Educational

Author Topic: Calandale's turn in the spotlight  (Read 51753 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Calandale's turn in the spotlight
« Reply #735 on: July 26, 2007, 06:55:26 AM »
Goldbachs conjecture will need to be solved by a team of the world best, if it is solvable by people at all.
How do you know this ? Are you from the future ? Or do you hold some other form of psychic power ?
Simple, it is just too hard for one person to do. There might be someone who lands the final blows, like in Fermats last theorem, but most of the ground work will have been done by other people, often in teams.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #736 on: July 26, 2007, 06:56:21 AM »
Goldbachs conjecture will need to be solved by a team of the world best, if it is solvable by people at all.
How do you know this ? Are you from the future ? Or do you hold some other form of psychic power ?
Simple, it is just too hard for one person to do. There might be someone who lands the final blows, like in Fermats last theorem, but most of the ground work will have been done by other people, often in teams.
i refer you to the question i made earlier.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #737 on: July 26, 2007, 06:57:58 AM »

What you need is someone to find a difficult challenge that you can just fulfil but also fulfils your ego. I could have a think if you want, i may find something. Someway of making you succeed.

'Tis hard. Getting my last undergrad degree
with a stellar GPA was a tiny thrill. Barely lasted.
I really can't imagine what would. Or if I'd be bearable,
if my ego were fed.
is there a correlation between your high grade point average and oral favours you did for your profs?
It is at Oxford from what i hear... dont think cal went there though.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #738 on: July 26, 2007, 06:59:29 AM »

Not from the future, do seem to make lots of right guesses though, but I doubt I am psychic.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #739 on: July 26, 2007, 07:02:29 AM »

Not from the future, do seem to make lots of right guesses though, but I doubt I am psychic.
Then don't profess to know things like how Goldbach's conjecture will be solved.
It may be your opinion, and you may be right, but it's certainly not a truism or 'simple'.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #740 on: July 26, 2007, 07:04:02 AM »

Then don't profess to know things like how Goldbach's conjecture will be solved.
It may be your opinion, and you may be right, but it's certainly not a truism or 'simple'.
How much money would you put on me being wrong then?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #741 on: July 26, 2007, 07:04:44 AM »

What odds are you giving ?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #742 on: July 26, 2007, 07:07:02 AM »

I am not a betting man, but if you go to a bookie they would give you odds. Personally I would give about around 100 to 1.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #743 on: July 26, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »

I am not a betting man, but if you go to a bookie they would give you odds. Personally I would give about around 100 to 1.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #744 on: July 26, 2007, 12:48:07 PM »
is there a correlation between your high grade point average and oral favours you did for your profs?

No. I actually was working hard then.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #745 on: July 26, 2007, 12:53:04 PM »

Fah. I actually think that the necessary groundwork
is a lot greater than what was needed for say the
four color theorem - BUT, more in a conceptual sense,
and less in terms of data. This is kinda the hunch that
I was working on. There's a jump that has to be made,
and making that would be more than sufficient. I'd rather
leave the legwork.

I haven't looked at the proof for FLT, but still can't help
but wonder that there might just be something which
could be more easily shown. Yeah, I know - so many
men, much greater than I have looked at it, but Fermat
is just not known for making claims like that.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #746 on: July 26, 2007, 12:53:54 PM »

No. I actually was working hard then.

I thought you were one of those people who doesnt have to work mega hard to do well academically.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #747 on: July 31, 2007, 11:49:52 AM »
Trick trick.  :laugh:

I'm too lazy to search for it, but did you posta picture of yourself with a moustache at one point?  If yes, do you shave it when you cross-dress?

Yeah. All the pics here were with beard or stache.
I don't think that I tried looking female with them.

Though, I know that I used to wear a skirt around
the house - but often topless, so 'twas pretty
obvious.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #748 on: August 01, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »
He does IT Support for a mining company.

What do they mine?

Data?  :laugh:
I hope not.

Why not?

You got a problem with data mining?
Yes, i am a bit of a private person. And how come you jumped this question on to my thread?

I'm bored.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #749 on: August 01, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »
He does IT Support for a mining company.

What do they mine?

Data?  :laugh:
I hope not.

Why not?

You got a problem with data mining?
Yes, i am a bit of a private person. And how come you jumped this question on to my thread?

I'm bored.
Lol, is that some kryptic way of asking for someone to brighten up your day.