
I suppose it depends on who and where. Some places do seem rather to have gone to hell in a handbasket. (syria, somalia etc.) Where until some pretty filthy stains are cleansed it isn't going to get much better.

(not that in the case of syria at least there is much left anymore TO get better. Not unless your an autie that has a speshul interest in collecting artillery shell-casings, landminds and the odd dump full of mustard gas) (count me out. If I wanted that sort of thing I'd not be borrowing any from some jihadi chumps who probably make shitty mustard agents. Not that its particularly difficult, I've never tried to sit down and work out how long it would take me, but lets just say a couple of hardware stores and a pet shop and I'd already have it if I wanted any. )
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #456 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:17 AM »
So what's the cause of gun violence this week?  Is it "mental health" or "mexicans"?  I can't remember where we got to.

I think that post was meant as a generalized random jab at some of us USA gun owners.

I grew up in a predominately Mexican culture in South Texas. Almost all my friends were of some form of Spanish, Portuguese, Indian (native American, but they HATE that reference) or mestizo decent.

While the phrase SFM was very commonly used (Stupid Fucking Mexican) the people I knew were just as smart as we whites were.
Now to be quite honest, many of my friends fathers did not have the advantage of my own father's fancy 8th grade education, so they often seemed a bit "stupid".
In reality they were eager to learn new things and found better work from associating with these really smart cowboys like my dad, with his fancy 8th grade education.

I have problem with these assholes who think that third world country people can not contribute to a modern and "sophisticated" (in our tunnel visioned view) society.  Someone just needs to give them a chance to succeed and many will surprise us all.

There's been a few mentions of Mexicans on this thread so not a random reference.

Anyway...

Once again I ask...  Can any of the gun lobby supporters provide any verifiable research that sho0ws either than gun controls will not work in reducing gun violence, or any statistical proof that mental health is linked to gun crime, violent crime, or any fucking crime at all.

Or you can change the subject and get more insulting.  I bet most will go option b.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #457 on: December 06, 2017, 05:19:49 AM »

There's been a few mentions of Mexicans on this thread so not a random reference.

Anyway...

Once again I ask...  Can any of the gun lobby supporters provide any verifiable research that sho0ws either than gun controls will not work in reducing gun violence, or any statistical proof that mental health is linked to gun crime, violent crime, or any fucking crime at all.

Or you can change the subject and get more insulting.  I bet most will go option b.

Cool list every incident of ANYONE going postal and I will show you a mentally ill person. Why? Because it is mentally abnornal behaviour. Same as suicides. Mentally healthy people generally do not do it.

Many of the homicides are from Sociopaths and Psychopaths.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #458 on: December 06, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »
By your definition, then?

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #459 on: December 06, 2017, 01:23:13 PM »

Cool list every incident of ANYONE going postal and I will show you a mentally ill person. Why? Because it is mentally abnornal behaviour. Same as suicides. Mentally healthy people generally do not do it.

That is the second worst logic I have ever witnessed you use.

Of course from the view point of the majority ALL abhorrent behaviour is mentally abnormal.  Murder.  Suicide.  Shoplifting.  Smoking.  None of it makes sense so it must be mad people.

The point you miss is that mentally unhealthy people mostly start out as mentally healthy people.  Just like most illegally sold guns start out as legally sold guns.  To not legislate that flow of firearms is the most mentally unhealthy thing about this subject.

Once again.  Gun control does not equal gun ban. 

But please, if you have any studies or statistics that show gun control will be bad or that mental health is linked to crime in any way whatsoever then please post it up here so we can all see it.  I'm still waiting. All you do is re-post the same unfounded shit.

Evidence please.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #460 on: December 07, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »

That is the second worst logic I have ever witnessed you use.

Of course from the view point of the majority ALL abhorrent behaviour is mentally abnormal.  Murder.  Suicide.  Shoplifting.  Smoking.  None of it makes sense so it must be mad people.

The point you miss is that mentally unhealthy people mostly start out as mentally healthy people.  Just like most illegally sold guns start out as legally sold guns.  To not legislate that flow of firearms is the most mentally unhealthy thing about this subject.

Once again.  Gun control does not equal gun ban. 

But please, if you have any studies or statistics that show gun control will be bad or that mental health is linked to crime in any way whatsoever then please post it up here so we can all see it.  I'm still waiting. All you do is re-post the same unfounded shit.

Evidence please.

I have not questioned the fact that mentally unwell people usually start of mentally well. That does in no way address my point.

Are mass shooters mentally well or mentally unwell? Easy question. Are people that use guns to suicide mentally well or mentally unwell? As I say regardless of how they became mentally unwell or when, and regardless of how difficult you believe it is to enforce this, you said there is no statistical link, I would have you list names of such people and I will call each of these people as suffering from Psychological illness/being mentally unwell and you can dispute these all you like. We can apply these to your efforts to pretend there is no link and wrap this ridiculous conversation up.

If your argument is shifting to "but you will not be able to enforce it" that is an entirely different point to the one at hand
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #461 on: December 08, 2017, 12:51:21 AM »
You're still not presenting any evidence, only opinions.

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #462 on: December 08, 2017, 01:42:03 AM »

I have not questioned the fact that mentally unwell people usually start of mentally well. That does in no way address my point.

Are mass shooters mentally well or mentally unwell? Easy question. Are people that use guns to suicide mentally well or mentally unwell? As I say regardless of how they became mentally unwell or when, and regardless of how difficult you believe it is to enforce this, you said there is no statistical link, I would have you list names of such people and I will call each of these people as suffering from Psychological illness/being mentally unwell and you can dispute these all you like. We can apply these to your efforts to pretend there is no link and wrap this ridiculous conversation up.

If your argument is shifting to "but you will not be able to enforce it" that is an entirely different point to the one at hand

All that is standing between you and a Nobel prize is your reluctance to post any kind of provable statistic.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: December 08, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »
Regulating guns is too hard.

Instead we should regulate people's state of mind.

Yeah, that sounds much easier.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #464 on: December 08, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »
Regulating guns is too hard.

Instead we should regulate people's state of mind.

Yeah, that sounds much easier.

Are you trying to think? It's cute.