Educational

Author Topic: What do you want?  (Read 26599 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: What do you want?
« Reply #870 on: December 02, 2010, 12:14:26 PM »
Nothing.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #871 on: December 02, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
Everything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #872 on: December 02, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »
nothing. I'm watching Bones

eris

« Reply #873 on: December 02, 2010, 10:16:40 PM »
i want to buy this cd for real and not just steal it. it is only of the only good albums that came out last year

and I want my computer to have louder speakers

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #874 on: December 02, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »
I wanna kick some elite ass! :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #875 on: December 02, 2010, 10:33:08 PM »
Pure hardcore sex.......... and sleep, sleep is good.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #876 on: December 03, 2010, 06:10:57 AM »
i want to buy this cd for real and not just steal it. it is only of the only good albums that came out last year

How about skiping computer speakers outright and hooking up your soundcard to a powerful external amplifier with remote mounted speakers that kick ass. Otherwise, you are looking at spending a couple of hundred bucks on something "self-contained"  that has a half decent sound.

From personal experience, I can recommend the Klipsch 2.1, the larger Bose and if you want surround, the higher grade (four hundred dollar price range) Logitech, THX varieties are OK (although, over priced!).

Again, I suggest an external system (not some little computer toy) sporting the performance you need connected directly to your soundcard.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I am partial to chicks with guitars. (Avatar, for example)  I think Brody and Tony are about teH hottest!   (despite the fact that I only rarely listen to them)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:41:31 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #877 on: December 03, 2010, 06:14:42 AM »
I wanna kick some elite ass! :zoinks:

For some reason, I read your post as wanting to  KICK some Elite Bass (still in sound mode). I was going to suggest some rather unique very powerful bass systems, capable of inducing vomiting and distress to your internal organs, if you sit too close.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #878 on: December 03, 2010, 06:17:46 AM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #879 on: December 03, 2010, 06:22:39 AM »

That's a really cool plane.

OOps. I just noticed that we made similar posts.

Hey, it is said by the most experienced pilots, that Having dual engines can be a benefit in that if one engine dies, you will still have enough power to get you to a crash site, MUCH closer to your destination.

:lol:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #880 on: December 03, 2010, 06:25:02 AM »
Nothing.

If I could turn green, I would, Kevv!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #881 on: December 03, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »

That's a really cool plane.

OOps. I just noticed that we made similar posts.

Hey, it is said by the most experienced pilots, that Having dual engines can be a benefit in that if one engine dies, you will still have enough power to get you to a crash site, MUCH closer to your destination.

:lol:

I don't have a clue that it is a dual-engine plane or anything like that, but I like the shape and the olive-green-and-slate-gray color scheme!   :cheer:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

eris

« Reply #882 on: December 03, 2010, 06:53:07 AM »

How about skiping computer speakers outright and hooking up your soundcard to a powerful external amplifier with remote mounted speakers that kick ass. Otherwise, you are looking at spending a couple of hundred bucks on something "self-contained"  that has a half decent sound.

From personal experience, I can recommend the Klipsch 2.1, the larger Bose and if you want surround, the higher grade (four hundred dollar price range) Logitech, THX varieties are OK (although, over priced!).

Again, I suggest an external system (not some little computer toy) sporting the performance you need connected directly to your soundcard.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I am partial to chicks with guitars. (Avatar, for example)  I think Brody and Tony are about teH hottest!   (despite the fact that I only rarely listen to them)

All I have is a cheap laptop and all that stuff sound expensive. I have an amp, though, a small one not sure the exact size. Can I hook it up to that. Yeah I am totally computer illiterate, scoff if you will

Ive been a fan of Brody since the Distillers, Spinnerette lost the punk beat, Id call it more Indie. I listen to most post-punk stuff from the 80s, british indie, certain punk,  and a shitload of metal.

My favorite Distillers song

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #883 on: December 03, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »

All I have is a cheap laptop and all that stuff sound expensive. I have an amp, though, a small one not sure the exact size. Can I hook it up to that. Yeah I am totally computer illiterate, scoff if you will

Ive been a fan of Brody since the Distillers, Spinnerette lost the punk beat, Id call it more Indie. I listen to most post-punk stuff from the 80s, british indie, certain punk,  and a shitload of metal.

My favorite Distillers song

To begin with, I will NOT scoff.

While I may be a bit more involved with the music and sound reproduction industry than anyone else I have encountered here, "My Mission"  is to help. I KNOW what I am and I know what I do know.

I WILL NOT SCOFF.

... and I can see that you asked humbly for suggestions. I can help.

So, that aside, we go back to the beginning now.

What is the amplifier you mentioned. Is it a typical stereo amp or is it something else? If it is a typical stereo amp, I can see you going to a store for an adapter piece to mate with your computer and give stereo outputs (RCA connectors ) on the other end and then you have only to buy "bookshelf speakers" or something more substantial if your budget is able, for your massive sound.

I can tell you that you do not require very much amplifier power to enjoy great sounding music in one small room if you choose efficient speakers.

Tell me more about what you already have and a bit about your budget and I will help you as well as I can to make a smart choice regarding your wanting to have your computer to BE LOUDER!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:17:59 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #884 on: December 03, 2010, 08:20:46 AM »

Just so that you understand, I have huge speakers connected to my soundcard, via an external amplifier of fair quality, so I am recommending something that I have used for years. I am not talking out of my arse.