Author Topic: What do you want?  (Read 26754 times)

eris

Re: What do you want?
« Reply #885 on: December 03, 2010, 08:35:10 AM »
This is a small amp for a guitar that my brother gave to me. I think it is a bass amp. That is what he says, anyway, I dont play the guitar but he can pretty well. I had it hooked up to the TV, and it gets tremendously loud. I can take a pic of it but im still figuring out my new camera, maybe later

I know how to wire it to the tv. Can I wire it to to the laptop in a similar way ?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #886 on: December 03, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
This is a small amp for a guitar that my brother gave to me. I think it is a bass amp. That is what he says, anyway, I dont play the guitar but he can pretty well. I had it hooked up to the TV, and it gets tremendously loud. I can take a pic of it but im still figuring out my new camera, maybe later

I know how to wire it to the tv. Can I wire it to to the laptop in a similar way ?

Don't know. Need more information. What cables, connections, adapters are already involved?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #887 on: December 04, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »

I am not scoffing, but it is NOT a stereo amplifier you are attempting to use. It might make your sound louder, but you will not get the full stereo (which means many things, but to start, it means two channels, one for RIGHT side information and one for LEFT side information, which are reproduced simultaneously to create a three dimensional " auditory IMAGE"  of the recorded sound encoded upon your computer.  The only way you can experience the reproduction of the three dimensional imagery recorded within the soundtrack is to have two discreet channels, each reproducing closley the original recording information. We can talk at length about how the two channels are to be reproduced properly, but without twwo channels of discreet sound reproduction, you might as well just plug in what ever you have and crank it up as loud as it will go and enjoy your headache - that is NOT scoffing - it is related to my own efforts in this area. summing - Get a stereo amp and two speakers)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

eris

« Reply #888 on: December 05, 2010, 04:08:33 AM »
ok, I dont have any cables, connections, adapters  at the moment because it isnt being used, but those things are cheap. If it would wouk I could do it if I know what to get.

but, apparantly, it wont work. I have a good stereo, though, i I burn a lot of CDs. But my laptop doesnt get that loud. I could get speakers but its not really on my list of things to pay for atm. how big of an amp would do it ?

richard

« Reply #889 on: December 05, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »
I need a tall pitcher of ice tea :nicegear:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #890 on: December 06, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
ok, I dont have any cables, connections, adapters  at the moment because it isnt being used, but those things are cheap. If it would wouk I could do it if I know what to get.

but, apparantly, it wont work. I have a good stereo, though, i I burn a lot of CDs. But my laptop doesnt get that loud. I could get speakers but its not really on my list of things to pay for atm. how big of an amp would do it ?

"How big"  regarding how much power, generally depends mostly upon how much space you have a need to fill and the efficiency of your speakers. Most people can do quite well with fairly average speakers and ten or twenty watts per channel, as long as they are sitting close to the speakers and do not expect the floor to shake when the dynamics hit.

If you already have a good stereo, then go buy a three dollar cable and adapt it to what you already have. You will need a simple "Y" cable that has a "mini" (so called computer connection - looks exactly like what your earbuds plug into your MP3 thingy with) on one end and a pair of RCA male plugs (so called stereo connection - fits any typical stereo input) on the other end. An extension cable (whether you extend the mini end or the RCA end hardly matters at this point, as long as it is designed to carry two channel stereo) will probably make life easier for you.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:11:59 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

eris

« Reply #891 on: December 06, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »
ok, I dont have any cables, connections, adapters  at the moment because it isnt being used, but those things are cheap. If it would wouk I could do it if I know what to get.

"How big"  regarding how much power, generally depends mostly upon how much space you have a need to fill and the efficiency of your speakers. Most people can do quite well with fairly average speakers and ten or twenty watts per channel, as long as they are sitting close to the speakers and do not expect the floor to shake when the dynamics hit.

If you already have a good stereo, then go buy a three dollar cable and adapt it to what you already have. You will need a simple cable that has a "mini" (so called computer connection - looks exactly like what your earbuds look like) on one end and a pair of RCA male plugs (so called stereo connection - fits any typical stereo) on the other end. An extension cable (whether you extend the mini end or the RCA end hardly matters at this point, as long as it is designed to carry two channel stereo) will probably make life easier for you.

:2thumbsup:

I take this laptop around with me everywhere, so it is easy to just set it on the stereo and do it that way.

Thank you !

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #892 on: March 09, 2011, 04:55:33 AM »
mary poppins :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #893 on: March 09, 2011, 06:10:04 AM »
A coffee
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #894 on: March 09, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:56:04 AM by bodaccea »
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #895 on: March 09, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »
Spring and no cold.  :thumbdn:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #896 on: March 09, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »
washing machine
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #897 on: March 09, 2011, 01:44:21 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #898 on: March 09, 2011, 01:52:55 PM »

:clap:
always wanted a banana splits buggy
blah blah blah

Offline Acaciavine