Author Topic: Can you be a liberal if you hate Chavs and Pikeys?  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Can you be a liberal if you hate Chavs and Pikeys?
« on: April 11, 2007, 11:42:27 PM »
I have always considered myself as a liberal democrat but I can't reconcile this with my disdain for chavs and pikeys.   Whenever I read a left wing newspapar I am assailed by op pieces begging me to love chavs and asmonishing me for looking down on them - all written by rich, comftable journalists who never have to come into contact with them in life.   I am sick of "working class" "down to earth" journos telling me how chavs are the salt of the earth and how we should "open our mind" and not "tar them all with the same brush".    Why do they never mention the agression and violence?  I think the real situation is that lots of working class people feel fear of chavs.  That is not snobbery it is just being honest.   

I had to talk to a chav on the phone at work the other day, and he started swearing at me just because I asked him for information!   He called up "alright yeah you company owes me money yeah im supposed to have two hundred pound compo coming in"  And I asked politely "which factory do you work in" and he just starts shouting "you got my money"  and I asked "do you work in one of our factories" and he shouts "fuck off then!" and puts the phone down!   And youve only got to watch Jeremy Kyle and then Trisha to see just how many pieces of human waste this country is producing.   I'm not sure which political party is best to vote for with my views, though.

duncvis

Re: Can you be a liberal if you hate Chavs and Pikeys?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:10:10 AM »
Chavs = cunts. They aren't working class. They're the ignorant bottom feeders who've always been there, but really came into their own as the aftermath of Thatcherism, as the numbers exploded thanks to the collapse of proper employment in a huge swathe of the country. Given the choice of a fulfilling career as a shelf stacker or of staying on the dole drinking White Lightning, spitting out babies and hanging around shopping centres throwing chips at each other in between shoplifting attempts, far too many chose the White Lightning.

Relax - there is no contradiction. I'm working class, and growing up there was always a dividing line apparent between 'normal people', i.e. those who didn't act like animals, and 'scuffers' - thick, deliberately selfish, obnoxious, violent and fucked up arseholes. The balance has shifted though, so that the arsehole minority is a lot bigger than it used to be, and its the rest of us who have to suffer the fuckers the most directly. People like Julie Burchill and the other chav-huggers can kiss my arse.  :finger:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:12:06 AM by duncvis »

Litigious

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 04:50:16 AM »
As far as I've understood, chavs are an even more pathetic version of American rednecks or Swedish raggare?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:05:25 AM »
You can be any combination of beliefs about domestic and foreign policy you want, the question is whether or not liberals would count you as among them.  There are some people that political parties would like the world to forget agree with them and think like them.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 05:22:16 AM »
the salt of the earth is the working class people...those who keep the cycle of the econonomy turning.

from what i understand, the chavs are not gainfully employed, and actually are a wrench in the cog of the econonomy.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:10:39 AM »
........... far too many chose the White Lightning.

Is White Lightning the same thing over there that it is here ?? (Home distilled Whiskey)

duncvis

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »

Is White Lightning the same thing over there that it is here ?? (Home distilled Whiskey)

No, its liquid shite - in Scotland the neds drink Buckfast 'tonic wine', our lot drink White Lightning, which is a strong, cheap 'white cider' which has never seen apples, appearing to have been brewed from vinegar, battery acid and rubbing alcohol. Bleurgh. :puke:

Litigious

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »
Raggare at least drink home made booze. Good Swedish schnaps.  8)

The_P

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »
As far as I've understood, chavs are an even more pathetic version of American rednecks or Swedish raggare?

I wouldn't say that they're pathetic... The do-gooders seem to think so, but I can assure you that they're more than capable of taking on responsibility but are more in tuned to taking the piss out of all decency. I don't buy this bollocks that it's due to their class or their parents. There are loads of good people out there who have had shitty mothers and fathers, and yet they turn out well, despite their upbringing. And there's loads of facilities available in this country that can better individuals (like I'm doing right now) but are too lazy and idolent to take advantage of them -- reading, writing and spelling classes, local colleges, home courses, etc.

When I see chavs, I see wasted talent.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:07:01 AM by thepeaguy »

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »

No, its liquid shite - in Scotland the neds drink Buckfast 'tonic wine', our lot drink White Lightning, which is a strong, cheap 'white cider' which has never seen apples, appearing to have been brewed from vinegar, battery acid and rubbing alcohol. Bleurgh. :puke:

That must be where the term originates from then. Most of the "Moonshiners" in American history have been of Irish and Scottish descent

The_P

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 01:38:15 PM »

That must be where the term originates from then. Most of the "Moonshiners" in American history have been of Irish and Scottish descent

Must be why I turned out to be such an internet troll, then.

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »

Are you saying we're related ??

The_P

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »

Good god, I hope not. (No offense.)

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 08:09:30 PM »

Good god, I hope not. (No offense.)

I know.

That would make the sex between us ............................ incest !!!  :o :o :o :o :o  :P :-*

richard

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 03:03:01 PM »
what the hell are chavs and pikeys