Educational

Author Topic: British Aspie site  (Read 9676 times)

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: British Aspie site
« Reply #330 on: April 22, 2007, 06:28:55 AM »
What was the crowd like at the meet up? Any of them 'mild' aspies like us? Anyone worth getting to know? AV seems to have a fairly diverse mix of higher and medium functioning aspies. Really annoyed I couldn't make it.

Will plan some hard partying once I get my money back!

I will never be beaten, be looking for me on your arse Mr Thief  :police: :police: :police:

I find slow forums annoying too, seems busier here. AV is good for the UK aspect though, more chance of meeting people IRL.

There are lots of more severe, less mild aspies who are worth getting to know, Kahless.

I'm sorry to hear about the thieves.  I am not as conservative as you are politically, but If they made it legal I would love to help you hunt them down with either pistol or longbow.
My man!

I'm there, too. The same way you take care of coyotes that go after your calves.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2007, 06:38:22 AM »
I'm also a bit split politically. I've argued with many a leftie but i think most americans would consider me a liberal as the centre of gravity is a bit further to the right over there i think.

and Clarkson is entertaining i suppose but he can be a bit of a cock sometimes (exaggerated though what he says may be)

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has come under attack in the Malaysian parliament for labelling one of the country's cars the worst in the world.
Mr Clarkson has voiced his frustrations with the small three-cylinder model in both magazine articles and on film.

In one article, he said its name was like a disease and suggested it was built in jungles by people who wear leaves for shoes.

And in a DVD car review, he described it as "unimaginative junk, with no soul, no flair and no passion".

He then smashed it, hung it from a crane with a one-tonne weight attached, before blowing it up.
And he thinks motorists should have more right of way than cyclists because they pay road tax.
I know he's just trying to bait lefties but it seems like a lot of people take his ideas seriously and act on them
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #332 on: April 22, 2007, 07:08:27 AM »
I met Psych on Sat - I really liked him.  He's quite quiet and calm, like me.  I remember you once saying something about wanting a meetup group where only high functioning aspies were allowed on AV - I was going to ask how you planned to enforce it - a bouncer at the door trained to recognise levels of the autistic spectrum? :laugh:

lol. you could have a challenge to have a conversation with a random person and see if they thought you were weird or something.

enforcing it sounds like a recipe for disaster though..
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #333 on: April 22, 2007, 07:15:57 AM »
Hold on - is that a star trek t shirt, how many star trek videos do you have ?  can i see some ID?  not tonight mate, go home

Litigious

« Reply #334 on: April 22, 2007, 07:24:00 AM »
Handguns are banned here. I do have an air rifle though.

My mum once threatened to shoot this big fat grey squirrel that kept on eating all the bird food. She was literally going to bump it off, but it was so fat it fell out of the fir tree and died!! She was saying in the weeks before 'one day that squirrel is going to fall out of the tree it's so greedy'.

I like America but why did you give us these fat grey scummy squirrels? It's like the typical image portrayed of an American :O They eat everything, get fat, and die! From 100 feet though the one in our garden had a horrible death. Serves it right for being greedy. It even fell from an American tree (Monterrey Cyprus)! I would happily repeal the hunting ban so the men on horses with hounds could clear every grey squirrel, bellowing 'God Save our Reds' from their bugles, in our green and pleasant land!! Bring back the reds.

Did you say you have a ..................... Squirrel problem ??  :eyebrows: :tooledup:  :flame:

There was a hawk taking the small birds that I fed for the winter. I have an air rifle too and I twice shot so near that there were tail feathers shot away from him, but he escaped. If I had had a shotgun he'd been dead meat by now, literally.

But that's nothing, of course, compared with that we Europeans are tied up by the law, so that criminals can do whatever they want to us.  >:(

Online DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #335 on: April 22, 2007, 07:40:36 AM »
I've nothing against more severe aspies, I just want to make sure I don't end up mixing with the wrong people. There have been a fair number of unsavoury characters over the years who have come and gone to some of the social groups.

Last Septmember one of them was even arrested at a pub do in Central London whilst everyone was there!!

I am conservative in some ways, liberal in others. But I hate it when townies think they know it all and dictate how the countryside should be run.

The Right to Bear Arms in Company of Grey Squirrels, Foxes, and Rats!

Anyone here like Jeremy Clarkson's books?

Pysch lives not that far from me, but haven't met him IRL yet.

Since you have honed your perceptions of others so keenly, you shoulld have no fears. Go and enjoy yourself. If you feel the need to avoid someone, how better to do it than in clear view?

......... and report back. I would love to hear it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2007, 07:46:56 AM »
What was the crowd like at the meet up? Any of them 'mild' aspies like us? Anyone worth getting to know? AV seems to have a fairly diverse mix of higher and medium functioning aspies. Really annoyed I couldn't make it.

Will plan some hard partying once I get my money back!

I will never be beaten, be looking for me on your arse Mr Thief  :police: :police: :police:

I find slow forums annoying too, seems busier here. AV is good for the UK aspect though, more chance of meeting people IRL.

There are lots of more severe, less mild aspies who are worth getting to know, Kahless.

I'm sorry to hear about the thieves.  I am not as conservative as you are politically, but If they made it legal I would love to help you hunt them down with either pistol or longbow.
My man!

I'm there, too. The same way you take care of coyotes that go after your calves.

... I forgot to mention that my pistol WAY outdoes your longbow. They don't get to see mine comin' ...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2007, 07:48:40 AM »
that's just the brits and their pride for their beloved longbow.

ah, a time when they were powerful.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2007, 07:53:30 AM »

There was a hawk taking the small birds that I fed for the winter. I have an air rifle too and I twice shot so near that there were tail feathers shot away from him, but he escaped. If I had had a shotgun he'd been dead meat by now, literally.

Poor hawk. You were fattening up all the little ones for it, and then just shot at him.  :grrr:

... I forgot to mention that my pistol WAY outdoes your longbow. They don't get to see mine comin' ...

Eh, but no one much hears the bow.

Litigious

« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2007, 08:00:36 AM »

Poor hawk. You were fattening up all the little ones for it, and then just shot at him.  :grrr:

No, I was feeding the little ones up so they'd survive the winter. If I'd hit him, hed probably been dead in a couple of seconds. It's the most powerful air rifle allowed in this cowardly country. The muzzle velocity is 200 m/s and the impact 10 J/cm2. The bullet is small but goes straight through 2 mm tin.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »
I hope you get pecked to death by pretty vultures.
You've always seemed like a pretty decent guy, but
shooting birdies? That's just wrong.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #341 on: April 22, 2007, 08:09:32 AM »
not if he eats them.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #342 on: April 22, 2007, 08:09:51 AM »

I don't want him to suffer, I just want to kill him so that he doesn't eat my little robin or some of the other small birds I like.

If I do kill him and the authorities find out, I'll probably go to jail, though. It's illegal to kill hawks here, since they're rare.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #343 on: April 22, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »
And noble.

Litigious

« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2007, 08:10:37 AM »
not if he eats them.

I don't know what a hawk tastes like. The small birds are probably tastier.